My humble opinion on what needs to change

Girth.9731

Hi there,

After making a somewhat unproductive post last week about the state of Warrior, I decided to hop back into the game again and see how the class felt. To my pleasant surprise, it wasn't as bad as I had remembered a few months ago. Despite this, there are certainly a few changes that I think need to happen. I intend to go through each weapon, utility, and trait that needs a change and explain what needs to be changed and why. Obviously, any number changes I give are just ballparks so don't get your panties in a wad if I suggest something that seem a bit over-tuned. Feel free to comment with something I missed or if you feel one of my suggestions didn't make much sense, but lets try to keep it civil. For the sake of being somewhat brief, this post will only address the weapon skills. All that being said, here are my humble opinions on what needs to change for the Warrior.

Weapons

Greatsword

1. Hundred Blades - Reduce the cast time to 3s.Explanation - This is one of the hardest skills to land in the entire game. Its a melee range, channeled skill that roots you in place for 3.5s. As is, you will rarely ever be able to land this skill in its entirety on an opponent, even after landing a hard CC like Bull's Charge. By reducing the channel time, the skill would have a bit more payoff and you would have a chance of landing the entire skill on an opponent. I feel a slight reduction in its channel time would be safe.

Longbow

1. Fan of Fire - Narrow the size of the cone.Explanation - At the moment, the cone of arrows shot by this skill spreads so quickly that you have to be at virtually melee range in order to hit your opponent. This feels very strange on a ranged weapon.

2. Arcing Arrow - Reduce the physical damage by 90%. This skill now applies a 0.5s daze. Add 5 stacks of confusion for 4s and 6 stacks of vulnerability for 8s.Explanation - Arcing Arrow just doesn't fit very well into the Longbow kit. Changing it to a condi skill will give the Longbow a more focused and clear identity. I like the idea of it inflicting vulnerability and confusion as I always imagined the skill as this big arcing arrow that explodes when it hits the ground, cracking the armor of anyone nearby and disorienting them. If timed correctly, would be a good way of amplifying your damage after condi-loading your opponent.

Rifle

1. Killshot - Allow this skill to be cast while moving.Explanation - With a 1.25s cast time, this skill has a huge tell. Considered that the damage you get for that cast time is pretty good, but not insane, I think that allowing the Warrior to stay mobile while casting the skill would be a good change.

Axe

1. Eviscerate/Decapitate - Increase the might gained to 5 stacks but for 3s.Explanation - At the moment, these skills grant a measly 1 might for 5s. At one stack of might, it just doesn't have any real impact on how you are going to play the weapon. By increasing the might gain to 5 stacks but shortening the duration, it gives the player incentive to try and land some damage after hitting their burst skill. Additionally, it also provides more identity to the Axe as being the in-your-face, raw damage weapon and opens more opportunities for synergy.

Sword

1. Flurry - Replace it with Final Thrust. Reduce the physical damage by 90%. The skill now inflicts 6 stacks of bleeding for 8s when the target is above 50% health and 12 stacks of bleeding for 8s when the target is below 50% health.Explanation - Flurry just doesn't work. Final Thrust should replace it and be converted to a purely condi skill to solidify the identity of the Sword as a condi weapon. I want to see Sword become a weapon that's all about mobility and chasing your opponent down, not sitting there swinging your sword in the air for ages.

2. Final Thrust - Move it to the Burst slot and replace it with a new skill called "Gash" with a 10 second cooldown and 0.5 second cast time. Gash inflicts 4 stacks of bleed for 8s. If the target is already bleeding, Gash will also inflict 10 stacks of vulnerability for 8s.Explanation - As a bit of homage to GW1, this skill would fit very nicely into GW2 in my opinion. I think it would be cool to have a weapon with skills that benefit from being used in a particular order. You could auto attack to inflict some bleeding and build up adrenaline, use Gash to inflict some vulnerability, and then land Final Thrust for a nice condi burst that would synergize with the vulnerability you just inflicted.

Torch

1. Flames of War - Completely rework the skill. Increase the cooldown to 30s. You now take no damage from conditions and increase your outgoing condition damage by 3% for each condition on you for the duration of the skill. Apply 1 stack of burning to yourself for 5s upon activation. Any opponents who hit you while Flames of War is active, will be inflicted by 1 stack of burning for 5s.Explanation - I feel this skill is very lackluster at the moment and needs a big change to be turned into something cool. Removing conditions just doesn't fit the theme of Berserker IMO. I like the idea of turning yourself into this flaming Berserker who, for a short while, gets enraged by conditions and turns them into outgoing damage while spreading fire to anyone who trys to touch him. Maybe its too much, but I like it.

Well, that's all I have for the weapon changes. Weapons that I omitted are those that I feel are mostly fine as is.

none of these make warrior desirable in team comp tho...people have to understand the concept of team comps and what makes a class meta and tournament ready

first of all, nade holo and strength spellbreaker is actually very close if simply fighting 1v1 on point.but despite being so close why is nade holo meta and spellbreaker is completely trash?

because teamfights and utilities and support, nade holo completely destroy spellbreaker in teamfight,holo can elixir S for safe stomp/rez which is crucial in teamfights/2v2/3v3and aoe stealth/protection/super speed helps the teammate to build momentum or literally save teammates.

warrior is way too selfish for a class that lacks teleport/ability to stick and pressure enemy to compete with thief/rev as gank.only thing that's remotely playable is full counter because it is aoe daze that helps teammate from getting ganged, but that's about it..like if warrior has the ability to stick to enemy like thief/rev that's fine too as counter pressure to help teammate, but all warrior abilities fail to hit anything that's not facing warrior...that's why core war is completely ignore-able in 2v2/3v3 because it does nothing.

yeah there is too much wind up time on skills from warrior, and too short range to his someone who's running away...no pulls (and the tether range limit to pull is not a great mechanic...) unless something major changed, I'm giving up on it as a class for pvp...same thought is starting to creep it's way in for pve as well...long wind up for building damage (3 sec wind up is long for a 15s phase in Fractal CMs for example)

Shield: War shield is only shield that requires trait to have added secondary function, this needs to be fixed.Greatsword: Rush is on gs 5 is still missing targets most time.Sword: Main hand sword , would like trait rework to make it power or condi focused.Mace: rework to make it viable. Main hand and off hand both have no use in any game mode pve or pvp/wvw.