Ode to the Matchmaking

KrHome.1920

6T54BzA.png

Thank you ANet for your great matchmaking system. We were outnumbered the whole last week and this week it's the other way around. I mean who doesn't like a constant faceroll or get facerolled experience? That arouses emotions even the most patient ones of us have never had the chance to experience before.

Thanks for that great opportunity.

Just one thing bothers me: It's sometimes hard to keep the participation up, when you own 100% of the map. Maybe you could do something to fix this.

ArenaNet: NaW tHoSe MaTcHuPs ArE tOtAlLy BaLaNcEd As WvW sHoUlD bE!1!1!

Because, you know, NOTHING is more fun than spawn-camping or being spawn-camped, because one team owns all the objectives on all four maps. Personally I look forward to at least 7 more weeks... of not playing WvW (or perhaps not playing GW2 at all) until a possible relinking. In all my years of GW2 WvW I had not yet had to experience such an UNBALANCED AND UNFUN matchup.

@Justine.6351 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:Just one thing bothers me: It's sometimes hard to keep the participation up, when you own 100% of the map. Maybe you could do something to fix this.

Kill the vet creatures?Correct me if I am wrong, but I think they do only spawn every 15 minutes and grant only 5 minutes of participation.

Yes, there are 3 on the map, but it's almost impossible to kill them in 5 minute cycles. There will always be some egoist who ruins it. =)

Map hopping to farm them is also not always possible because of the queues.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:Just one thing bothers me: It's sometimes hard to keep the participation up, when you own 100% of the map. Maybe you could do something to fix this.

Kill the vet creatures?Correct me if I am wrong, but I think they do only spawn every 15 minutes and grant only 5 minutes of participation.

Yes, there are 3 on the map, but it's almost impossible to kill them in 5 minute cycles. There will always be some egoist who ruins it. =)

Map hopping to farm them is also not always possible because of the queues.

Skritt and centaurs too. Nobody ever does those anymore. Not sure if champ spider gives event/wvw exp.

@Zero.3871 said:

@"phreeak.1023" said:T5 EU DZ and WSR are DEAD. We have a 370-430 tick for the last 14-15 hours.

yeah, fun fact, non of the servers has fun with this MU. its just bad for everyone.

I don't know, Green can have exiting small scale fights like "6 dudes vs a random roamer in PvE build" and also big epic battles where 36 Greens valiantly battle 14 Reds (plus a random Blue roamer) trying to cap a tier 1 tower. The thrill, the excitement!!!!!!!!Not to forget the nailbaiting suspense of "Will anyone flip a tower so we can flip it back" and "If I spawn camp long enough I might get five kills" for the daily. For the horror inclined they even provide "Todays daily is to capture a Keep???" - what more could you wish for?

And Blue and Red have similar exiting thrills - can you get to Veteran Creature before you a ganked by 4 desperate Greens? Can you even leave Spawn without being ganked? With skill, perseverance and luck you might even manage to capture TWO camps and SAVE THE UNIVERSE finish your WvW daily.

Honestly, this is bound to bore-out all sides to the matchup, and ArenaNet will OF COURSE do nothing about it (nor do anything to prevent such things in the future) because they really don't care AND every player that desperately ponies up the Gems to transfer to another server is one that earns them money.