Nerf condi?

Noah Salazar.5430

I know that in groups you can have dedicated role to managing condi clease for you, but on smaller scale in my opinion you have not so much options to build against condiMost condi builds can spam with protection boon, build toughness, same as take runes with toughness and condi dmg/duration in same time

As power user, you can't build with stats against condi(expect of, runes that have some condi time reduction,have condi dmg or toughness stats witchout power) what is too much punishment to take, also the more condi clease you take, less dmg you do, same as condi spells are much harder to dodge compare to power spells that looks more impactful and are eazier to dodgesame as resistence boon are more rare compare to protection boon

The only option are maruder gear + superior rune of holo/vampirism

so here is my question? schold condi got bit nerfed by 15% dmg, or some duration time cut?

as alternative thay culd add that rune to game to help power users that are despending on team less https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/110453/superior-rune-of-menzies#latest

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus those options... do people still wonder why I so predictably complain about polls? Yeah. Look at this.

Either way, as has been stated over and over and over and over again, there are still some very specific overperforming builds and interactions with some very specific runes. We all know which. I bet even the OP knows. Yet here it is again, a poll throwing out the word condi like its candy.

Or what, we need to nerf the horribly broken overpowered meta condi warrior that everyone is running now?

Jesus those options... do people still wonder why I so predictably complain about polls? Yeah. Look at this.

Either way, as has been stated over and over and over and over again, there are still some very specific overperforming builds and interactions with some very specific runes. We all know which. I bet even the OP knows. Yet here it is again, a poll throwing out the word condi like its candy.

Or what, we need to nerf the horribly broken overpowered meta condi warrior that everyone is running now?

@Dawdler.8521i not said that condi are op, i asked only for small nerf or adional runes that help build against condi on smaller scale fights, wher you don't have person to clean condi for you

also that if you chose to build against condi you geting too much punishment for that

Are you even readed topic?

I think removing both the Condi and Boon caps were TERRIBLE for WvW/PvP. Fine in PvE, literally do whatever there it's not competitive, but in WvW and PvP it's terrbile and just contributes to more lag fest.

Bring the 25 caps back to BOTH boons and Condi. Condi should be a bonus to actual purposeful power attacks, not the entire passive damage build while you sit safely in Trailblazer armor/gear.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:I think removing both the Condi and Boon caps were TERRIBLE for WvW/PvP. Fine in PvE, literally do whatever there it's not competitive, but in WvW and PvP it's terrbile and just contributes to more lag fest.

Bring the 25 caps back to BOTH boons and Condi. Condi should be a bonus to actual purposeful power attacks, not the entire passive damage build while you sit safely in Trailblazer armor/gear.

Which boons are uncapped?

@ASP.8093 said:

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:I think removing both the Condi and Boon caps were TERRIBLE for WvW/PvP. Fine in PvE, literally do whatever there it's not competitive, but in WvW and PvP it's terrbile and just contributes to more lag fest.

Which boons are uncapped?

Technically boons are capped, you are correct, but the method of increasing durations is part of the issue with the current boon ball meta and makes them act very much like they are uncapped. And how stupidly fast they re-apply.

People like to forget with the “lets return to caps” is that it only punishes having multiple players of mixed types.

Some power weapons apply condi. So in a system with caps they overwrite stacks of condi from condi players. This also means that in group fights a condi player does laughable amounts of damage because they get one tick of maybe 3 stacks of a condi before someone else’s condi overwrites them. It’s, from a condi players perspective, as if allied players are cleansing for their enemies.

In 1v1, you will still die to condi because it generally never reaches the condi cap solo. In a group it unfairly neuters the condi player while giving an advantage to the player being hit repeatedly.

If you get spiked by 5 players with condi you should die. Sadly, even today a multiple person condi spike is still manageable in a way that a multiple person power spike isn’t. Making it even easier to not die to condi is unwarranted and going back to the way it was before condi was allowed to stack up is detrimental to build diversity in the game mode.

I play both condi and power solo roam builds, but strictly play power in small groups to zergs because condi becomes useless in larger grp sizes. My roaming power builds always run heavy condi removal, many time including antitox as my runeset. I have never had an issue fighting condi due to this.

