Which characters would you like to travel with to Cantha? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Which characters would you like to travel with to Cantha?

Brycar.2651Brycar.2651 Member ✭✭✭
edited August 13, 2020 in Living World

This is not a thread to tells how much you hate (fill in the blank.)

Which characters do you want to see more? Who do you hope is in your troupe traveling around Cantha?

(Edit) I originally asked “living story character” but could be any character we have met.

<1

Comments

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭✭

Marjory, Braham, Canach, Rytlock and maybe Crecia.

You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you.
    Remaster confirmed! Umbasa!

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd love to go there with pre-LS5 Rytlock and Canach.
    As for the Asuran plot device, I'd like to take Gorrik.

• Brycar.2651Brycar.2651 Member ✭✭✭

Canach - top choice.
    Sayida the Sly, she can take us there in her airship.
    Or Captain Hao Luen, he is on the captain’s council, of Canthan decent and helped restart the lunar new year festival. We could sail there with him.
    Lady Kasmeer Meade, as Kryta’s ambassador.
    Marjory Delaqua, she’s of Canthan decent.
    A Tengu such as Swift Arrow who is the hero challenge at the giant gate to Dominion of Winds. Or the minor guard Hayato at the same gate who gives us the dialog.
    An Asuran pirate like the ones from Sharon’s Free Camp in Cursed Shores. Three of them, Pixi (hero challenge), Proxinn and Gallo (a Whispers secret agent.)
    Or First Mate Fidus Foecrush, the Charr who piloted the airship which took us to Amoon.

You can see I’ve thought a lot about getting there and the transport character staying with us.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    Marjory for sure, since she's of Canthan descent. By extension, Kasmeer - who can join in as advocate of the crown like with Elona, if for no other reason.
    I think this will be a good time for Fuji Shadowbane to play a role, as our iconic tengu character. He has an in by being a member of the Vigil, like Jhavi and Laranthir.

TBH, I wouldn't mind seeing the entire main cast (all of Destiny's Edge and Dragon's Watch + Gorrik and Zafirah) joining in, but I think this largely depends on what the plot will be.

I could see Zaiem, Zafirah, and/or Sayida from Elona returning, as an Elonian contingency / diplomatic envoy (Sayida playing ferryman for Zaiem and/or Zafirah), as a means to bring them into the spotlight again and give players a post-S4 "what's been happening in Elona" lore. Rox could also fill this role, since she's seemingly joined the Olmakhan - Rox would also add to the non-human cast over the other three.

Yes ! Great idea with Fuji!

• Taril.8619Taril.8619 Member ✭✭✭

Characters I'd like to see more of?

• Canach
    • Sayida
    • Riel Darkwater
    • Shadows Agent Kito
    • Ogden
    • Anise
    • Taimi
    • Dawkkurra

Reasons:

Canach, Sayida and Ogden are cool characters, with a nice amount of incidental laughs due to how to the point they can be.

Riel and Kito make some sense as the Orders of Whispers and Shadows would both jump at the chance to get involved with gathering intel from Cantha and infiltrating whatever their version of the same Order would be. Also, ANet have yet to actually do anything about having these 2 Orders interact after mentioning that they split into 2 sects due to differences. As far as Riel vs Kito (As opposed to Kossan), well, Riel as the Master of Whispers hides her true identity within the Order so can go onto assignments like any other Agent. Kito vs Kossan because Kito is the one who's with us throughout most of PoF and Kossan so far has been a mostly lame character who's just been like "Koss is grandpappy!!!!!" for much of his screen time...

Anise because she's a cool mesmer who isn't annoying af. Ideally, I'd love to see more of Queen Jennah being a total boss, but I think it might be harder to justify her travelling to Cantha as opposed to Anise (Who should likely have less to deal with in the Krytan capital after the events of Lake Doric and the dismantling of the White Mantle and affirmation that Jennah is actually looking out for the citizens what with that vocal minister complaining about her abusing her power was cut short by Jennah needing to put up that barrier to stop everyone getting smooshed by cannonfire...)

Taimi and Dawkkurra because they're adorable characters :3 (Well, pre-S4 Taimi before she was all about "I'm dying!" and "I'm FINE!"... Ideally S2 Taimi where she was all sassy and adorable i.e. Kas: "What is this place?" Taimi: "It's a caave~")

There are other characters I'd love to go to Cantha with. But they're all dead so...

Cat: Meow.

