Following the latest Canthan expansion trailer, how are you feeling? - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Following the latest Canthan expansion trailer, how are you feeling?

13>

Comments

  • Deeyra.1476Deeyra.1476 Member ✭✭✭

    You call that a trailer?

  • I might get it or if it goes on sale

    I'll probably wait for a sale, to be honest.
    And even then, it depends on the pricing and the added content you get for it.
    I wasn't particularly impressed with HoT and even less with PoF.

  • Mahou.3924Mahou.3924 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dondarrion.2748 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Mahou.3924 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Dondarrion.2748 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    Story is irrelevant in a MMO and GW2's story has never been good.

    While mechanics are important, I just have to post a big LOL to this subjective comment. Both remarks.

    How much of your game time is story compared to combat and metas/fracts/raids/pvp?

    99%

    Then you play 2 hours every 3 months I guess?

    I think rather his answer was in favour of your argument. 99% game and mechanics compared to 1% story. So those 2 hours would be the story ;)

    I am mainly a story player. I log in / come back for new LS episodes, and with x-packs for story and toying around with elite specs. I may dabble around on the new maps and play around with my different characters (as I don't have a profession I'd say THIS is my main), but I usually don't go for achievements or visual cancer triggering meta zerg battles or typical (challenging) endgame content. Metas even less with lags going on. So yes, even though I have had access to GW2 since some time pre-HoT, my actual playtime is quite abysmal. The huge drawback is that my "player skill" hardly -- if at all -- improves and is reset during each "break" :wink: but eh... that's normal. I'm also certainly not the target customer of this genre with my playing habit, but that's another topic.

  • battledrone.8315battledrone.8315 Member ✭✭✭✭

    havent seen it. not buying

  • Excited but I want more info. Don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Will likely get it on release.

    My enthusiasm is tempered by experience when it comes to game updates.
    I started my love for this franchise through Guild Wars 1 : Factions. I have a lot of feelings for it, but that also means expectations and when one has expectations they are likely to be disappointed. Therefore, as much as I am looking forward to the expansion, I've decided not to have expectations relating to what I remember of Cantha.
    I am also holding on to the hope that we get to be play Tengu - and not as a tonic or an instanced mission but I know that is a long shot. It would be difficult to implement, and now even worse with Covid.
    Still, I absolutely am looking forward to this and will be buying it. If there is some valuable incentive to pre-order, like an art book, or a behind the scenes video, or a statuette of a character I like, I will absolutely get that if I am able.

  • Squirrel.6318Squirrel.6318 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2020

    i'm feeling like they took way too kitten long to make the expansion. it should have been an expansion every year. imagine the potential, we could've had expansions for lands unexplored in GW1 already.

  • Excited but I want more info. Don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Will likely get it on release.

    Will preorder after a list of features are published that sounds like a change of direction more towards HoT and less like PoF.

  • Yggranya.5201Yggranya.5201 Member ✭✭✭

    @Obfuscate.6430 said:
    My enthusiasm is tempered by experience when it comes to game updates.
    I started my love for this franchise through Guild Wars 1 : Factions. I have a lot of feelings for it, but that also means expectations and when one has expectations they are likely to be disappointed. Therefore, as much as I am looking forward to the expansion, I've decided not to have expectations relating to what I remember of Cantha.

    Considering what a golden goose cantha is as long as it is the same, i doubt many things will change.

  • Roche.7491Roche.7491 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2, 2020
    There's an expansion? Not even interested...

    If they revive shiro, i will preorder. Assassin assassin assassin.

    If not, just another boring expansion.

  • Elric.4713Elric.4713 Member ✭✭✭
    Excited but I want more info. Don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Will likely get it on release.

    @Kodama.6453 said:
    Ritualists are not using death magic.
    Death magic is basically a form of "flesh forging", it takes dead organic matter (muscles, bones, etc) and forms a minion out of it.
    Ritualist is using the mists, in which the souls of people land after dying, and control the spirits from there.

    Revenants are also using mist magic, not death magic.

    I find is funny how everyone bought into that one forum users fan fiction and are now using it as a fact to prove why Ritualist has no connection to Revenant.

    👻Legendary Ritualist Stance - Invoke the power of the legendary ritualist Master Togo.

  • Martnor.1746Martnor.1746 Member ✭✭✭
    Take my money! Tell me where and when! Pre-order for sure!

    @Elric.4713 said:

    @Kodama.6453 said:
    Ritualists are not using death magic.
    Death magic is basically a form of "flesh forging", it takes dead organic matter (muscles, bones, etc) and forms a minion out of it.
    Ritualist is using the mists, in which the souls of people land after dying, and control the spirits from there.

