Reduce Healing of Healskills Buff Support skills

Reduce the every healskill in coefficents but not in cd (maybe buff some cd's even), but buff support Heals more, from druid, maybe slight buffs to tempest.This would reduce sustain overall sidenoders would not fight the whole day on 1 node, but would make supporter classes buff without beeing an bunker (maybe some supporters should than be looked at protection uptime (druid? tempest?)) just a suggestion for not having a oneshot meta but not a bunker meta too

@Tayga.3192 said:We don't want holy trinity (tank dps healer) in gw2 pls

No not holy trinity, just a lower in sustain, not big nerfs and buffs, just slightly that some things have more impact, I take ranger as example, I can resustain on core ranger with zerker without big problems, my normal heal, gives me 8k+ HP while druid heals can't scratch to 4k (maybe only glyph)

@Avatar.3568 said:

No not holy trinity, just a lower in sustain, not big nerfs and buffs, just slightly that some things have more impact, I take ranger as example, I can resustain on core ranger with zerker without big problems, my normal heal, gives me 8k+ HP while druid heals can't scratch to 4k (maybe only glyph)

Compare the time it takes for you to get the full healing value of of those heals and you would have a better comparison.

Every class has a strong healing skill and since anet reduced passive sustain and support skills- it seems as any build can have good sustain just by using their heal skill, which probably contributes to all these dps builds like holo, which runs around with near s tier resustain making it basically a 1v1 build as a roaming spec

@"Dantheman.3589" said:Every class has a strong healing skill and since anet reduced passive sustain and support skills- it seems as any build can have good sustain just by using their heal skill, which probably contributes to all these dps builds like holo, which runs around with near s tier resustain making it basically a 1v1 build as a roaming spec

play mirage and go tell me how much you can resustain with healing skill alone. where every ~30s you heal for 6k. Took bad 1 stray nade auto can take that much in 0,5s.The fact is, almost every class has shit ton of built in, easy to proc, consistent sustain. Be it gaining boons to heal as holo, losing heat to healing. Barriers and other shit.Healing skills alone dont mean jack, they can be rupted, poisoned and when you just look at healing skill they dont heal much.But when you go into a proper teamfight, and you have perma regeneration, you have necro that gives you leeching, you shit out boons and every boon heals you, you get barrier for landing EE, losing hit heals you. You can have water combo field to heal up from elite then suddenly all of those "small" heals combined do most of the healing, while healing skill itself doesnt do all that much.

@Avatar.3568 said:Reduce the every healskill in coefficents but not in cd (maybe buff some cd's even), but buff support Heals more, from druid, maybe slight buffs to tempest.This would reduce sustain overall sidenoders would not fight the whole day on 1 node, but would make supporter classes buff without beeing an bunker (maybe some supporters should than be looked at protection uptime (druid? tempest?)) just a suggestion for not having a oneshot meta but not a bunker meta too

This is a terrible idea.

What you are requesting is already happening. Supports are currently very overpowered, whereas non-supports just plainly struggle with their personal sustain values.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Dantheman.3589" said:Every class has a strong healing skill and since anet reduced passive sustain and support skills- it seems as any build can have good sustain just by using their heal skill, which probably contributes to all these dps builds like holo, which runs around with near s tier resustain making it basically a 1v1 build as a roaming spec

play mirage and go tell me how much you can resustain with healing skill alone. where every ~30s you heal for 6k. Took bad 1 stray nade auto can take that much in 0,5s.The fact is, almost every class has kitten ton of built in, easy to proc, consistent sustain. Be it gaining boons to heal as holo, losing heat to healing. Barriers and other kitten.Healing skills alone dont mean jack, they can be rupted, poisoned and when you just look at healing skill they dont heal much.But when you go into a proper teamfight, and you have perma regeneration, you have necro that gives you leeching, you kitten out boons and every boon heals you, you get barrier for landing EE, losing hit heals you. You can have water combo field to heal up from elite then suddenly all of those "small" heals combined do most of the healing, while healing skill itself doesnt do all that much.

I disagree. We are at a point where burst healing skills are worth taking over passive ones even on bunker - like for engi and ranger. The boons are also part of why to take this. Also u won’t get much barrier from scourge without the heal skill. Heal skills are huge source of sustain rn on most every meta build

@"Dantheman.3589" I never said healing skills are weak.I repeat, play mirage. A class that ACTUALLY heals with ONLY healing skill. And see how it looks like.How it plays without all the passive bullshit heals ticking in the background.I dont know what rangers run exactly, but what I know is that every dodge gives them 2s protection. I also know that they get healing for ~155/s when they have prot.And since they have vigor and extra endurance regen + energy sigils they at the very least have 50% uptime on protection. Following that logic its about ~78hp/sIt adds up.You know what also adds up? Regeneration that they gain from commands. 520hp worth of healing every time.Add in 3,4k hp barrier from protect me and healing skill doesnt even do half the "healing" for ranger.

