EU WvW Servers Full/Rant

shirokuma.8035

So after the weekly "active player count" Vabbi moves on to Full status and RoS to high.

With that there are no more "medium" populated Servers left in EU.

I find this very frustrating because all the consistent and top wvw servers are full for a long time now and there is no "change" in sight.

All servers in EU have been gaining numbers which will make future transfers even more expensive and with the current system it's extremly frustrating to find a "home" which is consistent and fitting your time/style.

I wish arenanet could tell us what they intend to do with the servers and population despite being busy working on PoF.

I know many people right now who just kinda feel lost since you are either stuck at a bottom tier server or you pay and pray for a nice link every few weeks. I personally don't mind paying since its not too expensive but I hate the inconsistancy and lack of communication.

if anyone from arenanet reads this: is it too much to ask for a little sentence or hint where we are going in wvw server wise? There have many so many forum and reddit posts lately about the same topic.

tldr: current wvw server population is extremly flawed and frustrating to deal with it, would be cool from arenanet to tell us where they are going with that.

WvW transfer have been always problematic. I hope ANET will try to do something more now that the problem is consistent. I insist on my idea of giving big rewards to the better guilds of the week of each server: it will solve a lot of problems.I hope they will open server and give free pass for PoF.

Since the switch of server I will report my comment:"Now, first you should free the top servers from the burden of lower servers (100+ queue on every border..), and maybe put togheter the worlds with few players.Second, please, think about bringing back tournament like in 2014 (it was awesome).. maybe in 1 month, so you give time to Pvers to learn a bit of how to play in WvW (these days the fights have been often a slaughter).Third, We need guilds back, we need them to Step Up for their world. So, what do you think about a reward system (+ a title) for guilds that (for example):A) kept its tower/keep longer;B ) (with at least 10/15 members doing it) captured the highest number of stuctures;C) killed more enemies;D) etc.And if a guild reach one title for 3/4 (or more) weeks in a row, you may give a trophy for guild hall, or bonuses, or dunno, but some recognition. Becouse GW2 lack a system of guilds’ visibility/competition. So maybe put the guild names that reached title in the server in everyone login, or maybe some place in lion’s arch.. think about something, but you need a system to honor guilds, to make people say “i’m from that guild”And for guild’s trophies, maybe think about this: guild can choose a portion of the guild hall to be visitable from outsiders?"

It is probably wise to wait until PoF gets released until starting to implement big changes to WvW. It might turn out another HoT-sized disaster (hope it will not) that will make half the population quit again. I am sure there are currently many players returning to the game, and to the WvW, but we do not know if they will stay after PoF.

Archived