Please rework the Mesmer Trident

chrispy.7182

It just doesn't make any sense. The main attack has a ton of CC. The champions are CC'd about 50% of the time and so are not attacking and unable to trigger Confusion. So why is the main source of damage Confusion? It takes me forever to kill a champion.... Either get rid of the CC, or change it to another condition. It shouldn't have both. Makes no sense.

@Curunen.8729 said:Do you mean ambush on mirage?Previously, IH trident ambush stun spam was disgusting underwater - stunlock anyone indefinitely. The endurance nerf stopped that somewhat, but it's still strong.If Mirage is the problem, that's even more reason not to rework Trident.But did Mirages actually fight underwater in WvW for the stunlock to be a problem?

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:Do you mean ambush on mirage?Previously, IH trident ambush stun spam was disgusting underwater - stunlock anyone indefinitely. The endurance nerf stopped that somewhat, but it's still strong.If Mirage is the problem, that's even more reason
not
to rework Trident.But did Mirages actually fight underwater in WvW for the stunlock to be a problem?

Oh don't worry, trident is probably my favourite weapon in the game so not asking for anything! :D

Trident ambush is like sword ambush, but better - thankfully aside from wvw underwater, nobody had to suffer it elsewhere - and the mirage nerfs have kind of brought that in line anyway.

As for that situation - sure it's not common but it was insanely strong such that I would go out of my way to lure fights underwater, of which I recall a fair number of ridiculous wins that would have been impossible on land.

@Curunen.8729 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:Do you mean ambush on mirage?Previously, IH trident ambush stun spam was disgusting underwater - stunlock anyone indefinitely. The endurance nerf stopped that somewhat, but it's still strong.If Mirage is the problem, that's even more reason
not
to rework Trident.But did Mirages actually fight underwater in WvW for the stunlock to be a problem?

Oh don't worry, trident is probably my favourite weapon in the game so not asking for anything! :D

Trident ambush is like sword ambush, but better - thankfully aside from wvw underwater, nobody had to suffer it elsewhere - and the mirage nerfs have kind of brought that in line anyway.

As for that situation - sure it's not common but it was insanely strong such that I would go out of my way to lure fights underwater, of which I recall a fair number of ridiculous wins that would have been impossible on land.

I can verify those as QFT!I'm pretty sure we did a 2v5 underwater, starting from way behind.

Ruin plays always offer the best fights.

@MidJuly.1839 said:

not

I can verify those as QFT!I'm pretty sure we did a 2v5 underwater, starting from way behind.

Ruin plays always offer the best fights.

Cheers, yeah there were a lot of mental fights underwater.

Not to mention trident auto can give vigour which synergises well with Mirage.

Biggest problem now is the -50 endurance nerf which I personally feel has more detrimental effect underwater than on land, because on land you have much easier time kiting or using ports/other skills to avoid incoming damage. But underwater is much harder to reposition and kite, so reliance on dodges is much higher.So despite Trident still being somewhat strong on Mirage, overall it plays much worse offensively and defensively thanks to only having a single dodge. :(

@chrispy.7182 said:It just doesn't make any sense. The main attack has a ton of CC. The champions are CC'd about 50% of the time and so are not attacking and unable to trigger Confusion. So why is the main source of damage Confusion? It takes me forever to kill a champion.... Either get rid of the CC, or change it to another condition. It shouldn't have both. Makes no sense.

People begging for a complete overhaul of mesmer in pvp/wvw for years now, and this guys completely out of touch with reality ask anet to dedicate time to underwater weapons.