• Dondarrion.2748Dondarrion.2748 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2020

Characters I'd like to bring because they're resourceful and it makes some sense.

• Canach (like his personality)
    • Marjory (to return to the country of birth, and that includes Kasmeer to tag along)
    • Taimi (I guess, for her continued research into dragons plus Asura have probably not yet set foot in Cantha. Only want her along in limited capacity, done with "ingenious discoveries" always leading to the next move)
    • Rox (to replace Rytlock who should really end up by joining Crecia again and stay in the Black Citadel this time)
    • Braham (who ideally dies facing Jormag, and then we can rather take some other Norn with us :P)
    • Sayida (for transport by airship, why take the dangerous seaways when you can fly across)
    • Kito (if the Order of Shadows want to establish themselves in Cantha, Order of Whispers are probably already there and don't need anyone to tag along)
    • Izu Steelshrike (or Fuji Shadowblade as mentioned - anyhow, I'm thinking a return to Canthan shores calls for a Tengu storyline - maybe conjure up some descendant of Silverwing or Honorclaw from last time we saw them 250+ years ago)

Haze Sterrion (Grd), Shadow of Gahaz (Mes), Bondsmith Yharnam (Eng), Oni Wintertalon (Rev)
    Northerner @ Dragon Season (DS)
    Seafarer's Rest since launch!

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

Perhaps Marjory, but the rest can stay home and work from there.

• Tukaram.8256Tukaram.8256 Member ✭✭✭

I just want to go there with my Heroes from GW.
    When I clicked the thread I thought you were asking which of my characters, not lore characters ha ha. I care nothing for the lore, and do not care who is there. I really like the new season with no voices in the way.

@aspirine.6852 said:

Very in spirit with the ongoing situation in the world xD

Haze Sterrion (Grd), Shadow of Gahaz (Mes), Bondsmith Yharnam (Eng), Oni Wintertalon (Rev)

@Dondarrion.2748 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

Taimi can keep phoning it in.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

Definitely Marjory, and then anyone but Rytlock.

• sitarskee.5738sitarskee.5738 Member ✭✭✭

I really hope we're going there alone and meet new characters. Or ressurect Tybalt.

@sitarskee.5738 said:
    I really hope we're going there alone and meet new characters. Or ressurect Tybalt.

Yes, I’ve thought that too. Maybe we get a special assignment from the queen or the Commander just says “I am exhausted and want to travel the world alone to clear my head.”

On Tybalt I would love for him to be a Revenant Elite.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2020

Jory and Kas absolutely for the reasons others have stated here and I need not repeat at this point.

I'd also like to see Livia make a return and join the main cast for a while since she was part of the Gw1 hero group that could have been perosnally involved in the Winds of Change story so she might have potentially been to Cantha and worked along side the Ministry of Purity over 200 years ago and was alive on Tyria over those centuries as well and could have potentially traveled to Cantha on numerous occasions.
    So she might be privy to some knowledge about Cantha and it's history that Tyrians failed to record due to ignorance.
    She's a devout servant of Queen Salma's bloodline and the Shining Blade having long served multiple monarchs over her long life and we do know that Cantha and Kryta maintained relations until they were forcefully cut off by Zhaitan.
    So she could have been part of multiple royal visits or diplomatic missions to Cantha that we've never even heard about.
    Basically Livia could be a useful character to provide backstory on Cantha due to her position her age and potential knowledge.. plus she's a cool character ^^

Rytlock, obviously just because so many of us love him.. plus I really want to see how he deals with potential racism.
    I'll laugh my *** off if he ends up being referred to as our "pet" I can only imagine how funny his response would be to that.

Caithe, I expect Aurine might have to take a back seat at least from start of the expansion story just because of how bad it will look if a mixed race band of heavily armed heroes show up in Cantha with an Elder Dragon in tow..
    Caithe would be Aurines eyes and ears for this part of the story and also serve as our direct conenction to her as well so we could still talk to her and get her advice when we need it.

There are others i'd also like to see but to avoid writing a stupid long essay of who and why, Those are going to have to be my top picks :)

• sitarskee.5738sitarskee.5738 Member ✭✭✭

@Brycar.2651 said:

@sitarskee.5738 said:

Yes, I’ve thought that too. Maybe we get a special assignment from the queen or the Commander just says “I am exhausted and want to travel the world alone to clear my head.”

On Tybalt I would love for him to be a Revenant Elite.

