Evading a stealth attack should reveal the attacker

Hollow.5382

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Haha and everyone's ok that some classes can block,block,block,evade,barrier, take some damage then block, evade, heal, block, reaply barrier etc and oh no a thief insnt revealed by one missed attack that is set with a CD so cant be spammed. Man this game has zero hope as the players are clueless as to why balance and game quality are complete trash. Look past the the classes u don't like and look at whole picture.

It could apply to all classes not just "stealth attacks" use any attack while stealthed = revealed.

I get that and revealed on miss could be a thing and that's fine just wow of all the things to request in gw2 given it's current trash state. There's far far worse offending mechanics, skills and traits that should be adressed- nerfed while others buffed before something this trivial should even be thought of lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Haha and everyone's ok that some classes can block,block,block,evade,barrier, take some damage then block, evade, heal, block, reaply barrier etc and oh no a thief insnt revealed by one missed attack that is set with a CD so cant be spammed. Man this game has zero hope as the players are clueless as to why balance and game quality are complete trash. Look past the the classes u don't like and look at whole picture.

It could apply to all classes not just "stealth attacks" use any attack while stealthed = revealed.

I get that and revealed on miss could be a thing and that's fine just wow of all the things to request in gw2 given it's current trash state. There's far far worse offending mechanics, skills and traits that should be adressed- nerfed while others buffed before something this trivial should even be thought of lol

Agree completely

July 26, 2016
All stealth attack skills will now have a 1-second recharge between uses.

If youre complaining about backstab now, I wonder what were you doing before that^ update. Crying in the corner because big bad teef was spamming 1, or not playing gw2 yet?

• Thanks 1

Stealth should be removed when using any ability while in stealth, whether it's a utility, an attack or something else.Additionally, stealthed people should get revealed when being damaged from any source, including cleaves, damaging pulses and condition ticks.

Stealth in its current iteration is way too strong, but I can't see Arenanet bothering to change it.

@Caine.8204 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Sounds like rewarding random dodging to me.

i know when to dodge against a stealthed opponent and they just do it again 2 seconds later. im really rewarded for my good gameplay! good thing i delayed his 9k backstab for two seconds, now i survived!

just kidding he spammed me with auto and killed me

well if you know when to dodge you should know how to kite it without having to dodge it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

they should just do something about how long the stealth can be stacked, dont reveal when you miss but the fact that thief can be stealth for between 5 and 20s you never know, he might have fucked off and you wont see him or he might have been restealthing behind a wall.Another thing that could be added is let players hear sound queues from stealthed players.LET ME HEAR the mantra charge.LET ME HEAR how many times thief used hearthseeker in stealthetc.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:they should just do something about how long the stealth can be stacked, dont reveal when you miss but the fact that thief can be stealth for between 5 and 20s you never know, he might have kitten off and you wont see him or he might have been restealthing behind a wall.Another thing that could be added is let players hear sound queues from stealthed players.LET ME HEAR the mantra charge.LET ME HEAR how many times thief used hearthseeker in stealthetc.

You know, I never thought about that.

Now someone has said it, I'm angry that it doesn't work that way because it would solve a lot of problems.

• Sad 1

They nerfed the stealth attack spams by including a cooldown to adress this issue and it worked for some time.

But these days stealth stacking powercreep renders it useless.

Another thing that could be added is let players hear sound queues from stealthed players.This does already exist to some extent and made a lot of kills possible for me. In general too many players underestimate the impact that a good DAC (not the crappy onboard soundchip) and headset can have on the fights in this game.

@KrHome.1920 Im one of the players that reacts to the sound queues much faster then to visual ones.If I tryhard I could get into plat 3. but If I were to put the music on and mute the game I doubt I would make it into plat.Sound queues in stealth seem to not work on most skills, and on those that work its rng.Its rng if you are going to hear 1shot mesmer charge the mantra next to you.Giving people sound queues is one of the ways to soft nerf stealth without rendering it garbage.Let me know how many times thief blasted his p5 so I can estimate what I need to do.

