Frame drop at spawn locations/moments (bosses in general, fractals, raids)

Hello everyone,so i read about all those blurry BLTC color- , disconnect- , latency- and more problems.While i was affected by those problems too (still having the login-messages), i kind of got something different that influences my game performance a lot.(Did not find anything like that being posted here before...)

The problem:I have frame drops at certain points and situations, mostly in fractals, some in raids and - interestingly - nearly none at open world metas.

What happens:I join a fractal group and for example do 100 (or 100CM, no difference). Instance starts with ~120fps, coming down to a stable 40-60 fps regardless of what happens. Then the boss spawns. Frames drop to 17 or below. After about 10 seconds (sometimes even more) frames going up to the usual 40-60 fps being stable for the fight. No problems. Until the boss dies and the chest spawns. Again, 17 fps or below for a few seconds.

Examples:Fractal Shattered Obervatory (CM) at all 3 bosses spawn momentsFractal Snowblind - at the ice shard boss (second one) at entrance and leaving situationFractal Nightmare - all 3 bosses on spawn momentRaid Wing 1, Sabetha - the exact moment she points at the squad and fires the first fire beam at entering the platformRaid Wing 1, Gorse - the exact moment he moves forward and does the slam attack (knockback)[...] i think examples are enough now.

My spec:Windows 7, 64-bit16GB RAMGTX 1060Ryzen 1600XThe hardware doesnt seem to be the problem. The situations are way to specific and palawadan, tarir, ds, and other metas run nicely with 30+ fps even on full instances right in the middle of the squad. No probs there.

What changed:I had this strange problem about 2 years ago and thought it was my CPU. So i changed it and the problem went away... i thought. I just didnt use arcDps and did not realize that problems still persisted in the background. But the new ryzen was strong enough to keep fps always above 40. Never had frame drops again until sunday last week.

What did i do:1) I uninstalled my graphic cards driver. Reinstalled version 385, 388, 391, 421, 425 (one after another). None fixed the problem.2) I set the graphics accordingly to many guides and tips.Animation (medium), Antialasing (FXAA), Environment (Medium), LOD Distance (medium), Reflections (none), Textures (medium), Render Sampling (native), Shadows (none), Shaders (low), Post processing (low), Character model limit (lowest), Character Model Quality (High).Only set values for "Best Texture Filtering" and "Effect LOD". Tried turning off both, didnt help either.Frame limiter (unlimited).3) Used the graphic cards settings guide from this post here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/100330/realy-bad-fps4) Checked temperatures of all hardware components5) Checked load on all hardware components (15% at graphics card, 30% at cpu)6) Cleared %temp% folder7) Cleared Gw2 local.dat and such files

Now:The problem is back again. I cant help myself anymore not knowing what in hells name causes this. It was all fine for 1.5 years now and i dont know what changed or where the problem lies within...If anyone has an idea or can help pls tell me.I start thinking that it is not a local/user problem anymore...

Kind regardsCypher

I'm having similar intermittent framerate drop behavior in wvw, notably leaving blue spawn in Desert BL towards Crankshaft Depot and then near air keep whenever there is one of those little "updraft bounce boxes" with the air blowing out of it. Fights and everything else away from these couple of spots are super smooth, but fps cratered consistently at those spots. Today was first time ever having issues. Temp and load and everything else seemed fine.

@"theCypher.9406" said:Hello everyone,so i read about all those blurry BLTC color- , disconnect- , latency- and more problems.While i was affected by those problems too (still having the login-messages), i kind of got something different that influences my game performance a lot.(Did not find anything like that being posted here before...)

The problem:I have frame drops at certain points and situations, mostly in fractals, some in raids and - interestingly - nearly none at open world metas.

What happens:I join a fractal group and for example do 100 (or 100CM, no difference). Instance starts with ~120fps, coming down to a stable 40-60 fps regardless of what happens. Then the boss spawns. Frames drop to 17 or below. After about 10 seconds (sometimes even more) frames going up to the usual 40-60 fps being stable for the fight. No problems. Until the boss dies and the chest spawns. Again, 17 fps or below for a few seconds.

Examples:Fractal Shattered Obervatory (CM) at all 3 bosses spawn momentsFractal Snowblind - at the ice shard boss (second one) at entrance and leaving situationFractal Nightmare - all 3 bosses on spawn momentRaid Wing 1, Sabetha - the exact moment she points at the squad and fires the first fire beam at entering the platformRaid Wing 1, Gorse - the exact moment he moves forward and does the slam attack (knockback)[...] i think examples are enough now.

My spec:Windows 7, 64-bit16GB RAMGTX 1060Ryzen 1600XThe hardware doesnt seem to be the problem. The situations are way to specific and palawadan, tarir, ds, and other metas run nicely with 30+ fps even on full instances right in the middle of the squad. No probs there.

What changed:I had this strange problem about 2 years ago and thought it was my CPU. So i changed it and the problem went away... i thought. I just didnt use arcDps and did not realize that problems still persisted in the background. But the new ryzen was strong enough to keep fps always above 40. Never had frame drops again until sunday last week.

What did i do:1) I uninstalled my graphic cards driver. Reinstalled version 385, 388, 391, 421, 425 (one after another). None fixed the problem.2) I set the graphics accordingly to many guides and tips.Animation (medium), Antialasing (FXAA), Environment (Medium), LOD Distance (medium), Reflections (none), Textures (medium), Render Sampling (native), Shadows (none), Shaders (low), Post processing (low), Character model limit (lowest), Character Model Quality (High).Only set values for "Best Texture Filtering" and "Effect LOD". Tried turning off both, didnt help either.Frame limiter (unlimited).3) Used the graphic cards settings guide from this post here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/100330/realy-bad-fps4) Checked temperatures of all hardware components5) Checked load on all hardware components (15% at graphics card, 30% at cpu)6) Cleared %temp% folder7) Cleared Gw2 local.dat and such files

Now:The problem is back again. I cant help myself anymore not knowing what in hells name causes this. It was all fine for 1.5 years now and i dont know what changed or where the problem lies within...If anyone has an idea or can help pls tell me.I start thinking that it is not a local/user problem anymore...

Kind regardsCypher

You can give the d912pxy a go. The game will run in Direct X12. See how you go!

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/110553/want-to-use-directx-12-dx12-for-gw2-heres-a-guide-on-using-the-d912pxy-on-windows-10#latest