CONDIS

Avis.4635

well i proposed rune that help a bit vs condi some time ago but it was for pve/wvwhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1308281#Comment_1308281

i agree that condis are bit overturned as you need pay too much for def against them, resulting doing too smal dmg (as power user)

to counter it you need have pocket full condi clease scrapper with you, as if you take too many condi clease, or chose rune that decrest condi duration you ending doing 0 dmg, as other side have 3k armor and perm protection boon

other solution culd be give some resistance boon for some skills (same as common protection is)

maybe nerf Restance boon from 100%->35% but give it to more skills and increst duration from 1-2 to 3-4

you can see how common protection is https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Protection

and how rare resistance is https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Resistance

The player base has change dramatically, new playerbase prefers brainless carry builds where they can spam few buttons, mostly aoe condi puke with zero thought to timing etc over a more skillful type of play and unfortunately its seems like that's the way the devs are going with their balance changes as of late as well so may as well get used to it or move on.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:The player base has change dramatically, new playerbase prefers brainless carry builds where they can spam few buttons, mostly aoe condi puke with zero thought to timing etc over a more skillful type of play and unfortunately its seems like that's the way the devs are going with their balance changes as of late as well so may as well get used to it or move on.

Remember guys, using CC and then hitting the target while they can't move = skill and condi builds don't kill you this way ever.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:The player base has change dramatically, new playerbase prefers brainless carry builds where they can spam few buttons, mostly aoe condi puke with zero thought to timing etc over a more skillful type of play and unfortunately its seems like that's the way the devs are going with their balance changes as of late as well so may as well get used to it or move on.

Remember guys, using CC and then hitting the target while they can't move = skill and condi builds don't kill you this way ever.

Being perma locked down or having ur skills forced on cds so u can't counter is also horrible mechanics that some how exist in this game. Chain cc's should have diminishing returns for a shirt cd and conditions like slow etc should be deleted from the game, just a few changes that would give this sinking ship a chance.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Being perma locked down or having ur skills forced on cds so u can't counter is also horrible mechanics that some how exist in this game. Chain cc's should have diminishing returns for a shirt cd and conditions like slow etc should be deleted from the game, just a few changes that would give this sinking ship a chance.

If you get cc chained, that's a l2p issue. Maybe don't rush in 1v2 or 1v3? Only one person can't cc chain you AND deal huge damage at the same time. They can either cc chain you (hammer warrior) or deal huge damage (revenant etc). I have never seen a plat 2+ person on EU complain about CC. (shocking aura is a totally different issue btw but the point holds)

If you have a team/not outnumbered, you kite well enough and yet if you still get cc chained, maybe consider getting a better team since that means they don't peel people off you.

Slow and chill on the other hand, can get nerfed into the mists for all I care. They are boring.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Being perma locked down or having ur skills forced on cds so u can't counter is also horrible mechanics that some how exist in this game. Chain cc's should have diminishing returns for a shirt cd and conditions like slow etc should be deleted from the game, just a few changes that would give this sinking ship a chance.

If you get cc chained, that's a l2p issue. Maybe don't rush in 1v2 or 1v3? Only one person can't cc chain you AND deal huge damage at the same time. They can either cc chain you (hammer warrior) or deal huge damage (revenant etc). I have never seen a plat 2+ person on EU complain about CC. (shocking aura is a totally different issue btw but the point holds)

If you have a team/not outnumbered, you kite well enough and yet if you still get cc chained, maybe consider getting a better team since that means they don't peel people off you.

Slow and chill on the other hand, can get nerfed into the mists for all I care. They are boring.

Yeah yeah l2p issue.... always l2p issue lmao u can literally use that excuse on anything and for any issue game has. When everyone left pvp and u and few others are left u can spout how everyone just refused to l2p and that's why pvp failed. Regardless whether it's a learn to play issue THAT is what new players experience when they first try pvp and wvw. In pvp they get perma locked down and feel like they may as well take their hands of the kb and just wait to respawn, or go to hit step on node but its covered by aoe spam that stripped their hp in seconds. In wvw zergs are just glorified floor is lava play. Players will only try to stick with the game for so long when being met with this so.....

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Yeah yeah l2p issue.... always l2p issue lmaoIf you hear it "always", maybe it really is a l2p issue after all, lol.

u can literally use that excuse on anything and for any issue game has.Nope, the pvp is dead but not because cc is too strong, it's because this game's pvp is too complex for its own good and anet can't really handle it.

