Power revenant is new easymode.

zyra.7860

I think power revenant is new choice for people who want to have easy wins with low effort or low invidual skill in game. Double swords are hitting like truck, same time when passive dmg from impossible odds and shiro heal daggers are shredding my body apart. When i have my window to try punish that little evil person, its staff evade chains followed with shiro evades, if the revenant is especially bad, he will be still saved by 50 IQ panic button - glint heal.

Why You - Mr.Arenanet allow such low brain class to exist in game, i know there need to be easier classes for younger and new pvp players, but this is a bit too much. Can we increase rev's difficulty level from super easy to medium, maybe?

like i said months ago, once the the condis gone, power rev is going straight back up, the only thing that were holding power rev back is condi thief and condi rev, specially condi thief.power rev got removed from meta by condi thiefso people played condi revand thief played power daredevil to kill condi rev, on top of nerfs to condi rev and condi thiefso now power rev is back because condi thief is not played,

but condi thief still wreck power rev tho..we will see which build is favored by the meta, as long as condi thief is played in meta, power rev can't make it back.

@zyra.7860 said:I think power revenant is new choice for people who want to have easy wins with low effort or low invidual skill in game. Double swords are hitting like truck, same time when passive dmg from impossible odds and shiro heal daggers are shredding my body apart. When i have my window to try punish that little evil person, its staff evade chains followed with shiro evades, if the revenant is especially bad, he will be still saved by 50 IQ panic button - glint heal.

Why You - Mr.Arenanet allow such low brain class to exist in game, i know there need to be easier classes for younger and new pvp players, but this is a bit too much. Can we increase rev's difficulty level from super easy to medium, maybe?

You started a thread in April saying that the power Rev was your favourite class and was nerfed and hitted like a noddle and now you start another saying exactly the opposite... How can you expect to be taken seriously?

Same problem as always. IL is the best healing ability in the game, not even close. No cast time, 30s cd, 3s invuln+. Condi full heals you, AoEs full heal you, and the tiny visual effect gets easily lost in the visual clutter, especially with no cast animation.

Power rev's damage is about right for the class. The problem is that almost no class in the game can out-duel them due to IL. You have to be super precise not to hit during IL and even then, rev gets a 2nd heal. Throw a 3s block on 25s cd with heal on shield 5 and the sustain is absurd with no healing power or defensive stats. Until you bring IL on par with other heals/invulns in the game, rev will always be strong.

@Zephoid.4263 said:Same problem as always. IL is the best healing ability in the game, not even close.

Person who doesn't have stow weapons keybound spotted.

I've been playing meme renegade builds for the past few months and dumpster on every rev I come across that is using the standard Shiro/Glint old IL meta build. Ever since sustain on Devestation got nerfed and damage on CC got removed, Shiro/Glint has some of the worst sustain in the game.

How to nullify IL:

1. Bind stow weapons to a easily accessible key and learn to use it regularly.
  2. -optional- As soon as the Herald pops IL, CC them ( Herald has zero stab )
  3. stow weapons
  4. You have won the fight

And I love how people think it's an high skill class.Rev was many time ago a class that required brain to use.In the last years even a monkey can play it, and who says the opposite is just delusional, same as holo.You can afford multiple mistakes and still win regardeless, Sword3 with impossible odds can almost down 100 to 0 any class, pressing few buttons, then you add sword4, sword5 sword2, rotate defense and repeat.Of course condi rev was even worse, instead of 2 braincells, it required just 1, but yeah.

No point of complaining, those classes and build will always exist in the game because of how poorly the game is balanced, so it's either stop playing, or play those easymode specs too.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

@Zephoid.4263 said:Same problem as always. IL is the best healing ability in the game, not even close.

I've been playing meme renegade builds for the past few months and dumpster on every rev I come across that is using the standard Shiro/Glint old IL meta build. Ever since sustain on Devestation got nerfed and damage on CC got removed, Shiro/Glint has some of the worst sustain in the game.

How to nullify IL:
  3. stow weapons

Condi's still tick, aoe's still tick, etc. Don't even try to defend infuse light.

@felix.2386 said:like i said months ago, once the the condis gone, power rev is going straight back up, the only thing that were holding power rev back is condi thief and condi rev, specially condi thief.power rev got removed from meta by condi thiefso people played condi revand thief played power daredevil to kill condi rev, on top of nerfs to condi rev and condi thiefso now power rev is back because condi thief is not played,

but condi thief still wreck power rev tho..we will see which build is favored by the meta, as long as condi thief is played in meta, power rev can't make it back.

