It's not right to be selfish as a PVP player

Katelynn.6593

Demanding they have a skill removed means that they won't have that same skill to save themselves in PVE.

It can be easy to hate on the class if they killed you. But let's be real, given the right opportunity you would have attacked and killed them first. Maybe not 1v1 if you weren't built to counter, but you might join a zerge to hunt that player down.

So when they kill you it's not personal, they aren't trying to piss you off. They're trying to survive because they know every enemy could and will kill them if given the right opportunity, including you. Survival can sometimes be kill before you get killed.

In PVE that same player who destroyed you might even be the same player who stops to rezz you in PVE and the very same skill that you wanted to get rid of is what had them defeat the mob so they could rezz you.

Not that I've ever experienced it, but statistically speaking this is rather rare.

I can understand if what people mean is give players different PVP skills but keep their PVE skills the same. But without specifying that I'm going to assume you mean replace their skills with weaker ones, even if it will make them die more in PVE.

I agree. Aggression towards your fellow player and/or their class just because they killed you is silly.

Passive aggression is much better for getting the changes you want. Just play something trolley or broken that you know nobody will be want to fight against and inevitably it will be talked about and maybe even addressed in a future balance patch.

Since buffs are a thing of the past, this is a great way to get something nerfed that you don't like. The only downside is actually having to play said thing you don't like.Namaste.

I agree. I try my best to quell the spread of misinformation on the forums. Dying to certain classes is frustrating, and that frustration can lead people to post exaggerated tales about the class that killed them. A large part of what makes this game so enjoyable is the combat. Classes are fun to play, combat is fast paced. PvE (and to an extent WvW) is more of a skill check than it is a gear check. I'd hate to see that tarnished because a few people are jealous that other classes can do things that theirs cannot.

@Kuma.1503 said:I agree. I try my best to quell the spread of misinformation on the forums. Dying to certain classes is frustrating, and that frustration can lead people to post exaggerated tales about the class that killed them. A large part of what makes this game so enjoyable is the combat. Classes are fun to play, combat is fast paced. PvE (and to an extent WvW) is more of a skill check than it is a gear check. I'd hate to see that tarnished because a few people are jealous that other classes can do things that theirs cannot.

As they say the grass looks greener on the other side. But when you actually play the class that seems OP you're like wow this class wasn't as invincible as I thought it was.

That's why time and time again they say play the other professions.

Well some players might be selfish not because of getting killed or outperformed by the enemy, but perhaps those who think they're better at the game. Idk how many people I've blocked for whispering me "You're trash", "Get Good" or generally some stuffs I will never hear from them because I already blocked them.Power Mirage is my pride (Been playing the same build for 2 years), it's fun and effective in every game I've played. But people's perception of mesmers in pvp these days are rather poor, even to a point where another fellow mirage would call me out for playing "Trash build". I basically laugh it off every time and continue my winning streak.Those people never got my nerve, for only have I swore once in this game because of Pekknik. I know it's quite irrelevant but I just want to bring this up for fun :D

@"IDK I Guess.1563" said:Well some players might be selfish not because of getting killed or outperformed by the enemy, but perhaps those who think they're better at the game. Idk how many people I've blocked for whispering me "You're trash", "Get Good" or generally some stuffs I will never hear from them because I already blocked them.Power Mirage is my pride (Been playing the same build for 2 years), it's fun and effective in every game I've played. But people's perception of mesmers in pvp these days are rather poor, even to a point where another fellow mirage would call me out for playing "Trash build". I basically laugh it off every time and continue my winning streak.Those people never got my nerve, for only have I swore once in this game because of Pekknik. I know it's quite irrelevant but I just want to bring this up for fun :D

The people who know you're in the match have a choice, adapt their build or do their best to avoid you. But saying your wins aren't legit because you're too OP is obviously wrong, because there are players with builds like yours who will still still lose fights. Build is only 30% of the work. Movement and positioning is the other 30% and actually doing the right thing at the right time is the last 40%

Some players think better than me must mean OP.

Also it doesn't help that the combat log is an absolute truck of garbage. Maybe if it had better layout on what actually killed a player would make sense, so player can know what telegraph to associate with their demise.