I see it a little bit like this: we, the commander, somehow got kidnapped and taken to Cantha to meet some important guy who gives us this quest to help him solve some problem. In reward, he's going to spare our life and then at the end join us in fight with another dragon (which hopefully happens in Living World after expansion because I really want a non-dragon related expac).

• Sajuuk Khar.1509Sajuuk Khar.1509 Member ✭✭✭✭

Kas and Marj for sure, beyond that, I don't mind who else goes.

@Teratus.2859 said:
    Jory and Kas absolutely for the reasons others have stated here and I need not repeat at this point.

I'd also like to see Livia make a return and join the main cast for a while since she was part of the Gw1 hero group that could have been perosnally involved in the Winds of Change story so she might have potentially been to Cantha and worked along side the Ministry of Purity over 200 years ago and was alive on Tyria over those centuries as well and could have potentially traveled to Cantha on numerous occasions.
    So she might be privy to some knowledge about Cantha and it's history that Tyrians failed to record due to ignorance.
    She's a devout servant of Queen Salma's bloodline and the Shining Blade having long served multiple monarchs over her long life and we do know that Cantha and Kryta maintained relations until they were forcefully cut off by Zhaitan.
    So she could have been part of multiple royal visits or diplomatic missions to Cantha that we've never even heard about.
    Basically Livia could be a useful character to provide backstory on Cantha due to her position her age and potential knowledge.. plus she's a cool character ^^

Rytlock, obviously just because so many of us love him.. plus I really want to see how he deals with potential racism.
    I'll laugh my *** off if he ends up being referred to as our "pet" I can only imagine how funny his response would be to that.

Caithe, I expect Aurine might have to take a back seat at least from start of the expansion story just because of how bad it will look if a mixed race band of heavily armed heroes show up in Cantha with an Elder Dragon in tow..
    Caithe would be Aurines eyes and ears for this part of the story and also serve as our direct conenction to her as well so we could still talk to her and get her advice when we need it.

There are others i'd also like to see but to avoid writing a stupid long essay of who and why, Those are going to have to be my top picks :)

Yes, Livia! Great idea. I didn’t play GW1 so I enjoyed the insight.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Brycar.2651 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

Yes, Livia! Great idea. I didn’t play GW1 so I enjoyed the insight.

^^ It's a great game, still is and still worth playing if you ever feel like picking it up sometime.
    A cool little detail about Livia in Gw2 is that she uses a Hex spell, Hex's were a skill type in Gw1 that never made it into Gw2.
    Mesmers and Necros were the biggest users of them overall with the most available Hex skills but they were also used by Monks, Ritualists, Elementalists and Assassins too.

What's interesting is that the Hex skill Livia uses in Gw2 is actually a Mesmer Hex spell from Gw1 which is another fun throwback to Gw1 because Livia is a Necromancer ^^
    In Gw1 we could have a second profession allowing us to duel class but that feature got cut for Gw2.
    Having Livia being able to use a Mesmer Hex does suggest that even after 250 years she is still a duel classed Necro/Mesmer ^^

@Brycar.2651 said:

@Dondarrion.2748 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

Taimi can keep phoning it in.

I heard she's busy developing new video meeting software...

"Taims"

ok, getting my coat now

• Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

The old version of Canach and a (somehow) revived and matured Ceara (after all she was a plant, so there could be a way to regrow/propagate her).

But I think the time of the old characters has ended and we should meet new ones.

https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

Marjory. She hasn't gotten enough play, and her character could benefit from it. Alone. No need for Rytlock to follow along whining at us, Brahm is gonna have to stay behind to help the Norn, Taimi . . will still be in our ear, probably (unless plot). Kas can stay home, or not. The hastily-cobbled relationship needs to stay in the background unless it gets some real development.

I'd like to see some newer cast, really. cough Tengu cough. PLAYABLE cough.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

@Zok.4956 said:
    The old version of Canach and a (somehow) revived and matured Ceara (after all she was a plant, so there could be a way to regrow/propagate her).

But I think the time of the old characters has ended and we should meet new ones.

She is Groot

• Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

@sitarskee.5738 said:
    Or ressurect Tybalt.

Why? You're craving apples?

• I'd love to go adventuring with Eir aga... oh wait. :(
    Taimi is always a must and Canach. And Jory and Kas.

• Revolution.5409Revolution.5409 Member ✭✭✭

Livia would be ideal as a character to introduce us to Cantha.