EDIT.and its all classes like that. Shit ton of healing just shoved it.power rev as exampleskills that expand energy heal for 333 every 5sconsume skills heal for 355, you have like what. 5 of them ?2 healing skills, one of them gives pulsing regen that persists for what? 9s? thats another ~1,2k healing.It all adds up. And I didnt even mention how much the healing skills themselves do, just "small" packets of healing that work in the background.Also staff heals, forgot about that one :D

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"Dantheman.3589" I never said healing skills are weak.I repeat, play mirage. A class that ACTUALLY heals with ONLY healing skill. And see how it looks like.How it plays without all the passive kitten heals ticking in the background.I dont know what rangers run exactly, but what I know is that every dodge gives them 2s protection. I also know that they get healing for ~155/s when they have prot.And since they have vigor and extra endurance regen + energy sigils they at the very least have 50% uptime on protection. Following that logic its about ~78hp/sIt adds up.You know what also adds up? Regeneration that they gain from commands. 520hp worth of healing every time.Add in 3,4k hp barrier from protect me and healing skill doesnt even do half the "healing" for ranger.

The protection on core ranger is actually incredibly short duration and the regen isn’t perma either. These are also usually instantly lost when a thief pluses them. These things are really going to add up if you use the we heal as one though. as such troll ungent if taken is usually at least half their healing and also we heal as one usually ends up Also as about half there sustain. If your on an amulet without healing the heal skill ends up as like 2/3 their healing tbh

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Dantheman.3589 I never said healing skills are weak.I repeat, play mirage. A class that ACTUALLY heals with ONLY healing skill. And see how it looks like.How it plays without all the passive kitten heals ticking in the background.I dont know what rangers run exactly, but what I know is that every dodge gives them 2s protection. I also know that they get healing for ~155/s when they have prot.And since they have vigor and extra endurance regen + energy sigils they at the very least have 50% uptime on protection. Following that logic its about ~78hp/sIt adds up.You know what also adds up? Regeneration that they gain from commands. 520hp worth of healing every time.Add in 3,4k hp barrier from protect me and healing skill doesnt even do half the "healing" for ranger.

The protection on core ranger is actually incredibly short duration and the regen isn’t perma either. These are also usually instantly lost when a thief pluses them. These things are really going to add up if you use the we heal as one though. as such troll ungent if taken is usually at least half their healing and also we heal as one usually ends up Also as about half there sustain. If your on an amulet without healing the heal skill ends up as like 2/3 their healing tbh

even through I disagree with how much healing you get out of all the passive stuff, especially if you add in protect me ( 3,4k barrier )they make a world of difference.simply put lets say that in 30s you take 15k dmg while having 20k hp.healing skill heals for 8k. and you end up with 13k/20k hp.another scenarion.30s, you take 15k, you have 20k max hp.8k from healing skill, protect me for 3k, and passive healing for 1,5k. now you have 17,5k/20kso instead of being at 65% hp you end up being and comfortable 87.5% hp and you are missing 12,5% hp instead of 35%.the more healing you have the bigger difference it makes, It makes you survive longer, to let your other healing skills come off cd to heal you yet again. and as everything it snowballs hard, to the point where nobody dies in 1v1, other then meme build fighting one another.It REALLY reminds me first weeks of feb patch.I watched naru 1v1 someone on holo, mirror builds. ( they used to run mortar kit back then )I tuned out of the duel since after 4-5min of fighting nobody died. Those were build with fucking berserker amulet, that could not really kill eachother.Those were builds with 20-25might on berk amulet, that stalemate for minutes on end, and "losing" means doing los for ~5s to heal back up.

@Avatar.3568 said:Reduce the every healskill in coefficents but not in cd (maybe buff some cd's even), but buff support Heals more, from druid, maybe slight buffs to tempest.This would reduce sustain overall sidenoders would not fight the whole day on 1 node, but would make supporter classes buff without beeing an bunker (maybe some supporters should than be looked at protection uptime (druid? tempest?)) just a suggestion for not having a oneshot meta but not a bunker meta tooWhenever I fight scrapper + tempest teams it's already impossible to kill anyone. No thank you.Please ALL res utils and passives, though.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"Dantheman.3589" I never said healing skills are weak.I repeat, play mirage. A class that ACTUALLY heals with ONLY healing skill. And see how it looks like.How it plays without all the passive kitten heals ticking in the background.I dont know what rangers run exactly, but what I know is that every dodge gives them 2s protection. I also know that they get healing for ~155/s when they have prot.And since they have vigor and extra endurance regen + energy sigils they at the very least have 50% uptime on protection. Following that logic its about ~78hp/sIt adds up.You know what also adds up? Regeneration that they gain from commands. 520hp worth of healing every time.Add in 3,4k hp barrier from protect me and healing skill doesnt even do half the "healing" for ranger.

