[FIXED] Advanced Skimmer Course

The bug with the box can be worked around by clicking close after play. Another bug is up that when it tells you to dive on the skimmer you can't. I tried to work around by swimming the course without a skimmer but being a thief and with x16 swimming I'm still not fast enough. Please fix this asap, and thank ya.

it was done with mount but was difficult. Click to talk to race holder...next screen hold c and click to start race.. next screen while still holding c click play.. You should see the C at the bottom of the screen with an iconlet go the c key and quickly reclick and hold...if the c holds when you get to the first obstacle you will go under not over. While still holding c continue to the area where the popup occurs and once your skimmer starts to dive you can let go of the c key... the rest of the race is underwater till near the end.. when u surface use the space key for speed to the end... good luck

Think yourselves lucky you even get to try. I cant even finish Jormag Rising due to Lagg and Anets insistence to polarise content around good ping for which has become such an issue, with such problems as dc's, Name Server buffering errors etc, that generally, its very much unplayable at the best of times of the past several weeks.

@"FenixReborn.3218" said:I make a vídeo for workaround

This doesn't work for everyone, they need to fix this issue ASAP. I tried getting Silver for 3 hours and used 3 characters with varying numbers of speed buffs/skills, including Raptor/Jackal for the ending but I was half a second too slow still. Plus there are 2 wooden pillars in the way at the final turn that I got stuck on a number of times and ruined what would've been successful runs.

I got this to work two ways - the first is to hold down C before the "reset" message comes up, as the guy explained above. The second, I just did it "on foot" with a Soulbeast - use your skimmer as normal at the beginning, then barrel roll into the first underwater one. Make sure you can give yourself permanent swiftness or superspeed, I also used the dash 3 times on ranger spear #3. There is a section in the middle where you can skimmer up again before going underwater a 2nd time. Towards the end, Skimmer as soon as the bubble is on the water's surface then quickly swap to jackal or raptor when on the dry land. I made it with several seconds to spare.

Obviously a fix is needed, but that will work in the meantime. You could probably do it on any class.

@Caitybee.3614 said:

@"FenixReborn.3218" said:I make a vídeo for workaround

This doesn't work for everyone, they need to fix this issue ASAP. I tried getting Silver for 3 hours and used 3 characters with varying numbers of speed buffs/skills, including Raptor/Jackal for the ending but I was half a second too slow still. Plus there are 2 wooden pillars in the way at the final turn that I got stuck on a number of times and ruined what would've been successful runs.

you could see the ability in your bar, but it will disappear, but if before disappearing, you press and do not release the button, it will remain active!You need to hold the skill button to sink into the water, and do not release until it is in the deepest part ahead.The hardest part is not getting out of the water, in the highest rings.It works with anyone, but it is boring, difficult, and shouldn't be necessary.SkillBar

Once you start the race keep going as long as you seed the gold and silver medals directly to the right of your health above your utility skills. Just close the window and continue. You will still get credit for the achievement as long as you cross the finish line and the silver medal is still next to your health. That is what I did.

Tips and tricks:Evade when you can swimming underwater going forwardTry to use the Barrel Roll so you end up going in the water right where your next gate will beUse any skills that give you speed or dash you forward while swimmingThe end of the race is on land so hop on your raptor pop your Bond of Vigor and Leap your way to the finish line.

I did this with a necro and they're not the most mobile.

The finish line will not register me finishing the race, it will instead keep spawning the waypoints, so I cannot finish it. This happened every time I got to the finish line. So no, this race is not doable for everyone. Until they fix this bug there is no point for me (or anyone else with this issue) trying to do it.

@Jukhy.2431 said:The finish line will not register me finishing the race, it will instead keep spawning the waypoints, so I cannot finish it. This happened every time I got to the finish line. So no, this race is not doable for everyone. Until they fix this bug there is no point for me (or anyone else with this issue) trying to do it.It did this for me as well. Did you cross the finish line with the silver medal still up? Because if you don't it will not matter. What you described was happening to me as well but it was not until I crossed the finish line with that silver medal still up above my utility skills did it finally register for the achievement.

I will cheerfully wait til they get the race working (and hope it's soon.)

We were speculating a lot abut the costs of this collection, and I'm just happy to know I won't need the gold I was saving, and will be able to spend my farmed swim infusions on the bubble-head air breather, and can go ahead and put all my piled-up materials from Drizzlewood Coast otter-hunting toward my next legendary. I won't have to kick myself for turning my charged quartz into Skyscale chow and selling it, or have to try and collect 250 coral orbs or insignias of the serpent, or some other substance whose price will go through the roof as everyone tries to hoard it at once. I won't have to spend weeks farming some time-gated item or discover that the currency I just blew unlocking something else should have been saved toward this.

Start-up bugs and overcrowding are a little frustrating, but they won't last. The collection cost nothing but a little time. I sort of wish I was patient enough to have waited a couple of weeks to avoid the mad crowds and early bugs...but it was still fun, and the zergs around the necessary NPCs made it much simpler to find them.

So, thanks Anet guys, for the fun little journey! Hope you work the kinks out soon.

While it is "doable" (I too did it on a necro), we must remember that not every player is blessed with the FPS/Ping that some of us have. I would guess that if you have less than ideal FPS/Ping, you are not going to get this the footpath way. Please, just keep that in mind.

As a side note regarding necros doing this, they are very good. You have weapon skills (both #3) that are useful (one gives swiftness and one a dart forward) and Spectral Walk for swiftness as well.