• New character. I have seen enough of braham taimi and others. Cantha would be frest if we have new heroes.

• Canach, Rytlock, Kasmeer, I fondly remember their dialogue from PoF. Each of them on their own is fine, but as a trio? Fun times!
    Marjory, because I like her voice.
    Someone mentioned Riel - and I really would like to have more interaction with her as well.
    Gorrik, just imagine his reaction to new beetles
    Sayida just imagine her reaction to the cynical sass squad in line one
    Anise or Livia would be nice to have some interactions with, but they don't have to go to Cantha

Taimi can stay whereever she is. Maybe with Braham. They could stay with Rox. That would be fine.

• Rytlock, cloned a hundred times, then taking over Cantha.

• Dante.1508Dante.1508 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2020

Taimi its always taimi, so sick of Taimi being left out... Jory makes the most sense lore wise.. Ogden would make sense as well. #Bringbackdwarves

Please no more Rytlock, Rox or most definitely Braham they are all horrible to listen to and painful to deal with, the rest are pleasant enough.

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

Aurene. Maybe Caithe or Rytlock. I hate everyone else except Taimi, but we had a lot of Taimi. She was technically the "commander" from season 2 all the way till season 4 (including both expansions).

• Bast.7253Bast.7253 Member ✭✭✭✭

Is there even anyone left besides Braham and Rhytlock and the occasional appearance of Marjory and Kas?

If I had to choose it would be Aurene, Canach, Taimi, Anise, and Faren. Oh, and that random Norn in HoT whose partner was eaten by a Vinetooth because the poor guy needs to move on with his life. I don't really mind Rhytlock either, just leave Braham and Caithe out of the picture. Both of them seem to always manage to make the story completely about them. And Marjory and Kas are either too cutesy together or bickering which doesn't really add anything to the story. :expressionless:

I'd have to imagine Canach will be there though. Just think of all of the shady things he could get into in Kaening.

edited September 7, 2020

@Bast.7253 said:

Canach
    Just think of all of the shady things he could get into in Kaening.

I prefer to think about all his snarky remarks that contribute to the story and his lover quarrels with Cuddles.

• As long as we can throw Braham midair during the journey, I don't care. The rest of the cast are quite cool. Marjory and Kasmeer (love that couple), Taimi and Canach are my personal favourites.

• Canach and Marjory. Maybe Taimi but only if we're taking her there for her funeral.

edited September 11, 2020

@sitarskee.5738 said:
    Canach and Marjory. Maybe Taimi but only if we're taking her there for her funeral.

xD

The more I think about it, if we're taking Dragon's Watch, it will most likely be Marjory, Kasmeer and Taimi left.
    Rytlock should find his way back to the Black Citadel and help re-uniting the Charr "post-Jormag". How quickly do the Charr come of age, can Prisca (the Flame Legion imperator's daughter) do a job for us when it's time to set sail to Cantha? Or if Rytlock does indeed retire, let's bring in a new female Charr, Galina Edgecrusher.
    Braham should meet his end facing Jormag... please, pretty please... perhaps impaled on another of Jormag's teeth, that would be fitting.
    Taimi sadly, yea, has to come along, but let's find her a watery grave in Cantha. OR... here's a thought, Taimi and Gorrik can create a new golem we can bring who they can remote control or stay in touch through. So, Scruffy 3.0. Alternatively, let's take Gorrik and a golem along.
    I'd quite like Canach to join Dragon's Watch now, seeing as this guild has lost a few members (as per my improvised storyline, not according to current events).
    Seeing as Braham sadly (not!) met his end, let's appraoch Jhavi Jorasdottir instead and recruit her. Jormag has assumeably been dealt with, she no longer needs to remain in charge up north.

• Astyrah.4015Astyrah.4015 Member ✭✭✭✭

not counting the player's race, Marjory and Kasmeer, and maybe Canach + a few Tengu NPC (any named/non named)

since the Canthans have booted out all non-humans and being isolated for so long im pretty sure if they ever opened up again, the first party to visit should have at least 2 humans on it for peace of mind, they wouldn't know/be aware of Sylvari so Canach should be fine and Tengu used to have history in Cantha so they should be ok too... they would be pretty wary of Charr for example so maybe Rytlock can follow up later once the others have settled there and updated the region about the happenings in Tyria.

