Condi Weaver or Tempest for open world? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions

Condi Weaver or Tempest for open world?

I have been running a marauder tempest for awhile now and i wanna try out a condi build.
I recently saw a video on another forum post here of a weaver getting like 17k burns and was intrigued. Is Tempest capable of this as well?
On metabattle i noticed there are no weaver build for pve, only Tempest and base Ele. Why is this?

Comments

• Pure Condition? Weave

• Noodle Ant.1605Noodle Ant.1605 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2020

Both options exist, both options play differently/have different strong and weak points.

I don’t know which specific builds are being considered so I really can’t comment further than that.

I assume weaver doesn’t appear on metabattle because it isn’t very ‘ez to play’ but the weaver open world domination thread (somewhere on forum) proves that it isn’t exactly ‘hard to play’ either.

Currently meme’ing on core mesmer for PvE content.

• Condi Weaver with tanky gear is probably the best option ele has for soloing group content. (solo'ed Cairn and many bounties with this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwiYXMJmJOKXfvbA-zRRYtRD+NsyIzEI0CwhLSwsBeLbNtB-e)

Outside of soloing hard content, raid build from snowcrows deals some big damage, but is harder to play due to squishiness.

Condi Tempest kinda works, but Weaver does pretty much everything better.

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

Weaver solo because it has better CC and active damage mitigation tools. Tempest in group events (with warhorn) because of perma 20-25 might on 10 people.

Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

• ASP.8093ASP.8093 Member ✭✭✭

N.B. in open world and story (and Fractals, but not Strikes/Raids), you can run a build with very limited CC solo and compensate on hard bosses with consumable CC: https://discretize.eu/guides/consumables