regular FPS drops, please help

Eyo ive spent a decent amount of hours to fix this problem and i just dont know anything else i can do. since 13th of august, i have regular FPS drops. when i say regular i mean, i have normal FPS between 40 & +60 (like 2,3 times) then it drops to 10-20. i believe its those FPS drops that make it look like there is laggs, but im not super experienced with that stuff so its just a guess.

here is what ive tried:

1. updated windows
  2. updated graphics driver (from website, so the actual up-to-date driver)
  3. deleted older drivers and other remaining data (got hand holded wiht nvidia support so the driver installation has been done correctly)
  4. made sure in the nvidia settings that the correct device is being used
  5. put character limit in game to lowest
  6. character resolution to low
  7. no reflection
  8. other settings low-medium aswell (even though geforce experience shows it could do way more, also when i use automatic setting in the gw graphic settings)
  9. cleaned all temporary data

also it doesnt matter where in gw2 i am at that moment when checking my fps. its everywhere the same.this is my specs:

geforce gtx 1050i7-7700 cpu 2.80GHz16 GB RAM

also something ive noticed, the first 5 min im in the game, it works perfectly fine and then it starts with the FPS drop fix routine

i hope anyone has a brilliant idea on how i can fix it. Im finally done wiht my exams, finally ready to waste my freetime on this game, that im playing for 7 years and im so close to ragequit this rn because ive spent my entire first free day trying to fix this.

please help me ^^ ...

EDIT: im aware that there is occasional FPS drops in the game from time to time especially when there is a lot of effects, thats not new. but my issue here - as its litterally at every situation in the game - is different as it has this fix pattern and its litterally unplayable (not exaggerating). because of these drops i dont see animations of bosses etc. never had it that bad since i started playing gw2 7 years ago

@"Mack.3045" said:If everything checks out OK. Try using the d912pxy, you can run the game in direct x 12. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/110553/want-to-use-directx-12-dx12-for-gw2-heres-a-guide-on-using-the-d912pxy-on-windows-10#latest

Just an FYI: You can just edit your posts to add more information, rather than creating new posts.

@Mack.3045 said:Check your GPU and CPU temps., might be throttling if overheating after approx 5 Min of game time

hi, ive just played gw2 for 1 hour and the temperature of my gpu is 58° i dont see it for the cpu though.unfortunately i cant put the gpu to another slot because its a laptop

will try the directx12 and let you know if something changed. however, as its an issue that i didnt have over the last years like that

EDIT: Other games are working fine, but havent tried another MMO for comparison reasons

@Mack.3045 said:

@Josiah.2967 said:I recommend trying CPUID to see the temps during that time.

Yep Def, love to see the CPU temps!

yup...your guess was correct. its the cpu temperature. ive downloaded msi afterburner and displayed the data i wanted to monitor while playing. even while not having too much knowledge about that stuff, the pattern is very obvious.the GPU temperature is even under rough environment like wvw between 79%-81% which i think is rather normal for a laptop also that temp never really spiked.but the CPU temperature has always been between 90 and 100° which is even for a laptop too high. from the pattern it looked like, whenever the temperature would go above 100° a mechanism kicks in that lowers the FPS, the temperature cools down for a second on around 80° and then reaches over 90° again. and that in a fix pattern of 2-3 over 90° ticks, 1 temp drop (including fps drop) and then again.

well i whish the reason for those drops had been something i could have fixed software-wise, will have to buy a seperate cooler if i want continue playing gw2 ...

what i do wonder though, maybe one of you can answer this just bec im curious; why did only the cpu overheat and not the gpu? sure gw2 is cpu heavy but i mean its the same integrated cooler for both right? should the overheat of the cpu not affect the gpu, too?

anyway thank you for your help! at least i know now what the issue is

hmm going to check if i can do that with MSI already or otherwise with another programm. but is it recommendable? The laptop is standing on my desk, even tough ive put some (idk how to call but basically so there is a bit room for the integrated fan towards the desk) the distance is still quite low, might in the end cause the contrary effect and overheat even more, doesnt it?

EDIT: So MSI has a fan regulator but cant do it with MSI because apparently the fan controller chip is not connected to the gpu (or sth like that) which would be the requirement to use MSI for adjust fan speed.Can you recommend any programms for that matter?

@"Luc de Lanzac.2160" said:hmm going to check if i can do that with MSI already or otherwise with another programm. but is it recommendable? The laptop is standing on my desk, even tough ive put some (idk how to call but basically so there is a bit room for the integrated fan towards the desk) the distance is still quite low, might in the end cause the contrary effect and overheat even more, doesnt it?

EDIT: So MSI has a fan regulator but cant do it with MSI because apparently the fan controller chip is not connected to the gpu (or sth like that) which would be the requirement to use MSI for adjust fan speed.Can you recommend any programms for that matter?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techspot.com/amp/downloads/547-speedfan.html