    Revenants are also using mist magic, not death magic.

    I find is funny how everyone bought into that one forum users fan fiction and are now using it as a fact to prove why Ritualist has no connection to Revenant.

    I think Kodama was arguing that Revenants are closer to Ritualists instead of Necromancers.

  • Tyncale.1629Tyncale.1629 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2020
    Excited but I want more info. Don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Will likely get it on release.

    I chose the Imperial Outfit from the Outfit Selection box that I got from the Anniversary supply drop requisition to get in the mood. :)
    1197px-Imperial_Outfit.jpg

    If the new expac features Housing it's a sure buy, if not well, then it probably still is a sure buy, unless it truly lacks a game changing feature. New lands and new Elite spec will not be enough. New Class, maybe, new Race, yes if it involves new lowbie leveling grounds where I can level the new character the old way. Well, I will buy it anyway, but I could be disappointed.

  • Excited but I want more info. Don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Will likely get it on release.

    I know virtually nothing about what it'll feature, what changes it will bring and whether or not I'll like them.

    We're going to Cantha. Cool; that's exciting. I know I'll like that much at least, probably.

    Until I know more, there's nothing for me to be terribly excited about, and I'm certainly not going to spend a single cent on something before I even know what I'm buying.

  • Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Excited but I want more info. Don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Will likely get it on release.

    I remain unconvinced it will be good, PoF was terrible. So im holding out and waiting as cantha was the birthplace of my guild wars journey and my introduction to this world we all love; But if its just another PoF I think ill pass honestly. I want something like HoT that is vastly different to what has come before, that offers something no expansion has offered before and I want the E-specs to be good and not either boring or just over-hyped/over-tuned to sell the expansion.

    This time they are gonna have to earn their money, Im done blindly following because I love tyria and guild wars. Im done being their fan, now im just a customer.

  • GummyBearSummoner.7941GummyBearSummoner.7941 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2020
    Take my money! Tell me where and when! Pre-order for sure!

    I’m not as fanboy excited for it like the option makes it seems but I think almost everyone would buy the pack ? I don’t see why no one really would. HoT & PoF were done really well (before the nerf HoT was my favorite ) & I’m looking forward to see what Cantha would bring. Hopefully we get housing

  • Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I might get it or if it goes on sale

    @Yggranya.5201 said:

    @Obfuscate.6430 said:
    My enthusiasm is tempered by experience when it comes to game updates.
    I started my love for this franchise through Guild Wars 1 : Factions. I have a lot of feelings for it, but that also means expectations and when one has expectations they are likely to be disappointed. Therefore, as much as I am looking forward to the expansion, I've decided not to have expectations relating to what I remember of Cantha.

    Considering what a golden goose cantha is as long as it is the same, i doubt many things will change.

    Which is why I am less than enthused to pay for slightly different maps than I played 12 years ago.

    How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

    Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

  • Kadsik.9281Kadsik.9281 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2020
    Excited but I want more info. Don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Will likely get it on release.

    @Thornwolf.9721 said:
    I remain unconvinced it will be good, PoF was terrible. So im holding out and waiting as cantha was the birthplace of my guild wars journey and my introduction to this world we all love; But if its just another PoF I think ill pass honestly. I want something like HoT that is vastly different to what has come before, that offers something no expansion has offered before and I want the E-specs to be good and not either boring or just over-hyped/over-tuned to sell the expansion.

    This time they are gonna have to earn their money, Im done blindly following because I love tyria and guild wars. Im done being their fan, now im just a customer.

    As much as I want it to be awesome, I gotta agree. You are probably right. Pof had way too short of a story. Also while the maps were very large and just overall visually stunning upgrades from Gw1 they were just so empty.

  • Kadsik.9281Kadsik.9281 Member ✭✭✭
    Excited but I want more info. Don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Will likely get it on release.

    @Kylden Ar.3724 said:

    @Yggranya.5201 said:

    @Obfuscate.6430 said:
    My enthusiasm is tempered by experience when it comes to game updates.
    I started my love for this franchise through Guild Wars 1 : Factions. I have a lot of feelings for it, but that also means expectations and when one has expectations they are likely to be disappointed. Therefore, as much as I am looking forward to the expansion, I've decided not to have expectations relating to what I remember of Cantha.

    Considering what a golden goose cantha is as long as it is the same, i doubt many things will change.

    Which is why I am less than enthused to pay for slightly different maps than I played 12 years ago.