Yes, it is a sacrifice. However, the tools are there and dont impact my playstyle much, but completely neuter condi players I come across.

The only condition I have an issue with is stacking immobilization when used by organized guild gank groups.

That should never have been a thing, but instead each use should overwrite the previous.

Like between Scrapper, FB, and Focus Tempest (water/fire build) you don't have condis on you ever. Tempest alone can belt out a ton of cleanses, Firebrand has a ton and scrapper has a fair amount as well. Also from a balance standpoint, if you could power cleanse condis on every class and minimize them, everyone would just play power. And yeah you trade damage for not taking damage, I'm pretty sure that's just a thing in games...

Condition damage is in a fine spot if ANYTHING Condis need to be buffed by them transferring to Down State. If condition damage was SOOO OVERPOWERED every zerg would run it. But they don't they all run Zerkers glassy builds. Yes Condi is strong in a 1v1 / Roaming but there are ways to counter that by using skills and other sources to cleanse or reduce condi duration.

@Demon Puppet.6873 said:Condition damage is in a fine spot if ANYTHING Condis need to be buffed by them transferring to Down State. If condition damage was SOOO OVERPOWERED every zerg would run it. But they don't they all run Zerkers glassy builds. Yes Condi is strong in a 1v1 / Roaming but there are ways to counter that by using skills and other sources to cleanse or reduce condi duration.

In fairness, I've seen condition-heavy zergs, too. It's a weird experience because their burst is definitely slower, so that moment between getting pathologically stunlocked and actually dying really drags into eternity.

I think a lot of the strength of conditions in 1v1 comes from being able to stack defensive stats more so than the DPS output of the conditions themselves. If all those Trailblazer builds were as squishy as WvW Marauder builds, they'd just be straight-up worse in almost every way.

Power damage needs to be increased. How many of us said there would be an issue once all power damage across the board was lowered? Condition would suddenly be a problem because it makes it nearly impossible for the average person to match or outperform a condition user, especially if they are bunker condition. But people need to realize they can't lower or even tinker with conditions. Cleanses still exist, as does resistance. With the right rotation (and it's not hard to maintain), complete immunity to conditions can be upheld. So what's the real solution? Reverse the power damage changes back to their original state.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:Power damage needs to be increased. How many of us said there would be an issue once all power damage across the board was lowered? Condition would suddenly be a problem because it makes it nearly impossible for the average person to match or outperform a condition user, especially if they are bunker condition. But people need to realize they can't lower or even tinker with conditions. Cleanses still exist, as does resistance. With the right rotation (and it's not hard to maintain), complete immunity to conditions can be upheld. So what's the real solution? Reverse the power damage changes back to their original state.Except power is still zerg meta and most small group also run power.

@Shiyo.3578 said:The issue is trailblazers gear, not condis. Double defensive stat gear is unhealthy.

Yet no one complains about Soldier, Minstrel, Paladin (in PvP), Nomad, Sentinel, or Wanderer's Gear. Gee, wonder why?

Oh, yeah, none of them have your double defense option with Condi so you can just stack conditions and wait them out. The only other one that get's hate like Trailblazer is Dire, which is Trailblazer for the poor.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@"Shiyo.3578" said:The issue is trailblazers gear, not condis. Double defensive stat gear is unhealthy.

Yet no one complains about Soldier, Minstrel, Paladin (in PvP), Nomad, Sentinel, or Wanderer's Gear. Gee, wonder why?

Oh, yeah, none of them have your double defense option with Condi so you can just stack conditions and wait them out. The only other one that get's hate like Trailblazer is Dire, which is Trailblazer for the poor.

"No one complains" about Minstrel? You must not read the WvW forum much. (Honestly? That's a reasonable choice. Save yourself!)

Slap Nomad gear on a thief and you'll get tons of complaints lobbed your way, too.

• 2 weeks later...

So i dont mind if anet dont nerf condi but if return power builds to it normal dmg + cc dmg.Also if anet so forcing condi mb you should think about removing dmg from condi skills? like you did with cc?Also, why you so hate warrior hammer skills?! Keep your hand away from warriors! Stop this genocide!Realy, i tired to use bunker build with 90% condi cleanse only coz of this stupid meta!And ofc the meme: