Undo the level-requirement changes for the Effect-Armor

Virdo.1540

What is this children kitten? We all are playing Wvw for days, weeks ,months to become level 2000 & are happy to finally get the (imo pretty) Effect-Armor. And now this stuff gets lowered to 500? On Every higher-level armor? Who the hell said this is a good idea?

What exactly is the reason to play between level 500 & 10000 now? For the already terrible rewards? For meeting new toxic friends? Or an title that doesnt to anything (it dont even give Accountpoints)?Can i refund my time?

What next? The PvP-Effect armor doesnt need pvp-level 100 anymore, instead just 25? Wth

@Virdo.1540 said:What exactly is the reason to play between level 500 & 10000 now? For the already terrible rewards? For meeting new toxic friends? Or an title that doesnt to anything (it dont even give Accountpoints)?

The reasons to continue to play now after reaching level 500 are the same reasons that players continued to play WvW after they reached level 2000 before this patch. If you do not like WvW, don't play WvW.

What next? The PvP-Effect armor doesnt need pvp-level 100 anymore, instead just 25? Wth

Yeah, would be OK. Or we could get the legendary raid and PvP trinkets with a WvW reward track. ;)

@Zok.4956 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:What exactly is the reason to play between level 500 & 10000 now? For the already terrible rewards? For meeting new toxic friends? Or an title that doesnt to anything (it dont even give Accountpoints)?

The reasons to continue to play now after reaching level 500 are the same reasons that players continued to play WvW after they reached level 2000 before this patch. If you do not like WvW, don't play WvW.

Yeah, would be OK. Or we could get the legendary raid and PvP trinkets with a WvW reward track. ;)

Yeah, and make GoB accessible through PvE and PvP reward track too. And WvW legendary ring aswell, sure.1000 rank is what, around 500 hours of playing reasonnably. Just compare the play times to the sPvP ones and adjust them.

@Antioche.7034 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

@"Virdo.1540" said:What exactly is the reason to play between level 500 & 10000 now? For the already terrible rewards? For meeting new toxic friends? Or an title that doesnt to anything (it dont even give Accountpoints)?

Yeah, and make GoB accessible through PvE and PvP reward track too. And WvW legendary ring aswell, sure.1000 rank is what, around 500 hours of playing reasonnably. Just compare the play times to the sPvP ones and adjust them.

My guess is, that Anet will make/change more ways to motivate players to make/get legendary armor/trinkets (but will not reduce the cost/material requirement) so more players try to make legendaries. This way they could remove more gold from the system and could sell their "legendary armory" (or the overpriced gear templates) to more players.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:I really dont undestand what all this fuss is about. Rank 500 or rank 2500, if you havent decided whether WvW is worth continue playing outside its laughable "rewards", I dont understand why you keep going.

Because there was 0 reason for this change.

It didn't affect availability of ascended gear via WvW given the Triumphant armor. It didn't affect availability of legendary gear via WvW, given the normal Triumphant armor already functioned as a precursor and is even easier to acquire then the Mistforged one. On top of all actually pitting both sets against each other for no reason.

This literally does only 1 thing: devalue the higher set armor by reducing its rarity.

Now we could argue about rarity and how and if it should be valued, but a simple fact is: rarity does matter, evident in the absurd amounts some spend on infusions and similar items.

If this was about getting players into WvW, then a proper approach of ADDING intermediary goals and adding more WvW unique items would have been far better. Not reducing the time spent in gaining the rewards of the mode. This implementation just makes it seem as though who ever was in charge didn't even know there was already ascended gear with all the functionality of the Mistforged Triumphent set available, bar the unique visual appearance.

@Zok.4956 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

@"Virdo.1540" said:What exactly is the reason to play between level 500 & 10000 now? For the already terrible rewards? For meeting new toxic friends? Or an title that doesnt to anything (it dont even give Accountpoints)?

My guess is, that Anet will make/change more ways to motivate players to make/get legendary armor/trinkets (but will not reduce the cost/material requirement) so more players try to make legendaries. This way they could remove more gold from the system and could sell their "legendary armory" (or the overpriced gear templates) to more players.

They're all already pretty easy to get though :/

@"angelofhate.9705" said:An absolutely pointless change. All those who have worked hard for it will be trolled.

Absolutely incomprehensible how you come up with such unnecessary changes, Anet.

I would love to get a Refund for my time aswell.

How?

I hear this "but my work is worth nothing" so often and I never get an answer to why this should be the case? You got your legendary armor with that. You got what you were working for. If you didn't like wvw and did it anyway that's only your problem. GW2 started with the promise not to have a gear grind and WvW is the worst way to get gear or gold. So either you did this, because you played WvW anyway or you really have a serious problem with compulsion because of wanting to be recognized.

@Antioche.7034 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

They're all already pretty easy to get though :/

Yes, we both know that. But the Anet employee behind this change probably doesn't know that.

@diomache.9246 said:

@"angelofhate.9705" said:An absolutely pointless change. All those who have worked hard for it will be trolled.

Absolutely incomprehensible how you come up with such unnecessary changes, Anet.

I would love to get a Refund for my time aswell.

How?

