Warclaw that jump very high up in the air - is it a bug?

ShadowCatz.8437

I have seen for some time now players that suddenly jump very much higher then I can on my own Warclaw from normal surface level up in air. What is this? I don't think it is lag or server that is causing this.

Looking at some video on YT that show how players get around limitation on Keeps just by using Warclaw and jumps (these jumps look to be on normal level compared to what I have seen - it is just a combination of mounting skills and that player character is on mount that place character higher above ground level that make these kind of jumping puzzle like moves possible).

Here is an example that I found on YT:

Is this jumping high up in air a cheat, an exploit, a bug or server lag? What I talk about is not a dismount (that is how it is explained on YT to get around and into places like SM or keeeps) as player seem to still run on forward on their mount and not jump off their mount.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:sometimes it looks like people are jumping very high - but in fact they aren't. It is caused by lag. Just like sometimes one of your group appears to be under the map for one other person, but perfectly fine for everyone else.Yay, similar behaviour to gliders that Anet hasnt bothered to fix for 6 years - you can see someone run on the ground but in reality he's gliding above. Or dolyaks going back to camps, but when you try to hit them there isnt anything there. If you got a ranged weapon, you can track down their real position and hit them if you are within range (usually 10m+ in front of where the dolly is walking).

It's not technically lag in the sense of having high ping, it's the client being desynced with the server. For the warclaw in particular, I'm guessing its a combination of that and client side prediction - that's why you see it speed up trying to get into its correct position after a high jump. It's just your client catching up.