Support Attributes

I'm really surprised at the lack of good attribute combos for a full support role. The best we have are sets that provide healing power and some extra defense. Why don't we have something like +HP, +Concentration as the two major, and then +Expertise, +Vitality as the minor? Even the Seraph combo would have made a lot more sense with a reversal of the major and minor stats.

Something like that would be a game changer IMO, as opposed to the seemingly endless variation of mostly offensive stats we keep getting.

@Einlanzer.1627 said:I'm really surprised at the lack of good attribute combos for a full support role. The best we have are sets that provide healing power and some extra defense. Why don't we have something like +HP, +Concentration as the two major, and then +Expertise, +Vitality as the minor?

Something like that would be a game changer IMO, as opposed to the seemingly endless variation of mostly offensive stats we keep getting.

Have you looked at minstrel (Toughness/Healing power+ Vitality/concentration - https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute_combinations)? It's almost exactly what you are asking for with 2 differences:

• it has toughness instead of expertise (expertise is useless without condition damage, might as well get something useful)
  • it has toughness as major and vitality as minor

I do agree though, it would be nice to have a non toughness alternative similar to the pvp Diviner or the 3-Stat Magi.

Currently the stat combo missing would be: Healing Power+Concentration, Vitality+x (power/condition damage).

The main reason for these stats missing is likely due to their very limited use outside of raids and fractals or other difficult group content where healing power is even needed.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Einlanzer.1627 said:I'm really surprised at the lack of good attribute combos for a full support role. The best we have are sets that provide healing power and some extra defense. Why don't we have something like +HP, +Concentration as the two major, and then +Expertise, +Vitality as the minor?

Have you looked at minstrel (Toughness/Healing power+ Vitality/concentration -
)? It's almost exactly what you are asking for with 2 differences:
  • it has toughness instead of expertise (expertise is useless without condition damage, might as well get something useful)
  • it has toughness as major and vitality as minor

I do agree though, it would be nice to have a non toughness alternative similar to the pvp Diviner or the 3-Stat Magi.

Currently the stat combo missing would be: Healing Power+Concentration, Vitality+x (power/condition damage).

The main reason for these stats missing is likely due to their very limited use outside of raids and fractals or other difficult group content where healing power is even needed.

Yeah, Minstrel comes closest, although I think I actually prefer the new Harrier combo for a generalized support role. Expertise actually isn't useless without condi damage, because a lot of support and power builds contain a lot of non-damaging conditions. I like the idea of a build specializing in control and support as opposed to damage and support. But, yeah, expertise could easily be swapped with power to give you a modicum of soloability and DPS support. The main issue I have is simply not having +HP/+Concentration as the two majors.

Archived