• Kodiak.4213Kodiak.4213 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2020

Nobody. I'm kinda hoping I get to jump on my skimmer and ride off into the sunset (rise?) towards Cantha. Rytlock needs to help re-unite the Charr (he probably won't and will be the first one on the airship to Cantha), Braham needs a vacation, Taimi is...well, she's got that degenerative disease still, right? And Gorrik is gonna stay to look after her. Rox is all over the place, didn't she want to join the Olmakhan at one point? Canach can join me later on down the road, he's awesome. Marj and Kas need a honeymoon, they can join me after I've got an established foothold in Cantha.

edited September 11, 2020

@Astyrah.4015 said:
    Tengu used to have history in Cantha so they should be ok too...

Tengu were forcefully removed from Cantha, because the humans (or at least their emperor) were not okay with them.
    If Arenanet is going to even slightly touch the topic of Canthan xenophobia, Tengu will still not be welcome.

• Astyrah.4015Astyrah.4015 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Astyrah.4015 said:
    Tengu used to have history in Cantha so they should be ok too...

Tengu were forcefully removed from Cantha, because the humans (or at least their emperor) were not okay with them.
    If Arenanet is going to even slightly touch the topic of Canthan xenophobia, Tengu will still not be welcome.

i included them (Tengu) since they could serve as a guide at the very least but yeah, probably they would not be welcome still -- but it's probably not as bad as having Charr (not including Charr players) on the first party to arrive where they could be met with more hostility (given Charr's bad history with humans before GW2)

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

Canach. This game needs more Canach.

Honestly, so long as characters get the same depth they had in PoF, I think anyone could work. But Canach is definately a character I have liked since I first saw him in Lws2, and is the only member of Dragons Watch I feel connected to (since Lws2 did a good job introducing him without having played lws1).

• The Ghost of Master Togo from gw 1 factions, he was sort of the Canthan mister Miyagi for me.

• @sitarskee.5738 said:
    Or ressurect Tybalt.

That would be cool to travel with him again. * keeps dreaming*

• Morvran.8265Morvran.8265 Member ✭✭
    edited September 16, 2020

Neither, tbh. We have seen enough of the main cast and the whole commander business.

I'd like to see something fresh. Just go in as a simple adventurer like in the good ol' days, meet new faces, join new organizations, and just explore.

PoF was good but it could've been great if Anet focused on Elona itself more. Now that we are going to Cantha, I'd like Cantha to BE the narrative, not just the setting, if that makes sense.

edited September 16, 2020

@Morvran.8265 said:
    a simple adventurer like in the good ol' days

In GW2, we never actually were adventurers, as far as the story goes.

Humans start out as vigilante defending Shaemoor from Centaurs.
    Norn start out as newbie hunters.
    Charr are soldiers of the legions.
    Asura deal with blinky technology in their colleges.
    Sylvari come closest to adventurers, but even that only is as much adventuring as a toddler does on his first playground visit.

• Obviously I think we need to let others shine. I'd like the following to come along.

Marjory- as a Canthan descent she may have some stories from her family that could shed light on the past of Cantha to help the non human characters as a talking head. Also she's had a back seat since season 3. If she goes I see Kas going as well.

Livia- as mentioned she is possible the only living human who has last stepped foot on Cantha. As stated she was a ranking member of the Shining Blade and could be sent to assist us with history and what has been going on prior to Orr's rising.

Ogden- he was potentially in Cantha prior to EotN and could have leads on ways thru the land as we may not be allowed into certain areas due to current political climate.

Caithe- she could be the eyes and ears of Aurene and share the news of Order of the Crystal Bloom. Also she could be the first Sylvari to step foot in Cantha unless they revel that the Wardens of the Echovald Forest stem from a Pale Tree. It would be interesting to see how they react to The Call and if any answered. Could be an interesting threat in the forest in the form of new Mordrem.

I think also Dougal Kaine. He has had 0 story in game and I think the chance to explore a new continent would reawaken his Indiana Jones mentally and finally give us a thief on the team.

Any of the season 4 characters tied to elona might go to re-establish diplomatic toes, I'd love for an Awakened to go for the whole surprise factor.

• Canach...thats all i need
    Maybe rytlock if he reverts to his pre icebrood saga behviour
    The rest of the cast are pointless, useless, annoying scrubs

• I like Marjorie when she's not around Kasmeer. I find their dialogue cloying.

So give a reason for Kasmeer to stay home and protect her queen or something, and we can travel to Cantha with Marjorie.

Also, Canach. Maybe Gorrik.