Can we have a warning if you have weapons equipped that you can't use?

Jeydra.4386

It's happened to me several times. I queue PvP on a PvE map. When I load in, my build updates. The traits, the equipped skills, etc. But the weapons do not. I've played so many games with my core Necro wielding a Greatsword simply because I play a Reaper in PvE with one, and the build template switches without the weapons switching too.

Of course I can switch weapons during the load phase, but it's not obvious. Like, if I loaded into PvP and saw Summon Blood Fiend on my bar I know I have to switch it, but the Greatsword is in the non-active weapon slot and I don't see it. Once the game starts it's too late to change, and having only one weaponset is a serious handicap.

Can we get a warning similar to the "you have weapons equipped with no stats selected" notification if we load into a game with a weapon we can't use, or simply just switch weapons too when we load into PvP?

@"Metzie.3451" said:Please, what? You're asking for a whole lettering? You're expecting a lot... :)

How about this, at least a little hint that something is wrong with the build.G8lqbyO.png

Don't know what you're talking about. See this screenshot. I clearly have a Greatsword equipped that I can't use, and there's no warning (there was no "equipment template can't be used by your current build" warning either).

ryOrH7V.jpg

@Jeydra.4386 said:

@"Metzie.3451" said:Please, what? You're asking for a whole lettering? You're expecting a lot... :)

How about this, at least a little hint that something is wrong with the build.
G8lqbyO.png

Don't know what you're talking about. See this screenshot. I clearly have a Greatsword equipped that I can't use, and there's no warning (there was no "equipment template can't be used by your current build" warning either).

Okay, once more. My first remark with "Please what? ... "was rather joking, ironic. Hope we're clear on that, now?!

What I meant by the screenshot is that IF something like this happens, in other words, if you have a weapon or a weapon set that does not fit your specialization, then you would at least get a hint, in the form of an icon, similar to what I have added, see below, and/or similar to what you have already suggested, with a text box. According to this, such a hint box already exists, but not for weapons that do not fit the spec. s7tH60v.png

So, I know what you mean! I know the issue myself, but in the explanation that the visible weapon set was correct, whereas the second one was wrong (what you don't see at first). Therefore the following, further example from my perspective and experience: Thief, specialization "deadeye": Visible is "Dagger + Pistol" (which is okay and fits), but the second weapon set, not visible at first, is a "Staff". I would appreciate at least a little hint, as already mentioned.

Enclosed, in relation to your illustration. If you see the obviously wrongly placed weapon set, which is shown in grey, shouldn't that be a hint enough to change it against the desired, correct weapon set? If your picture is only (meant to be as) an illustration, forget this remark. 

So far, so good. :) If you understood how the templates (whether build or equipment) work in their entirety, also depending on the different game modes, you (in the current case you, and I'm sure many others still feel the same way) would have fewer problems. This is not an accusation against you or the players, to make this clear! ;)

See the following illustration below and/or the source: Build and equipment templates (wiki)

lkCjeLw.png

Once you have (become) fully aware of how the template system (according to ANet) works and you have several "builds" (which is rather common) that (should) work with different weapons, it is up to you to buy as many slots as possible or necessary, which increases the variety of variations. You may also save yourself the inconvenience of the ones you have described. 

Nonetheless, the build and equipment templates are well-meant, but in the end (at the current state) essentially miserable, cumbersome and user-unfriendly in handling (at least in my opinion). And this on the one hand because of the technology (programming, construction of the game, the interface) and on the other hand because ANet wants to earn as much money as possible (in a, for me personally, dubious way).

In the meantime I have come to terms with the given and found a way, which is not perfect but satisfying. For only one character, my main class, I bought another "equipment slot". That's it. I like to pay (even more) for quality. Anyway, the template system has only in the farthest sense something to do with quality, to express it politely.