1st is you asking if hes ready to talk, or if hes still sulking
https://i.imgur.com/XgGuJ8P.jpg

2nd is you asking about how did Ryland/Jormag happen
https://i.imgur.com/wia9vot.jpg

3rd is you asking him if he ever suspected Jormag was just using him
https://imgur.com/fkKqGqk

These new conversations reveal some stuff
1. Bangar was hearing the whispers, and admits Jormag was playing him
2. Ryland apparently never heard the whispers at all.

Comments

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 18, 2020

I didn't get any new dialogue beyond saying just because he can talk, doesn't mean he will

edit: nvm I re-zoned and it appeared

Hope we can replay it all with VA

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Harak.8397Harak.8397 Member ✭✭✭

Would be criminal if we couldn't, his VA is excellent. :)

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully this will all be voice acted at some point.

• Sajuuk Khar.1509Sajuuk Khar.1509 Member ✭✭✭✭

Here is this weeks updates for the Bangar achievement.

Basically, Rytlock questions how Bangar could let what happened with Ryland happen, and says he should have gone back to the homelands a long time ago, and Bangar says Rytlock has forgotten what it means to be Charr.

• Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:
    Here is this weeks updates for the Bangar achievement.

Basically, Rytlock questions how Bangar could let what happened with Ryland happen, and says he should have gone back to the homelands a long time ago, and Bangar says Rytlock has forgotten what it means to be Charr.

I really enjoy these little snippets of content, lore and dialogue every few weeks. I hope they keep these things up. Reminds me of the little mini content patches between releases in Season 3.

• Funky.4861Funky.4861 Member ✭✭✭

I'm actually disgusted that the Charr "...don't have sons". Also the second line above it; where Bangar admires the mother (Crecia) and dismisses Rytlock, the father. It really shines a spotlight on the disposable male trope, like their male cubs are just meaningless meat to be fed into the war machine. It's telling that they specify their sons, not their daughters, as it ties in very well with some current real-world radical ideological opinions. If anet wanted to make the Charr truly monstrous (in more than just appearance) they have succeeded.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Funky.4861 said:
    I'm actually disgusted that the Charr "...don't have sons". Also the second line above it; where Bangar admires the mother (Crecia) and dismisses Rytlock, the father. It really shines a spotlight on the disposable male trope, like their male cubs are just meaningless meat to be fed into the war machine. It's telling that they specify their sons, not their daughters, as it ties in very well with some current real-world radical ideological opinions. If anet wanted to make the Charr truly monstrous (in more than just appearance) they have succeeded.

That's just your human point of view though.
    What did you think they are like when they don't care for their children and just drop them off and don't look back?
    What this actually does is cement the fact that they are extremely war minded and that many of their leaders don't have a regard for the individual, just the cause they fight for.

I rather choose death.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Funky.4861 said:

That's just your human point of view though.
    What did you think they are like when they don't care for their children and just drop them off and don't look back?
    What this actually does is cement the fact that they are extremely war minded and that many of their leaders don't have a regard for the individual, just the cause they fight for.

It's my human point of view because i'm not a Charr IRL, nor do i RP as one. The point i'm making is that Bangar specifies sons, NOT children, meaning that their daughters have value but their sons are trash. So by extension, every player-made male charr is also worthless- this is a very damaging stance to take, to know that every member of your race thinks less of you that the soles of their paws. Would you be so agreeable if the genders were swapped? I wouldn't be, because i think all children are valuable.

You are both missing the point. It's extremely sexist and in my opinion indefensible. I doubt either of you would adopt the stance you have if Bangar had said 'daughters' and ryland had been female. If it doesn't pass the genderswap test, then it's discrimination. It's alienating and othering, and really makes me think about deleting the only charr character i have- I want nothing to do with such blatant misandry.

There is nothing that i've come across in Charr lore (as far as gw2 is concerned) to indicate that they view their males as completely disposable. I remember that there was an all-female warband and that Almorra played a key part in validating females, who seemed to be protected in a similar gynocentric way to most mammal groups, but this is the first line i've seen which has thrown their males into the composter.

P.s. I'm not bad at understanding media; i'm bad at accepting a radical ideology, seemingly at odds with the culture it's embedded in, being suddenly imposed onto my character.

I think the Olmakhan have it right.

• Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Funky.4861 said:
    I think the Olmakhan have it right.

And perhaps seeing the Olmakhan and their society rubbed off on Rytlock, since we don’t hear much about his kids until after they come into the story.

• @Funky.4861 said:
    I'm actually disgusted that the Charr "...don't have sons". Also the second line above it; where Bangar admires the mother (Crecia) and dismisses Rytlock, the father.

Bangar isn't dismissing Rytlock in that line. He is saying that Ryland has personalities from both his parents, but that he did not suspect that Rytlock's history of usurping superiors in often violent ways would show up in Ryland. He is saying that Ryland betraying him, is obviously a result of personalities acquired from Rytlock... because Rytlock had been just as brutal in the past.

Also Bangar isn't admiring Crecia. He is simply saying he though Ryland was enough like Crecia, that he could keep Ryland by his side, just like Crecia has been all this time. Crecia is Bangar's loyal second in command even through the end of the prologue, so he hoped Ryland would be just like so.

