Which characters would you like to travel with to Cantha?

Brycar.2651

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canach - top choice.Sayida the Sly, she can take us there in her airship.Or Captain Hao Luen, he is on the captain’s council, of Canthan decent and helped restart the lunar new year festival. We could sail there with him.Lady Kasmeer Meade, as Kryta’s ambassador.Marjory Delaqua, she’s of Canthan decent.A Tengu such as Swift Arrow who is the hero challenge at the giant gate to Dominion of Winds. Or the minor guard Hayato at the same gate who gives us the dialog.An Asuran pirate like the ones from Sharon’s Free Camp in Cursed Shores. Three of them, Pixi (hero challenge), Proxinn and Gallo (a Whispers secret agent.)Or First Mate Fidus Foecrush, the Charr who piloted the airship which took us to Amoon.

You can see I’ve thought a lot about getting there and the transport character staying with us.

Marjory for sure, since she's of Canthan descent. By extension, Kasmeer - who can join in as advocate of the crown like with Elona, if for no other reason.I think this will be a good time for Fuji Shadowbane to play a role, as our iconic tengu character. He has an in by being a member of the Vigil, like Jhavi and Laranthir.

TBH, I wouldn't mind seeing the entire main cast (all of Destiny's Edge and Dragon's Watch + Gorrik and Zafirah) joining in, but I think this largely depends on what the plot will be.

I could see Zaiem, Zafirah, and/or Sayida from Elona returning, as an Elonian contingency / diplomatic envoy (Sayida playing ferryman for Zaiem and/or Zafirah), as a means to bring them into the spotlight again and give players a post-S4 "what's been happening in Elona" lore. Rox could also fill this role, since she's seemingly joined the Olmakhan - Rox would also add to the non-human cast over the other three.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Marjory for sure, since she's of Canthan descent. By extension, Kasmeer - who can join in as advocate of the crown like with Elona, if for no other reason.I think this will be a good time for Fuji Shadowbane to play a role, as our iconic tengu character. He has an in by being a member of the Vigil, like Jhavi and Laranthir.

TBH, I wouldn't mind seeing the entire main cast (all of Destiny's Edge and Dragon's Watch + Gorrik and Zafirah) joining in, but I think this largely depends on what the plot will be.

I could see Zaiem, Zafirah, and/or Sayida from Elona returning, as an Elonian contingency / diplomatic envoy (Sayida playing ferryman for Zaiem and/or Zafirah), as a means to bring them into the spotlight again and give players a post-S4 "what's been happening in Elona" lore. Rox could also fill this role, since she's seemingly joined the Olmakhan - Rox would also add to the non-human cast over the other three.

Yes ! Great idea with Fuji!

Characters I'd like to see more of?

• Canach
  • Sayida
  • Riel Darkwater
  • Shadows Agent Kito
  • Ogden
  • Anise
  • Taimi
  • Dawkkurra

Reasons:

Canach, Sayida and Ogden are cool characters, with a nice amount of incidental laughs due to how to the point they can be.

Riel and Kito make some sense as the Orders of Whispers and Shadows would both jump at the chance to get involved with gathering intel from Cantha and infiltrating whatever their version of the same Order would be. Also, ANet have yet to actually do anything about having these 2 Orders interact after mentioning that they split into 2 sects due to differences. As far as Riel vs Kito (As opposed to Kossan), well, Riel as the Master of Whispers hides her true identity within the Order so can go onto assignments like any other Agent. Kito vs Kossan because Kito is the one who's with us throughout most of PoF and Kossan so far has been a mostly lame character who's just been like "Koss is grandpappy!!!!!" for much of his screen time...

Anise because she's a cool mesmer who isn't annoying af. Ideally, I'd love to see more of Queen Jennah being a total boss, but I think it might be harder to justify her travelling to Cantha as opposed to Anise (Who should likely have less to deal with in the Krytan capital after the events of Lake Doric and the dismantling of the White Mantle and affirmation that Jennah is actually looking out for the citizens what with that vocal minister complaining about her abusing her power was cut short by Jennah needing to put up that barrier to stop everyone getting smooshed by cannonfire...)

Taimi and Dawkkurra because they're adorable characters :3 (Well, pre-S4 Taimi before she was all about "I'm dying!" and "I'm FINE!"... Ideally S2 Taimi where she was all sassy and adorable i.e. Kas: "What is this place?" Taimi: "It's a caave~")

There are other characters I'd love to go to Cantha with. But they're all dead so...

Characters I'd like to bring because they're resourceful and it makes some sense.

• Canach (like his personality)
  • Marjory (to return to the country of birth, and that includes Kasmeer to tag along)
  • Taimi (I guess, for her continued research into dragons plus Asura have probably not yet set foot in Cantha. Only want her along in limited capacity, done with "ingenious discoveries" always leading to the next move)
  • Rox (to replace Rytlock who should really end up by joining Crecia again and stay in the Black Citadel this time)
  • Braham (who ideally dies facing Jormag, and then we can rather take some other Norn with us :P)
  • Sayida (for transport by airship, why take the dangerous seaways when you can fly across)
  • Kito (if the Order of Shadows want to establish themselves in Cantha, Order of Whispers are probably already there and don't need anyone to tag along)
  • Izu Steelshrike (or Fuji Shadowblade as mentioned - anyhow, I'm thinking a return to Canthan shores calls for a Tengu storyline - maybe conjure up some descendant of Silverwing or Honorclaw from last time we saw them 250+ years ago)

@sitarskee.5738 said:I really hope we're going there alone and meet new characters. Or ressurect Tybalt.