I hear this "but my work is worth nothing" so often and I never get an answer to why this should be the case? You got your legendary armor with that. You got what you were working for. If you didn't like wvw and did it anyway that's only your problem. GW2 started with the promise not to have a gear grind and WvW is the worst way to get gear or gold. So either you did this, because you played WvW anyway or you really have a serious problem with compulsion because of wanting to be recognized.

What do you mean "How?" Is the difference between 500 vs 2000 somehow lost on you? People are miffed about going the distance to get something, then Anet retroactively invaliding whatever time they had to put in, for next to no reason. If that is difficult to understand, I don't know what to tell you. Also read the title of the thread. This is not about legendary armor. You could already make a full set before even hitting the 2k target. This is about the final tier set. Double also! What does what GW2 started with, have to do with anything? Whatever they started with, obviously ain't what they ended with, cause last I checked, you have to put in work for a lot of shiny things.

And it's still not an issue. Do the legendary armor in pvp or pve and you see how much of a difference that is. Those are basically handed out for free in comparison to the WvW one. And you lose nothing by this change because you already got it and no sane person uses it for fashion wars.That's just crying that some noob could suddenly wear it and we end up with "no longer feeling special" as argument.

Imagine having to grind that now as new account without Warclaw, Gliding, no boosters and getting the materials together.

@diomache.9246It is an issue that people waste their time for something that other players get gifted.Imagine having to grind that now as new account without Warclaw, Gliding, no boosters and getting the materials together.That was the best time of wvw tbhWarclaw makes people worse than without, Gliding only is useful in desert, never used boosters either (lv1300+) and mats are nothing with specific reward tracks

I mean, I feel like a bigger reward for "going the distance" is that I don't have to feel like a fool when I jump on a cannon, ram, treb, cata, or arrow cart and realize this specific character I'm playing doesn't actually have the right skill unlocked.

If you're only playing WvW for the rewards I really do feel bad for you. It's the only reason I can think of anyone being upset about this change. The armor itself, shiny or otherwise, looks like crap. If you think having that particular armor will give you some sort of status, you're just... wrong. Nobody gives a shit what you're wearing. If anything your WvW Rank itself is more of a status symbol (and even that's minor) than whatever shiny thing you're using to drop my frames.

@Strages.2950 said:If you're only playing WvW for the rewards I really do feel bad for you. It's the only reason I can think of anyone being upset about this change. The armor itself, shiny or otherwise, looks like kitten. If you think having that particular armor will give you some sort of status, you're just... wrong. Nobody gives a kitten what you're wearing. If anything your WvW Rank itself is more of a status symbol (and even that's minor) than whatever shiny thing you're using to drop my frames.

Yea thats a problem. Nothing is giving u anything. Nothing is worth a crap. Nothing does anything.

Gw2 is only about effects. Even though (like with the last patch) All effect-skins are gifted to everyone that doesnt play at all. Everything is thrown at the players that dont want to spend time. Gw2 is too easy ,too rewarding for nothing.

A level 500 is highly unlikely to actually get the 9,190 tickets (as well as other materials).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Special:RunQuery/WvW_skirmish_pip_query?

Instead of being angry, please enter a reasonable number there, and see if it comes to not less than 500 hours of play minimum (in reality closer, to 700) of which you would get 1000-1500 ranks anyways. One of the things people seem to consistently fail to note is that low ranked players do not earn that many pips. I will usually earn 50% or more pips than my friends that barely play WvW.

A bronze ranked player that plays 16.5 hours a week, on a server that always wins and has a 24/7 karma train would take 405 hours to get all tickets. At a meager 2 ranks/hour, this translates to 810 ranks. dedicated solely for getting legendary armor. With a booster this can be 1620. And that is like if they played the game as if it were a part time job. If they were more casual, it would take significantly longer. Would they be able to also farm the ~2000 gold in the meantime? Well, maybe if they devoted most of it to the legendary, yes. Also, do you really expect an inexperienced player to farm to that level of efficiency? No, so don't @ me with "my alt is going to get legendaries too!!!!"

Not that rank 2000 means anything anyways. I actually went for mistforged triumphant for some pieces simply because I didn't want to craft marks (a terrible mechanic), not because I wanted prestige. Heck, I even unchecked shoulders because i don't like them. But more importantly, it's because I actually play WvW anyways, so tickets are far more expendable for me since they will occur naturally. Honestly, if you've been playing consistently for 4-5 years and still haven't reached rank 2000, I think it's enough. Just my opinion-- I would have set it at 1000 (or maybe w/e it takes to max out all points) myself.

I suppose people might actually come up with the point that you can just get the ascended armor and still have the skin. Well, in that case, they've purchased a really overpriced piece of ascended armor. Each to their own I guess.

@Virdo.1540 said:

@diomache.9246It is an issue that people waste their time for something that other players get gifted.Imagine having to grind that now as new account without Warclaw, Gliding, no boosters and getting the materials together.That was the best time of wvw tbhWarclaw makes people worse than without, Gliding only is useful in desert, never used boosters either (lv1300+) and mats are nothing with specific reward tracks

So you decide what the best time of WvW was? Sorry, I rest my case about that compulsion to prove something to others by getting specific gear.I don't know if you play this game mode for your ego, you may be the one doing it wrong from the beginning. I'm playing this game mode for fun and for many years and I don't give a small sweet kitten about someon wearing the armor, a title or something like that.