When everyone left pvp and u and few others are left u can spout how everyone just refused to l2p and that's why pvp failed.I mean, that's almost it. Not 100% but I'd say pvp is dead because it's too complex for average gw2 player.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Yeah yeah l2p issue.... always l2p issue lmaoIf you hear it "always", maybe it really is a l2p issue after all, lol.

u can literally use that excuse on anything and for any issue game has.Nope, the pvp is dead but not because cc is too strong, it's because this game's pvp is too complex for its own good and anet can't really handle it.

When everyone left pvp and u and few others are left u can spout how everyone just refused to l2p and that's why pvp failed.I mean, that's almost it. Not 100% but I'd say pvp is dead because it's too complex for average gw2 player.

I dont hear anything lmao I barely play and when I do I honestly MAY die once or so a match and usually have no issue getting downs, I'm speaking for people that are just starting and what their met with.

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:I'm speaking for people that are just starting and what their met with.

Then you know exactly what I meant by "PvP is too complex for its own good".

It's not even about cc or some gameplay aspect, it's just about anet's initial design choices way before GW2 release. They should've made a team deathmatch and some other "for fun" game modes.

Wish condi builds weren't so floaty, most conditions don't come some uber attacks, they come from some kind of passive or skills involving hand flailing off screen, most conditions come from ranged attacks and ranged attacks are way too floaty in the game so double down here, for example spinal shivers(it is power punish damage against stacking boons, but it has a big stack of chill) so you have some flailing around with the animation, the attacked does not know he is being targeted by it and if he did he would dodge it, but the only indication he gets is the shlump sound that plays when it is too late .Also there is the issue with the cooldowns on some professions, that is not just for condi but also for power builds, there has been general spamminess power creep in the game. Some classes do hybrid damage even though they are fully running power.Lets take for example holo. Why do people hate it, cause currently it deals most of its damage from passive damage increase traitline, so any attack deals bonus damage and slaps a blind, that kinda works like allot of condition traits but instead of some stacks of bleed,burn or whatever it slaps you directly with power damage. The way this information is conveyed in the game is by some small icon on the attacker, like really such a dynamic game and you put some tiny icon under the targets bar if you click on the person. I don't get this game sometimes, you have classes that scream at you 'I'M GONA HIT YOU' and others do more by grazing you with some random attack that doesn't look that dangerous and it procs multiple passives and now you have all the conditions in the game.I'm pretty sure the most common cause for someone dying to conditions is not condition damage but condition ccs and the ability of some classes to apply multiple of them while applying high stack of damaging ones.There is a lot of lack of intent in many skills and that breaks the game in my opinion.

the better you are the less problematic conditions are, for inexp players its just another thing they have to devote attention to, but balance wisemeta will ALWAYS gravitate towards power builds dominating.its like in starcraft 2, make a big patch, people make new rush builds that seem OP as fuck, but month after month and games become more and more lategame oriented.Same thing here, big shake-up, everyone runs "OP" condis, month after month meta as always moves to power builds. They need to be more minmaxed to work, but when they work they WORK.Damage dealt NOW is always better then damage dealt over time, even more so that it can be invuln/cleansed.And now people mostly play power holo, power scrapper, power reapers, tempest ( support ) fb ( dont fucking know whats meta cuz I quit ) and only good condi builds are necro and scourge.

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:the better you are the less problematic conditions are, for inexp players its just another thing they have to devote attention to, but balance wisemeta will ALWAYS gravitate towards power builds dominating.its like in starcraft 2, make a big patch, people make new rush builds that seem OP as kitten, but month after month and games become more and more lategame oriented.Same thing here, big shake-up, everyone runs "OP" condis, month after month meta as always moves to power builds. They need to be more minmaxed to work, but when they work they WORK.Damage dealt NOW is always better then damage dealt over time, even more so that it can be invuln/cleansed.And now people mostly play power holo, power scrapper, power reapers, tempest ( support ) fb ( dont kitten know whats meta cuz I quit ) and only good condi builds are necro and scourge.

The difference is, player refuse in this game to adept, starcraft players see, xy has pretty strong thing, what can I do against.

Gw2 is :"I got killed by that big aoe with zillion of condis, let's go into the forum and cry for nerf, instead of standing outside of the big fat red circle"

Condi is not overpowered right now. In some instances it can be, like if you face a condi mesmer, burn guard and a necro at the same time, but you can argue the same thing if the team had a shatter mesmer a power thief and a holo bursting you down. Its definately more frustrating trying to avoid condition damage so ill give you that.