Unbalanced and Unfun WvW

Erdem.6213

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That happens all of the time.

After each Re-linking, there is a massive amount of gem store sales from people transferring servers and others buying new accounts on server-pairs they like the look of.

So those people skew the matchups by shifting the populations (the basis of the relinking system). So links suddenly make no sense whatsoever. The system is broken.

THEN the ladder system doesn't correct because it takes longer than the duration of a link period to correct itself.

That's why the matchups are nearly always rubbish.

TL;DR to fix problem for yourself, buy gems (and transfer).And that's why the system will never be fixed.

@Erdem.6213 said:Emmm is all WvW matches same like this? on/with other servers? or is it just me unlucky to be in Dzagonur.

It is always like this if there are big population imbalances between servers (which happens always with some servers - not always the same servers) and you are actually also unlucky to be on Dzagonur, because last week more than 100 (others say: several hundred) of players of several guilds moved (bandwagoned) after the new serverlinking nearly at the same time from Dzagonur to other servers to have better (which probably means: easier) fights.

The position of Dzagonur will now go down from week-to-week until the population imbalance is not that big anymore against the other servers or until Dzagonur will be on the last position of the server ranking.

@"Erdem.6213" said:Emmm is all WvW matches same like this? on/with other servers? or is it just me unlucky to be in Dzagonur. It is literally unplayable, unbalanced and unfun, only one thing good that is you are always outnumbered so more pips but why...https://prnt.sc/u0gdri

be careful every discussion about population imbalances in wvw due to anet is warning you cause "MU thread" and toxicity, happened to me, even there is no toxicity or any comments about a specific match up.

in fact, anet abandoned wvw completely long time ago, running a dead horse with relinking system that just destroy wvw even more.they have NO intention to change anything for wvw, since they have other priorities (pve, pvp).

i mean they spent 100 + hours for 1 legend armor in pve but cant spend 1 hour for wvw to stop population imbalances by bandwagoning by just closing server transfers after relinks.

its a lost position.

@Dayra.7405 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:They all transferred off when they saw no link. Blame your server

No blame the transfer system.Definitely not the few remaining.

Transfers were designed to occasionally transfer with your guild or to play with a friend not to mass transfer off 150 Dzag or WSR players to a med server in a coordinated effort to stack/avoid a 8 week stretch w/o a link.I'm not blaming the players remaining I'm blaming the 150 who left the players remaining on a dead server.What should they do with the transfer system?I say limit it to 2 a year or make it keep going up for the frequent transferring that bounce every 2 months 500 600 700 800 900 1000 even to a med pop server and just keep going up the more you transfer by 100 eventually the bandwagoners will be forced to stay somewhere.

@Magnuzone.8395 said:Yeah this MU is no fun for Dzagonur and WSR.Also not for kodash and riverside... well at least the non-sadistic players of us that don't get any pleasure out of ganking.

Seriously: I was looking forward to the no-downstate week, because I am mostly a roamer and no-downstate is great for us.

And now: imagine it's no downstate week and you are facing two empty servers. So much fun!

And the non-delusional ones of us are well aware that next week we will be the server again that is farmed by others (namely the servers all the dzago and wsr people transfered to).

@Jilora.9524 said:They all transferred off when they saw no link. Blame your serverFollowing that logic you can blame every server, because this is nothing server specific.

Yeah they should take this opportunity to delete Dzag and WSR and offer free transfers off to the remaining then only BB would never have a link because they never get full no matter how many you squeeze on there. Then you won't see this mass exodus because no one will be w/o a link and full. NVM you would need delete 2 more too to drop to 4 tiers. They need to fix it somehow tho because they all going to go right back to Dzag and WSR who will be a link to the 2 strongest hosts next relink

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:They all transferred off when they saw no link. Blame your serverFollowing that logic you can blame every server, because this is nothing server specific.

What? Transfers aren't server specific but mass exodus is new move the last 4 months. Never been this bad where you see t5 all one color and losing 900k to 120k to 70k. So I don't get your reply

@Jilora.9524 said:

What? Transfers aren't server specific but mass exodus is new move the last 4 months. Never been this bad where you see t5 all one color and losing 900k to 120k to 70k. So I don't get your reply

Not the last 4 months, it happened twice before on specific german servers the last year.

@xandrella.2953 said:

Not the last 4 months, it happened twice before on specific german servers the last year.

Yeah maybe a couple less egregious did too but the server left wasn't this dead. I mean WSR was clocking 8ppt earlier. I just say it's getting worse and MS and whoever was the other server that got 150 influx will lose that 150 next relink and pay the price and WSR and Dzago will be restacked with a stronger link and climb to t1/t2. It's why anet needs something soon to combat this

@"Erdem.6213" said:Emmm is all WvW matches same like this? on/with other servers? or is it just me unlucky to be in Dzagonur. It is literally unplayable, unbalanced and unfun, only one thing good that is you are always outnumbered so more pips but why...https://prnt.sc/u0gdri

That image on itself doesn't really prove anything. It could be that one server has a night-raid whereas another dominates during the day. I've seen it enough times that the points looked like that in our favor, for a few hours during night which is when I often play, and we still lost the match because that was the only time we were getting points...

