A Quick Building Tip

Kuma.1503

I find it better to learn what makes up a good build than to rely on metabattle to make one for you. The three things I try to shoot for in a build are:

1. Synnergy
  2. Condition Cleanse
  3. Stunbreaks (At least 2)

Synergy means that your traits, weapons, sigils, ect. compliment each other. One of my favorite examples is a Condi CC berserker that inflicts weakness and bleeding every time it controls you. You run aristocracy so that every time you apply weakness you gain might, and you run might makes right which causes the might you gain to heal you.

Several condition cleanses are a must. If you're playing a power build, the last thing you want is to get shut down by weakness. As an ele, chill is the single more debilitating condition in the game. A build without good cleanse is just asking to explode the instant a P/D thief looks at them.

Stunbreaks go without saying. Getting ping-ponged isn't fun. I aim for two because it lets me be a bit more liberal with my first stunbreak, sometimes using it aggressively if the time calls for it. For example, I might Elixir U for the might and quickness instead of for the stunbreak. I know I'll have a n Elixir S to fall back on if I need it.

So long as you've got those three bases covered, you should be good to go!

@Kuma.1503 said:I find it better to learn what makes up a good build than to rely on metabattle to make one for you. The three things I try to shoot for in a build are:

1. Synnergy
  2. Condition Cleanse

Synergy means that your traits, weapons, sigils, ect. compliment each other. One of my favorite examples is a Condi CC berserker that inflicts weakness and bleeding every time it controls you. You run aristocracy so that every time you apply weakness you gain might, and you run might makes right which causes the might you gain to heal you.

Several condition cleanses are a must. If you're playing a power build, the last thing you want is to get shut down by weakness. As an ele, chill is the single more debilitating condition in the game. A build without good cleanse is just asking to explode the instant a P/D thief looks at them.

Stunbreaks go without saying. Getting ping-ponged isn't fun. I aim for two because it lets me be a bit more liberal with my first stunbreak, sometimes using it aggressively if the time calls for it. For example, I might Elixir U for the might and quickness instead of for the stunbreak. I know I'll have a n Elixir S to fall back on if I need it.

So long as you've got those three bases covered, you should be good to go!There is another one you forgot: passive constant sustain.If your build doesn t heal/give regen on X or give barrier/aegis on Y or give damage reduction/ protection/blind on Z, chances are that your build is actually a meme.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@Kuma.1503 said:I find it better to learn what makes up a good build than to rely on metabattle to make one for you. The three things I try to shoot for in a build are:
  1. Synnergy
  2. Condition Cleanse

So long as you've got those three bases covered, you should be good to go!There is another one you forgot: passive constant sustain.If your build doesn t heal/give regen on X or give barrier/aegis on Y or give damage reduction/ protection/blind on Z, chances are that your build is actually a meme.

Very true, but I didn't note sustain because it tends to be more of a luxury compared to the other three. Mesmer being an example of a class that is low on sustain. Still important, but less essential.