Yes, I’ve thought that too. Maybe we get a special assignment from the queen or the Commander just says “I am exhausted and want to travel the world alone to clear my head.”

On Tybalt I would love for him to be a Revenant Elite.

Jory and Kas absolutely for the reasons others have stated here and I need not repeat at this point.

I'd also like to see Livia make a return and join the main cast for a while since she was part of the Gw1 hero group that could have been perosnally involved in the Winds of Change story so she might have potentially been to Cantha and worked along side the Ministry of Purity over 200 years ago and was alive on Tyria over those centuries as well and could have potentially traveled to Cantha on numerous occasions.So she might be privy to some knowledge about Cantha and it's history that Tyrians failed to record due to ignorance.She's a devout servant of Queen Salma's bloodline and the Shining Blade having long served multiple monarchs over her long life and we do know that Cantha and Kryta maintained relations until they were forcefully cut off by Zhaitan.So she could have been part of multiple royal visits or diplomatic missions to Cantha that we've never even heard about.Basically Livia could be a useful character to provide backstory on Cantha due to her position her age and potential knowledge.. plus she's a cool character ^^

Rytlock, obviously just because so many of us love him.. plus I really want to see how he deals with potential racism.I'll laugh my *** off if he ends up being referred to as our "pet" I can only imagine how funny his response would be to that.

Caithe, I expect Aurine might have to take a back seat at least from start of the expansion story just because of how bad it will look if a mixed race band of heavily armed heroes show up in Cantha with an Elder Dragon in tow..Caithe would be Aurines eyes and ears for this part of the story and also serve as our direct conenction to her as well so we could still talk to her and get her advice when we need it.

There are others i'd also like to see but to avoid writing a stupid long essay of who and why, Those are going to have to be my top picks :)

@Brycar.2651 said:

@sitarskee.5738 said:I really hope we're going there alone and meet new characters. Or ressurect Tybalt.

Yes, I’ve thought that too. Maybe we get a special assignment from the queen or the Commander just says “I am exhausted and want to travel the world alone to clear my head.”

On Tybalt I would love for him to be a Revenant Elite.

I see it a little bit like this: we, the commander, somehow got kidnapped and taken to Cantha to meet some important guy who gives us this quest to help him solve some problem. In reward, he's going to spare our life and then at the end join us in fight with another dragon (which hopefully happens in Living World after expansion because I really want a non-dragon related expac).

@"Teratus.2859" said:Jory and Kas absolutely for the reasons others have stated here and I need not repeat at this point.

I'd also like to see Livia make a return and join the main cast for a while since she was part of the Gw1 hero group that could have been perosnally involved in the Winds of Change story so she might have potentially been to Cantha and worked along side the Ministry of Purity over 200 years ago and was alive on Tyria over those centuries as well and could have potentially traveled to Cantha on numerous occasions.So she might be privy to some knowledge about Cantha and it's history that Tyrians failed to record due to ignorance.She's a devout servant of Queen Salma's bloodline and the Shining Blade having long served multiple monarchs over her long life and we do know that Cantha and Kryta maintained relations until they were forcefully cut off by Zhaitan.So she could have been part of multiple royal visits or diplomatic missions to Cantha that we've never even heard about.Basically Livia could be a useful character to provide backstory on Cantha due to her position her age and potential knowledge.. plus she's a cool character ^^

Rytlock, obviously just because so many of us love him.. plus I really want to see how he deals with potential racism.I'll laugh my *** off if he ends up being referred to as our "pet" I can only imagine how funny his response would be to that.

Caithe, I expect Aurine might have to take a back seat at least from start of the expansion story just because of how bad it will look if a mixed race band of heavily armed heroes show up in Cantha with an Elder Dragon in tow..Caithe would be Aurines eyes and ears for this part of the story and also serve as our direct conenction to her as well so we could still talk to her and get her advice when we need it.

There are others i'd also like to see but to avoid writing a stupid long essay of who and why, Those are going to have to be my top picks :)

Yes, Livia! Great idea. I didn’t play GW1 so I enjoyed the insight.

@Brycar.2651 said:

@"Teratus.2859" said:Jory and Kas absolutely for the reasons others have stated here and I need not repeat at this point.

Yes, Livia! Great idea. I didn’t play GW1 so I enjoyed the insight.

^^ It's a great game, still is and still worth playing if you ever feel like picking it up sometime.A cool little detail about Livia in Gw2 is that she uses a Hex spell, Hex's were a skill type in Gw1 that never made it into Gw2.Mesmers and Necros were the biggest users of them overall with the most available Hex skills but they were also used by Monks, Ritualists, Elementalists and Assassins too.

What's interesting is that the Hex skill Livia uses in Gw2 is actually a Mesmer Hex spell from Gw1 which is another fun throwback to Gw1 because Livia is a Necromancer ^^In Gw1 we could have a second profession allowing us to duel class but that feature got cut for Gw2.Having Livia being able to use a Mesmer Hex does suggest that even after 250 years she is still a duel classed Necro/Mesmer ^^

Marjory. She hasn't gotten enough play, and her character could benefit from it. Alone. No need for Rytlock to follow along whining at us, Brahm is gonna have to stay behind to help the Norn, Taimi . . will still be in our ear, probably (unless plot). Kas can stay home, or not. The hastily-cobbled relationship needs to stay in the background unless it gets some real development.

I'd like to see some newer cast, really. cough Tengu cough. PLAYABLE cough.