EDIT.and its all classes like that. kitten ton of healing just shoved it.power rev as exampleskills that expand energy heal for 333 every 5sconsume skills heal for 355, you have like what. 5 of them ?2 healing skills, one of them gives pulsing regen that persists for what? 9s? thats another ~1,2k healing.It all adds up. And I didnt even mention how much the healing skills themselves do, just "small" packets of healing that work in the background.Also staff heals, forgot about that one :D

Yes, there is too much random healing in this game. Your only sustain should come from utilities, weapon skills, f1 skills and your healing skill. There should beabsolutely zero passive/trait healing abilities in the game.

Scrappers literally run zerker amulet and are invincible, it's disgusting.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Avatar.3568 said:Reduce the every healskill in coefficents but not in cd (maybe buff some cd's even), but buff support Heals more, from druid, maybe slight buffs to tempest.This would reduce sustain overall sidenoders would not fight the whole day on 1 node, but would make supporter classes buff without beeing an bunker (maybe some supporters should than be looked at protection uptime (druid? tempest?)) just a suggestion for not having a oneshot meta but not a bunker meta tooWhenever I fight scrapper + tempest teams it's already impossible to kill anyone. No thank you.Please ALL res utils and passives, though.

EDIT.and its all classes like that. kitten ton of healing just shoved it.power rev as exampleskills that expand energy heal for 333 every 5sconsume skills heal for 355, you have like what. 5 of them ?2 healing skills, one of them gives pulsing regen that persists for what? 9s? thats another ~1,2k healing.It all adds up. And I didnt even mention how much the healing skills themselves do, just "small" packets of healing that work in the background.Also staff heals, forgot about that one :D

Yes, there is too much random healing in this game. Your only sustain should come from utilities, weapon skills, f1 skills and your healing skill. There should beabsolutely zero passive/trait healing abilities in the game.

So you want the game to be person with the best burst direct damage wins all the time?

No thank you.

Healing is the least of GW2's pvp problems current.

It already exists in GW2, just in a bastardized version, which is why they can't figure out balance. Even the armor weights are based on the trinity, which is also making balance that much harder to maintain. So we kind of only have 2 routes to go, make all skills self only or go all in and restore the trinity. Until then, we are stuck in limbo.

@Ubi.4136 said:

It already exists in GW2, just in a bastardized version, which is why they can't figure out balance. Even the armor weights are based on the trinity, which is also making balance that much harder to maintain. So we kind of only have 2 routes to go, make all skills self only or go all in and restore the trinity. Until then, we are stuck in limbo.

You are actually correct.

Ill be honest - I would be in favor of a trinity since its far easier to balance then this bastardized version we have now.

@Azreell.1568 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

Ill be honest - I would be in favor of a trinity since its far easier to balance then this bastardized version we have now.

Or they remove elite specs completely from pvp

@Azreell.1568 said:

So you want the game to be person with the best burst direct damage wins all the time?

No thank you.

Healing is the least of GW2's pvp problems current.

Yes, healing does not belong in GW2. WoW PvP is utter trash due to invincible healers who make everyone else invincible. Keep that out of this game.

@Azreell.1568 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

The trinity is better for PVE rather than PvP, for more defined roles of specs for group content. WoW's pvp is a example of this, and why it feels like utter garbage to play. You're basically hitting a regenerating wall unless you're one of the good classes like mage or warlock that have stupid damage to kill healers. Factor in GW2 action combat and baseline dodges, a traditional trinity will only push it further into the territory of snooze fest . Not only that you'd also cement healers being a requirement for winning anything, Which kinda sounds like a replay of HoT bunker meta but worse.

We do not need heal trait buffs at all.Alot of heal traits right now already outright overshadow actual healing skills.

What we really need right now is for healing skills to be actually worth using again, because right now there are so many healing skills which are so bad because their base healing is bad and their coefficients after the nerf made it worse.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

The trinity is better for PVE rather than PvP, for more defined roles of specs for group content. WoW's pvp is a example of this, and why it feels like utter garbage to play. You're basically hitting a regenerating wall unless you're one of the good classes like mage or warlock that have stupid damage to kill healers. Factor in GW2 action combat and baseline dodges, a traditional trinity will only push it further into the territory of snooze fest . Not only that you'd also cement healers being a requirement for winning anything, Which kinda sounds like a replay of HoT bunker meta but worse.

While that may be your opinion ~ lets examine a more realistic viewpoint.

Wows arena is an actual competitive and supported esport

Wow pvp community is staggeringly larger then gw2s pvp community. They have and always had a much larger, and active pvp community.

Wows arena has continued to have actual updates which tend to give better balance results.

This is from a trinity game style.

Whether you like to admit it or not ~ GW2 has had a loose bastardized trinity and has always had one.

That is a large reason why this game and mode has been impossible to balance as we have seen.

Move closer to the trinity and watch balance improve - move further and you continue to get what we see now.