Hi new to mesmer. What does core mesmer offer that E spec don't?

Euclid.2517

The actual answer you're looking for is 'flexibility'. With a core build, you're able to cover more bases in terms of needs. The Chronomancy and Mirage lines (aside from changing fundamental mechanics i.e. dodge and shatters) have distinct playstyles that they funnel you towards. Core offers more freedom.

Core builds will also often tend to have room to include and/or base a build off of/around the Illusion traitline (arguably the best line the Mesmer has access to) without having to sacrifice too much.

If you look at it realistically nothing.Chrono/Mirage will do better whatever the heck you want your mesmer to do in pve.You can find some "excuse" of being better at something, but in the end especs will offer more, more damage, more utility or more support for the team.The only thing that comes to mind is that CORE power build COULD MAYBE have more burst damage then power chrono, while losing BIG TIME in longer fights( and by longer I mean longer then 3s ) But after dry shatter and hitting twice with F1 Im not even sure if that is the case anymore.

I like core Mesmer Scepter/Torch + Staff for open World and PvP, maybe some WvW too. Condition dmg + stealth ... Great and very fun spec to play. Unfortunately it is not very good for team play but the best for any kind of solo stuff. Survivability is great, dmg is great and you don't have to stay in melee range.

• 2 weeks later...