@Bazsi.2734 said:It used to be that whenever people started complaining about stealth, the game was close to balanced. That's not the case right now however(explo holo etc.), so I don't understand what's happening. Did I miss a balance patch that made stealth builds good?

Im assuming OP is bunker abuser, that is upset that something ( thief ) can actually gank him and touch him. And force him to not play like a sac of potatoes for couple of sec.

• Like 1

It's almost like every other game does this, and this is how it should have been from the start... Oh wait it kinda was!Memba when thief used to be revealed for whiffing by pressing 1 in stealth? Good times.

@Justine.6351 said:Sounds like rewarding random dodging to me.

Sounds like punishing random attacks to me, and I can set up for back stab more than some classes can even evade on demand. (After a 40 second window)

@Leonidrex.5649 said:they should just do something about how long the stealth can be stacked, dont reveal when you miss but the fact that thief can be stealth for between 5 and 20s you never know, he might have kitten off and you wont see him or he might have been restealthing behind a wall.This would be fine given the game we have now, but: What? You mean imposing a setting where stealth durations are reasonably predictable and counterable? And brining the disparity between Mesmer and Thief closer together?... lol Fair and consistent standards in GW2? Never :^)

@Daishi.6027 I personally would like to see thief lose some of its easy to get stealth through using smoke fields.like increasing INI cost from SB2 and dagger 2 by 1 ini. Their cost would be reduced back to normal if used on enemiesIn case of HS there is even code for it in game. Mesmers sword ambush generates a clone ONLY when it targets enemy AND enemy is in range of the dash.HS could cost 1 more ini, and refund that 1 ini when used on enemy that is close to thief, that way its only a nerf to stealth blasting fields.If thief wants to get super long stealth they can use utilities/heal skills and pay the price for it like a normal class would and not get 12s of stealth from ini alone.

@Hollow.5382 said:Title.Currently, there is no reward for properly timing a dodge/evade against a stealth attack and no risk to the attacker for missing an attack.

Being hit while in stealth should unstealth you(conditions excluded).Starting an action while in stealth should immediately unstealth you.Missing(blind/it being evaded) an attack in stealth should unstealth you.Stealth shouldn't stack duration.

There's a 1 second cooldown on missing a stealth attack. I've tried making a heavy stealth build before and I've found it's amazing against the average player but against better players it's pretty much useless. I did much better with the meta d/p that focuses on boon removing and mobility. Staying in stealth was a huge waste of time. They also had toughness, boons, defensive ability spam and teammates that would actually res or support them.

You can try it yourself so you can experience how its countered.

@Fueki.4753 said:Stealth should be removed when using any ability while in stealth, whether it's a utility, an attack or something else.Additionally, stealthed people should get revealed when being damaged from any source, including cleaves, damaging pulses and condition ticks.

Stealth in its current iteration is way too strong, but I can't see Arenanet bothering to change it.

No

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Agree completely.

Getting tired of blocking/evading/dodging stealthed attacks while seeing "block block block" 3x and someone still isn't revealed.

Use reveals

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Hollow.5382 said:Title.Currently, there is no reward for properly timing a dodge/evade against a stealth attack and no risk to the attacker for missing an attack.

Being hit while in stealth should unstealth you(conditions excluded).Starting an action while in stealth should immediately unstealth you.Missing(blind/it being evaded) an attack in stealth should unstealth you.Stealth shouldn't stack duration.

So totally no

@Bazsi.2734 said:It used to be that whenever people started complaining about stealth, the game was close to balanced. That's not the case right now however(explo holo etc.), so I don't understand what's happening. Did I miss a balance patch that made stealth builds good?

It's just the usual complain about stealth because they can't adept to it, like every week

Every class has a reveal, Every class makes visual things when they are in stealth and you can hear them

AAAAND if you know there are arround you, you can expect them and prepare