Experience from crafting toward mastery levels

I always wondered this too. Since my XP bar is usually full in Core Tyria (not enough mastery points), I tried crafting in PoF maps where I still have XP needed to fill up my mastery bar. Yep, the thing did not even budge. So, Ayrilana is right, no mastery XP from crafting. I'm sad about this too since my main still has half-way to max out his crafting. So it would seem better to create a new character, pop one of those birthday level boost scrolls that boost you to lvl 20 - 60 and level them the rest of the way to 80 by crafting. But mastery XP looks like it has to be gained from completing open world content.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Are you sure? Crafting does award XP, as well as crafting xp. It should move the XP bar for Core Tyria, I'd think.

I can't check because I've finished the Core Tyria Mastery Tracks.

The question asked was to differentiate. Crafting will NOT earn HoT or PoF experience. It only gives Tyria experience. (plus leveling the craft profession)EDIT: I see the fine point now. Will Tyria experience from crafting move Tyria mastery XP bars ... I'll see if I can test that on an alt acct.

I doesn't make any sense to my however that you would not get any experience from crafting toward mastery. Everything else does, why not crafting! The next thing I really don't get is, why even bother having a mastery track (Productive Downtime) that let's you gain more experience from crafting, that you don't get anyways. The whole thing is just weird. Maybe it was a bug and they were to lazy to fix it, and now it was meant to be this way! IDK

@Nimbly.6084 said:I doesn't make any sense to my however that you would not get any experience from crafting toward mastery. Everything else does, why not crafting! The next thing I really don't get is, why even bother having a mastery track (Productive Downtime) that let's you gain more experience from crafting, that you don't get anyways. The whole thing is just weird. Maybe it was a bug and they were to lazy to fix it, and now it was meant to be this way! IDK

Afaik the mastery buffs crafting experience, not the normal xp. Crafting xp is used for leveling the crafting discipline.