But yeah, sometimes you have a server clearly dominate the match and in that case, what the others said...

@Taylan.2187 said:

@"Erdem.6213" said:Emmm is all WvW matches same like this? on/with other servers? or is it just me unlucky to be in Dzagonur. It is literally unplayable, unbalanced and unfun, only one thing good that is you are always outnumbered so more pips but why...

That image on itself doesn't really prove anything. It could be that one server has a night-raid whereas another dominates during the day. I've seen it enough times that the points looked like that in our favor, for a few hours during night which is when I often play, and we still lost the match because that was the only time we were getting points...

But yeah, sometimes you have a server clearly dominate the match and in that case, what the others said...
This is the matchup. I am on the green side. We have 12,000 to 15,000 points (at least 10,000 of these are PPT, because there is no one to fight) in every single skirmish since the reset on friday.

Look at the 495 tick counter. You have to own a lot of T3 stuff to get this tick.

We don't even have a high population ourself. Last week we were dominated. But the other two servers in this week are empty in a way that I have not witnessed since 2012. We do even let them recapture their stuff with 5 people on the map just for the reason that we have something to recap to not fall asleep. I guess I re-capped 10 keeps or so just yesterday.

@Dayra.7405 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:Yeah they should take this opportunity to delete Dzag and WSR

Aeh it's 2 server to few, not 2 to much. If you delete 2, then 4 (and BB) will not have a link

Yeah I figured that out that 2 wasn't enough. 4 got to go to do that because they won't ever give BB a link since it never can be full even tho it is probably over the full threshhold and if you give bb a link that would be a very easy bandwagon possibility

Thus why relinks should happen every single week and we revert from the 1U1D system that creates BS matches except for blue side where they're either too easy or too difficult, so red and green just trade biweekly.

This way your server MMRs can be calculated correctly with servers calculated independently of one another, and you don't have constant bandwagoning.

But who am I kidding, an age-old suggestion that runs contrary to the tons of gems ANet makes from transfers isn't gonna happen.

I know that this isn't what all people did, but after wsr and dzago people knew, they wouldn't have a link, a lot of people transfered away from those two servers.

It's a shame that "the best german fighting server" and "the best fighting server" are running away from having no link.

Instead, now we have WSRanik (fort ranik, where most wsr people transferred to).

Shame! Shame! Shame! ;) (Hoping some people know the reference)

@"Nimon.7840" said:I know that this isn't what all people did, but after wsr and dzago people knew, they wouldn't have a link, a lot of people transfered away from those two servers.

It's a shame that "the best german fighting server" and "the best fighting server" are running away from having no link.

Instead, now we have WSRanik (fort ranik, where most wsr people transferred to).

Shame! Shame! Shame! ;) (Hoping some people know the reference)

they do not want good fights. They want to outnumber their opponents for easy wins.

@Jilora.9524 said:

Transfers were designed to occasionally transfer with your guild or to play with a friend not to mass transfer off 150 Dzag or WSR players to a med server in a coordinated effort to stack/avoid a 8 week stretch w/o a link.I'm not blaming the players remaining I'm blaming the 150 who left the players remaining on a dead server.What should they do with the transfer system?I say limit it to 2 a year or make it keep going up for the frequent transferring that bounce every 2 months 500 600 700 800 900 1000 even to a med pop server and just keep going up the more you transfer by 100 eventually the bandwagoners will be forced to stay somewhere.

Actually, this is a really great solution. Let's do it!

... but I have a tale that we should learn from ...

Waaaay back in the mists of time, transfers cost nothing.

When the tournaments happened people started transferring around with their guilds for the first time.

Some players (like me!) called on Arenanet to implement a fee for transferring, and they did. And here we are, many years later.

The lesson being that fees don't seem to have done anything to slow transfers (so far).

I personally understand the players who transfer (although I would not recommend to do it). The transfer of few players is also no problem at all for the system. The problem comes when there are masses tranferring. As much as we can blame the players, I would also blame the persons who implemented the system.

Anet has various methods to fight the transfer-problem. Fees are in my eyes the wrong method since they will only cause people becoming mad and leaving the game(mode). As a short term solution, I would only allow a limited number of players to tranfer to one server per week. We cans et a cap of e.g. 100 players a week (which is a high number). The long-term solution must in my eyes fight the underlying problem. Players are mass-tranferring because they are looking for better fights or -more general- more fun.