    While I agree the Pof maps lack content, "slightly different " is an understatement because they are alot better in Gw2.

  • Martnor.1746Martnor.1746 Member ✭✭✭
    Take my money! Tell me where and when! Pre-order for sure!

    @Kadsik.9281 said:

    @Thornwolf.9721 said:
    I remain unconvinced it will be good, PoF was terrible. So im holding out and waiting as cantha was the birthplace of my guild wars journey and my introduction to this world we all love; But if its just another PoF I think ill pass honestly. I want something like HoT that is vastly different to what has come before, that offers something no expansion has offered before and I want the E-specs to be good and not either boring or just over-hyped/over-tuned to sell the expansion.

    This time they are gonna have to earn their money, Im done blindly following because I love tyria and guild wars. Im done being their fan, now im just a customer.

    As much as I want it to be awesome, I gotta agree. You are probably right. Pof had way too short of a story. Also while the maps were very large and just overall visually stunning upgrades from Gw1 they were just so empty.

    Which in fairness, captures the aspect of a desert quite well!

  • After Shiro was defeated in GW1 the Jade Sea started it's first processes to turn fluid again. So I think we will see some underwater content, maybe why they already made the skinner be able to dive now.

    Since the developer crew and responsibles changed alot in arenanet everything and nothing can happen :D

  • Katelynn.6593Katelynn.6593 Member ✭✭✭
    I might get it or if it goes on sale

    Maybe. If I have the money at the time. If it was available now and I had the money now, I would buy it.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2020
    Excited but I want more info. Don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Will likely get it on release.

    @JTGuevara.9018 said:
    gw1 was interesting. To me, I consider it a hybrid of an MMO/dungeon crawler.

    GW1 definitely wasn't a MMO. It was a multiplayer fantasy action game. But the quality of writing (story, dialogue) and the ideas the devs had back then exceed the quality of GW2 on many levels.

  • Martnor.1746Martnor.1746 Member ✭✭✭
    Take my money! Tell me where and when! Pre-order for sure!

    @SlateSloan.3654 said:
    After Shiro was defeated in GW1 the Jade Sea started it's first processes to turn fluid again. So I think we will see some underwater content, maybe why they already made the skinner be able to dive now.

    Since the developer crew and responsibles changed alot in arenanet everything and nothing can happen :D

    I think many will agree that The quality of the releases, although it has bene improving, has been below expectations. So maybe the changes will be beneficial to the game and bring a breath of fresh content and ideas (hopefully good ones)

  • Excited but I want more info. Don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Will likely get it on release.

    Knowing that Lions Arch doesn't look or feel like anything from GW1, I'm holding off on anything until I see more details (elite specs, mounts, new map features, et al).

    Ask a child a question and you'll get a childish answer.

  • Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2020
    Excited but I want more info. Don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Will likely get it on release.

    If it is anything like Drizzlewood, I'll be waiting for the sale. Will wait for much more info. It's not so much where the exp will take me ,and I am sure it will look great, it's that my confidence with the new team has been eroded on many levels.

  • Rukia.4802Rukia.4802 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2020

    @Redfeather.6401 said:
    I have low expectations.
    GW2 core seems to be themed mini games and the occasional insane farming for some gated carrot on a stick.
    So expansion could be 10 new mini game types dotted around a map.
    And a new fireball throwing dragon sword that requires 250 gold, 250 monster eyes, 250 ectoplasm and 50 piece collection.
    That sounds about right. 🤣

    That does unfortunately sound about right, and the skins on top of being crazy grinds are usually complete trash. Its unfortunate that they lost all the charm GW1 grind had, it had similar skin grinds located in dungeons that were fun .These days you can't even make out a character with 9000 spell effects and gem shop costumes so whats it even matter lol. Its funny to think FF14 and WoW being more grounded with their visuals.

    Anyway, I'm sure cantha will be great until we run out of content and its back to the collection grind, which at that point I just quit and go back to WoW anyway with a much more lively pve scene and battlegrounds. I am fine with it, thats what this game is now, a korean grinder spamming the same events 24/7. I don't see that as any different than mindlessly slaying mobs in black desert. Both have about the same chance of getting something actually useful out of your play time other than raw materials.

    As long as it supports the extremely casual playerbase :astonished: one can hope that dungeons could make a return and raids are much more supported and pvp modes but the reality is they just aren't profitable compared to the korean grind design and gem shop skins which mainly attract casual pvers.

    NA server
    Fix hide party/squad nameplates
    Add particle effect slider/ability to turn friendly player effects off
    GW1 pvp rolling in its grave