Just an idea for dungeons

hugo.4705

I've explored the dungeons a lot of time, in some I now have all the armors and weapons.Tokens pilling up.

So, why not adding for each dungeon, a themed outfit? Guild Decos and like, 5 unique skins to buy with tokens? In addition, every path final boss could have a very low chance to drop an infusion: Nightmare Aura, Holo-glyphic particles, Rotten smell, Fiery appearance...

I already enjoy, and still enjoy doing that nice content. But adding those things can be a plus: Having more goals to do into them. And it only requires to modify the dungeon vendor in LA! And adding to the drop table of last boss an infusion. (Or 5000 tokens? Imagine, those can be the easily accessible infusions since many are so rare and outprices, earned by playing that content.)

I don't say that for a sake to have those, but once you did everything, the tokens are pretty useless. I say infusions, but you can think of mystic clovers requiring like fractals ectos, philosopher stone, mystic coins and like, 250 dungeon tokens. Ability to buy ascended for 750.. think about thing like this as sinks for those tokens.

After all why not? You have ascended in raids, you have ascended in fractals, you can have some in wvw or pvp, hoard possible at tequalt or triple troubles , ascended for strikes crystals, why not dungeons?!

Ps: can be moved to dungeons, wrong categories ^^"

More dungeon rewards? Yes please!

These are fantastic ideas; especially the guild hall decos. Existing assets? Reviving old content? Yeah boy!

ArenaNet may never go back and dig into the code of the original dungeons, but adding to the loot tables and reward goals is a great way to spice them up and bring veteran players back to them (though some of them, like me, never left).

• 3 months later...

I’d appreciate new rewards related to Dungeons too. Difficulty scaling based on the number of players would be nice too (this is what I hope we can get if ArenaNet will ever revisit them), but for me Dungeons are still enjoyable even without any change to the gameplay. Other than that, the only thing I desire is bug fixes.

The difficulty of Dungeons seems perfectly fine to me. Many enemies and encounters are deadlier than T4 Fractal encounters, but the enemies have way less Health and this is something I always enjoyed. I hate long fights and I have troubles fighting for long. Also, if I don’t have to rely too much on the fighting ability of my friends is nice to me, so every of us can enjoy the game in a more spontaneous way.

Dungeons was never hard for well organised/experienced groups, but still they was perceived as hardcore content, the main Focus was on optimising everything and speeding up the completition, a never ending challenge for most people. In Dungeons, strategy count much more than in other endgame content and it is much more than just fighting strategy.

Right now I can take inexperienced people with me in Dungeons, teaching them things while completing the instances not too slowly if we are less than 5 players (even only 2 in some Dungeon and I love that). That feels nice to me and they enjoy doing that.

Completing Dungeons with less than 5 players, for me, is far more enjoyable, since I can see things more clearly while fighting, without the need of those coloured and immersion breaking indicators of incoming attacks. I see the current state of Dungeons as something potentially closer to the original idea of Guild Wars 2 shared by ArenaNet.

per last 6 weeks I complete aprox 80+ dungeons. This already good profitable content. Also with good party this is very very profitable content.Dungions tokens if you not need them easy convert to gold for me.

You have ascended in raids, you have ascended in fractals, you can have some in wvw or pvp, hoard possible at tequalt or triple troubles , ascended for strikes crystals, why not dungeons?!this is not Top content. This is valid and good content.

@"lare.5129" said:

You have ascended in raids, you have ascended in fractals, you can have some in wvw or pvp, hoard possible at tequalt or triple troubles , ascended for strikes crystals, why not dungeons?!this is not Top content. This is valid and good content.And why dungeons are not "valid" or "good"? Just because you said so?

As far as difficulty goes, dungeons are in no way less difficult than some of the Strikes and Fractals. So, if you think some of those things are "top content" and some are not, remember it's only a matter of purely arbitrary (and subjective) designation, nothing more. There's no meaningful difference.

And before you say that dungeons are abandoned content, need i remind you that so are Raids?

@"Astralporing.1957" said:And why dungeons are not "valid" or "good"?I say that it is already valid and good, and don't need improvement. Any dungeon runner can craft ancient armor already.

Just because you said so?yes. This is good and valid for me. All that I say in primary how it is for me.

So, if you think some of those things are "top content" and some are not, remember it's only a matter of purely arbitrary (and subjective) designation, nothing more.we can understand word "top" as we want, it can depend from not only as difficult it or not. It also include realize date, reward, some rare legendary skins, and etc.

And before you say that dungeons are abandoned content, need i remind you that so are Raids?remind for me? As I say I compete 80+ dungeons per last 6 week. And for me both then content is not abandoned. If we not see any path in 3-4 years - this is not mean that this is abandon We have persons who think that content abandon if we not see some update per 4 weeks .. It very very depend from point from view.