Nothing like,

Bast.7253

Spending 20 minutes siegeing up a tier 3 tower just to have another server wait until your server is so dead they can throw so many bodies at it that nothing you do can make an impact.

What is the point of "Outnumbered?" It feels like the vast majority of this game mode is just playing when other servers aren't playing?

And why do we have countless "pull" skills in the game that make your ability to defend a tower/keep nearly impossible? Mesmer focus pulling you up and around walls with no los, necro aoe pulls and countless other 1200 yard range pulls. It's a really nasty mechanic for this game mode and we already have countless large aoe long ranged skills capable of nuking most siege building sites, for things like arrow carts (which do next to nothing against a large zerg unless you've got 4+ of them and have some other way of applying pressure.)

I'm just not really sure what the point is in playing when your server doesn't have 50 people or why the numbers can be so grossly imbalanced any given time of the day.

Has it always been like this or has it gotten worse over time?

@"Bast.7253" said:Spending 20 minutes siegeing up a tier 3 tower just to have another server wait until your server is so dead they can throw so many bodies at it that nothing you do can make an impact.

What is the point of "Outnumbered?" It feels like the vast majority of this game mode is just playing when other servers aren't playing?

And why do we have countless "pull" skills in the game that make your ability to defend a tower/keep nearly impossible? Mesmer focus pulling you up and around walls with no los, necro aoe pulls and countless other 1200 yard range pulls. It's a really nasty mechanic for this game mode and we already have countless large aoe long ranged skills capable of nuking most siege building sites, for things like arrow carts (which do next to nothing against a large zerg unless you've got 4+ of them and have some other way of applying pressure.)

I'm just not really sure what the point is in playing when your server doesn't have 50 people or why the numbers can be so grossly imbalanced any given time of the day.

Has it always been like this or has it gotten worse over time?

Clown control skills were increased exponentially with the HoT expac and inadvertently caused yet more detrimental effects to occur in WvW. The reason was the introduction of Breakbar mechanics on PvE bosses.

PoF gave everybody more of everything (except health), so that's just made everything worse. CC is insane right now, but I'm sure everybody in PvE is having a beano. What a mess!

@Justine.6351 said:Make a burn dh. Kills siege and noobs without discrimination.

Definitely going to try this while no downstate is here. I heard it was strong. I've had a lot of fun with my glass power dragonhunter. I just figured not having cover conditions would make a burn build kind of pointless but I guess if you time it right it can probably be pretty good.

@Bast.7253 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Make a burn dh. Kills siege and noobs without discrimination.

Definitely going to try this while no downstate is here. I heard it was strong. I've had a lot of fun with my glass power dragonhunter. I just figured not having cover conditions would make a burn build kind of pointless but I guess if you time it right it can probably be pretty good.

I use my template slots for both.Glass dh for blowing up thievesBurn dh for monkeys and siege

@Bast.7253 said:Spending 20 minutes siegeing up a tier 3 tower just to have another server wait until your server is so dead they can throw so many bodies at it that nothing you do can make an impact.

Honestly it used to take hours and then the same would occur and you might have been out coin as well from paying for those upgrades. I agree that there could be more things for players to do in objective upgrades, and I was wasn't asking for the auto-upgrades that we have, but it has cut down on some of the bitterness if you were part of hours long upgrades that were just smashed when your side doesn't show up for a defense that could have been managed. What's worse was when it was the mindset stated in chat don't worry we will be back after they are done to just recap it. That's why I do still support the idea that higher tiered objectives should be more valuable, just to at least combat k-training on top of every other reason we can get to want to defend.

Better hunting!