Power rev was changed by nades holo , nades holo equal power rev and do its job even better

@FrownyClown.8402 said:The game is not poorly balanced though. You have a few outliers but many more options in unranked play. Also, rev is not overpowered. Imagine how dumb matches would be if holo and rev and thief got nerfed even harder. Tempest , fb, and necro would be the next op thing

What people don't understand: These builds keep a lot of tank breakers in check. There used to be builds which could counter bunkers easily, purely offensive zerker builds (DE, FA ele, etc.). Rev, thief and to a lesser extend holo completely invalidate those builds, because while only doing 90% of the damage, they have 200% their sustain. They are the hardcounters.

Get rid of those and you will get a whole new meta. Which - of course - Anet will never do, because of the incredibly high pace of adjustments. Same meta for years, no change, no new ideas, this is a major problem for competetive play.

@"Megametzler.5729" said:What people don't understand: These builds keep a lot of tank breakers in check.

There is a really easy fix to this which i really dont get why its not already a thing... Give everyone 1 amulet to use that has split stats.

Runes can stay the same, same as sigils.

"But build divercity?!" - You still have traits to control how tanky or suport like your build is.Now damage and healing can actually be balanced. We currently have a system where you can min>max defence and damage. Which causes huge problems where someone can be 100>0 from 1 or 2 skills.

This way (providing balance is actually done) tank builds can be kept in check, they would only be as tanky as the traits they pick rather than the Amulet and traits.

Balance can never be achieved when players can exploit builds that abuse traits and stats combined. Unless they manage to really pull it off on the next balance patch.

pepegas still at it, with their " just stow against IL "Mantra of distraction has equally as much counterplay as IL, Just stow 4Head, exept blind/aegis works too, so in fact IL has less counterplay.you see a big hit coming your way? IL, 1,8k heal, pulsing regeneration, big hits damage converted into healing and you also get 3s invuln, sounds sweet

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

How to nullify IL:
  3. stow weapons

again, condi still tickguard symbols still ticktraps still go offany ground based AoE still damage.

Seriously, you are defending a 3s invuln on a 30s cd AT WORST. every other invuln has been nerfed, how are you still defending this.

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:pepegas still at it, with their " just stow against IL "Mantra of distraction has equally as much counterplay as IL, Just stow 4Head, exept blind/aegis works too, so in fact IL has less counterplay.you see a big hit coming your way? IL, 1,8k heal, pulsing regeneration, big hits damage converted into healing and you also get 3s invuln, sounds sweet

I mean stowing or predicting when they're gunna pop IL is perfectly valid and easy to bait( i mean you can see the legend and if it's on upkeep). When people had decent damage you'd be able to punish a bad IL hard.

@Smoosh.2718 There's absolutely no chance they'll pull off anything anything exceptional next balance patch, it's just the way anet has been for years. Under delivering, over-hyping, clueless as ever.

Not true, Power Rev has always been one of the more mechanically challenging classes since it can allow very little facetanking and depends on a kind of gapless execution of its cds and movement to survive. It still has very strong skills like Glint heal or IO, but it's definitely not outperforming other dps specs like Reaper or Nade Holo atm, quite to the contrary, those 2 builds are generally preferred over Power Rev atm.

Easy builds are those like symbol guard who just mash their cds in a random order to put up passive pressure while their sustain allows them to keep facetanking, but definitely not squishy dps builds like Power Rev. If anything is broken about it than it is its easy and permanent access to portengages, but definitely not the damage it does or its ability to survive.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@"Megametzler.5729" said:What people don't understand: These builds keep a lot of tank breakers in check.

There is a really easy fix to this which i really dont get why its not already a thing... Give everyone 1 amulet to use that has split stats.

Runes can stay the same, same as sigils.

"But build divercity?!" - You still have traits to control how tanky or suport like your build is.Now damage and healing can actually be balanced. We currently have a system where you can min>max defence and damage. Which causes huge problems where someone can be 100>0 from 1 or 2 skills.

This way (providing balance is actually done) tank builds can be kept in check, they would only be as tanky as the traits they pick rather than the Amulet and traits.

Balance can never be achieved when players can exploit builds that abuse traits and stats combined. Unless they manage to really pull it off on the next balance patch.

Or better yet. In PvP and ONLY IN Spvp make it that your class has two options A or B and those two options are balanced for the game mode, you can edit nothing and can change nothing. You must play this way and only this way so everyone can stop complaining because if it exists as it does, then its intended to work this way and play this way. HOWEVER. They'd need to split the WvW balance from PvP which I WISH they already had done~ Because WvW doesn't need to be bogged down by changes made for PvP.

PvP is the reason why WvW feels so wonky right now.