Bangar is just saying, that in hindsight, he should have balanced the idea that Ryland could be loyal like Crecia or power hungry like Rytlock, and that he misjudged Ryland to not be like Rytlock.
    Of course the Rytlock the commander knows is vastly different that the Rytlock that Bangar saw in the past. And Bangar has been trying to tease the old Rytlock out for who knows why. Maybe just to prove a point? Or maybe Bangar is just too lost in how an ideal charr should act in legion culture.

And Bangar, saying charr have no children (he does mean "children" not just "sons", because that is the cultural "norm" in charr legions) is just trying to antagonize Rytlock, because at the end of the day, charr only pretend to not have/care about (grown) children. It is a lie. Sure children are raised in the fahrar at which point parents (should) give up interest in them. But it isn't what many charr want or actually do. It is debunked in the lore, in the charr personal story. The biological family is very suppressed in charr legion culture, but that culture is antagonistic to their actual behavior.

That is also why the Olmakhan are so different too. They seem to be more in tune with nature, including their own nature.

• Galmac.4680Galmac.4680 Member ✭✭✭

It's tuesday, my dudes. So, any updates? As last week Bangar stayed silent, this week he should talk again.

Praise Joko! And Bangar, we need to talk!

• Sajuuk Khar.1509Sajuuk Khar.1509 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nope, Bangar is still silent today.

• My god... wait 3 weeks for 3 scripts lines maybe... :'( bad achievement :(

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kalythsu.8350 said:
    My god... wait 3 weeks for 3 scripts lines maybe... :'( bad achievement :(

True words.

• Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kalythsu.8350 said:

It's a story update that's trickled in between the episode releases, so expect it to take ~2 months total. Note that the steps aren't on a timer but rather unlock on specific dates, so you can simply come back at the very end to do them all at once, and probably with voices.

• @Healix.5819 said:

@Kalythsu.8350 said:

It's a story update that's trickled in between the episode releases, so expect it to take ~2 months total. Note that the steps aren't on a timer but rather unlock on specific dates, so you can simply come back at the very end to do them all at once, and probably with voices.

Yes I know. It will be 2 months at the end of September that we have this achievement. We will wait 2 more months for the continuation and the end? This achievement is abused. There was more fun as a way to give information about the rest of the story I find :'(

• Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2020

@Bander.5194 said:

@Healix.5819 said:

@Kalythsu.8350 said:

It would just be helpful if either in the achievement or by a dev's response we had confirmation of what exactly these unlock dates are. Right now I'm just constantly and pointlessly trying to get Bangar to talk to me every week and it's annoying. Overall it's a minor inconvenience, so it's not like I'm going to riot or anything, but it just feels like sloppy implementation.

Well you know you can just go to achieve and you can see the next section unlocks instead of going to him and trying to talk and getting frustrated. Takes 2 secs and you can see from anywhere. There is no set time table and the obsession by some not saying you over some pointless achieve is odd. We have it started so even if we stopped playing for 2 months I bet we could catch up

WvW band wagoners ruin the game mode just like Karen's ruin these forums.

• Bander.5194Bander.5194 Member ✭✭

Yes, I'm aware of how achievements work. I wasn't asking for advice. It's clear to anyone that is following this achievement that there's no time table, hence the other threads on this topic. I'm not really sure why it's a mystery that people care about the story and how it's progressing either, but that also seems besides the point. My opinion still stands, it would have been better to have a more concrete timetable...and this is literally just my opinion.

• Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Bander.5194 said:
    Yes, I'm aware of how achievements work. I wasn't asking for advice. It's clear to anyone that is following this achievement that there's no time table, hence the other threads on this topic. I'm not really sure why it's a mystery that people care about the story and how it's progressing either, but that also seems besides the point. My opinion still stands, it would have been better to have a more concrete timetable...and this is literally just my opinion.

Ok, My bad for engaging. I saw the constantly and pointlessly trying to get Bangar to talk to me every week and it's annoying thing you wrote so I told you an alternative but I see now you know how achievements work and just constantly and pointlessly try to get Bangar to talk to you every week with that knowledge. I won't engage with you again

WvW band wagoners ruin the game mode just like Karen's ruin these forums.

• It is called living world for a reason. It gives that sense of time progression as the story goes on, and the world “evolves”. Just like how people won’t ever experience south drizzlewood only anymore. The map evolved into a bigger map and the two metas combined. Bangar isn’t going to tell everything at once, and that’s expected. Maybe he doesn’t know what’s going on yet, and Jormag is piecemeiling info to him as is needed. It is only information and teasers as to what is to come. Not sure why people are feeling entitled to know everything right now. It’s a build-up, and doing it all at once would be a little too rushed.

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

has he spoken yet?

• Kalythsu.8350Kalythsu.8350 Member ✭✭
    edited September 17, 2020

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:
    It is called living world for a reason. It gives that sense of time progression as the story goes on, and the world “evolves”. Just like how people won’t ever experience south drizzlewood only anymore. The map evolved into a bigger map and the two metas combined. Bangar isn’t going to tell everything at once, and that’s expected. Maybe he doesn’t know what’s going on yet, and Jormag is piecemeiling info to him as is needed. It is only information and teasers as to what is to come. Not sure why people are feeling entitled to know everything right now. It’s a build-up, and doing it all at once would be a little too rushed.

Why not? ^^ Everyone has the right to be impatient or not. Some people can't wait for a movie/series/other to come out. It's the same here. Some are eager to know the rest of the story (like me ;) )

But waiting 1 month for "3 lines of dialogue" is really light.