Summon for Scourge

Coeruleum.9164

Hello! I would like it if Dessicate were replaced with a completely different skill on Scourge that acts like a well skill or a mark and can summon a bunch of minions. I think it's weird that scourge doesn't have any new minion summon skills but it does have a close area skill that I don't think anyone even uses because that's not the point of scourge. Since all scourge skills are Punishment skills, it should turn a boon into cripple or torment and summon a minion for each enemy struck. Thanks!

Alternatively, there could be a trait that causes punishment skills to summon minions, kind of like sadistic searing, but don't replace it because that one actually is useful even if scourge does need more minion options.

Edit: This might be a better replacement for serpent siphon than dessicate, since apparently some people actually use dessicate for niche things but apparently literally no one uses serpent siphon. It would be replacing a well skill with another well skill too which is nice, and scourge would have an elite minion skill which seems proper for a necro spec.

I see Dessicate like a cheap version of blood is power.

Really who uses Dessicate and Serpent syphon? Dessicate is inferior on utility to blood is power and serpent syphon is too situational. Sometimes i use dessicate as a cheap version of blood is power to not deal with the condi damage corruption skills give to you.

These can be good skills which could give more might than currently gives or give other boons like quickness or alacrity and you can have a good suport scourge. Or make them deal a lot of bleeding, torment and burning and improve damage.

@Conqueror.3682 said:I see Dessicate like a cheap version of blood is power.

Really who uses Dessicate and Serpent syphon? Dessicate is inferior on utility to blood is power and serpent syphon is too situational. Sometimes i use dessicate as a cheap version of blood is power to not deal with the condi damage corruption skills give to you.

Yeah, noone does. Well, serpent siphon can be used on condi scourge in wvw for zergs, but who uses condi scourge in wvw? :D

Dessicate at least was bugged and used to be a whirl finisher.But that was bug fixed.With the buff to signet of the undeath, even the lifeforce gain from this skill can be ignored.So yes: another two extremely useless skills on necro.

These can be good skills which could give more might than currently gives or give other boons like quickness or alacrity and you can have a good suport scourge. Or make them deal a lot of bleeding, torment and burning and improve damage.

The problem is, as soon as you buff them to deal heavy condition damage, they might get overpowered for pvp modes

But I can see them giving useful boons. Making scourge an actual support and not just a noob carry

I would really like a summon for scourge though. Reaper has a summon, but I don't want to have to switch to playing a melee class just to have an elite summon.

@Coeruleum.9164 said:

I would really like a summon for scourge though. Reaper has a summon, but I don't want to have to switch to playing a melee class just to have an elite summon.

I think you are mixing up something. Summon Flesh Golem is core, not Reaper only. The Reaper special summon skill is Rise!

@LucianDK.8615 said:

I think you are mixing up something. Summon Flesh Golem is core, not Reaper only. The Reaper special summon skill is Rise!

Rise isn't an elite skill, but it is a skill attached to an elite spec and skills attached to elite specs are supposed to be better than core ones. Although I don't play reaper very much, my reaper build uses Rise! and ends up with tons of minions and I can still use other skills. On scourge I can't do that. So replacing Serpent Siphon with a skill that can spam a lot of minions would probably be the ideal thing to do. It's even built in what the minions can be: sand serpents!

New version of Serpent Siphon: Convert a boon into cripple and torment and summon a sand serpent. For each boon converted, create an additional sand serpent minion. Sand serpents add stacks of Cripple and Torment to enemies when they attack.

Now how's that for a skill that will actually get used? You can have a ton of sand serpent minions slithering everywhere similar to the Reaper's shambling horrors, and they're good kiting minions to parallel the Reaper's tanking minions.

@Coeruleum.9164 said:

Rise isn't an elite skill, but it is a skill attached to an elite spec and skills attached to elite specs are supposed to be better than core ones. Although I don't play reaper very much, my reaper build uses Rise! and ends up with tons of minions and I can still use other skills. On scourge I can't do that. So replacing Serpent Siphon with a skill that can spam a lot of minions would probably be the ideal thing to do. It's even built in what the minions can be: sand serpents!

New version of Serpent Siphon: Convert a boon into cripple and torment and summon a sand serpent. For each boon converted, create an additional sand serpent minion. Sand serpents add stacks of Cripple and Torment to enemies when they attack.

Now how's that for a skill that will actually get used? You can have a ton of sand serpent minions slithering everywhere similar to the Reaper's shambling horrors, and they're good kiting minions to parallel the Reaper's tanking minions.

you said: but I don't want to have to switch to playing a melee class just to have an elite summon. The elite summon is flesh golem, which is core and useable by scourge.

@Coeruleum.9164 said:

As Lucian said, minion skills are core, but for a summon hmmmmm, skeletons!! you see, that skill Garish Pillar, it sorts of summons an skeleton to fear enemies. It could be nice into the theme of Scourge to summon skeletons.

Make serpent siphon to summon skeletons!!

@Conqueror.3682 said:

As Lucian said, minion skills are core, but for a summon hmmmmm, skeletons!! you see, that skill Garish Pillar, it sorts of summons an skeleton to fear enemies. It could be nice into the theme of Scourge to summon skeletons.

Yeah, that would be even cooler than sand serpents, but I would just be happy with a skill that can make as many minions as Reaper's Rise! skill instead of a skill no one uses.

@Coeruleum.9164 said:

Yeah, that would be even cooler than sand serpents, but I would just be happy with a skill that can make as many minions as Reaper's Rise! skill instead of a skill no one uses.

Have you looked at the Lich's skills?In particular https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Summon_MadnessSummon MadnessMinion. Repeatedly summon minions that explode after a period of time if they are not killed.

Explosion Damage: 372 (1.25)? Minion Damage: 98 (0.33)? Number of Casts Minion Lifetime: 6 seconds Summon Interval: 1 second Radius: 240

@LucianDK.8615 said:

Have you looked at the Lich's skills?In particular
Summon MadnessMinion. Repeatedly summon minions that explode after a period of time if they are not killed.
 Explosion Damage: 372 (1.25)? Minion Damage: 98 (0.33)? Number of Casts Minion Lifetime: 6 seconds Summon Interval: 1 second Radius: 240

I already use that. I'd like something that can summon minions when you're not transformed, though lich form on scourge is great.