WvW Chrono guide

RisenHowl.2419

Thanks for sharing and nice explanations !The problem I have with thoses group fight build is the period when you haven't anything to do waiting for CD, even with perma alacrity while other class hadn't this drawback because they have weapon skills more dedicated.I will give it a try trhough.

@viquing.8254 said:Thanks for sharing and nice explanations !The problem I have with thoses group fight build is the period when you haven't anything to do waiting for CD, even with perma alacrity while other class hadn't this drawback because they have weapon skills more dedicated.I will give it a try trhough.

With alacrity and frenzy sigils I feel like there's always something up that's worth casting lol

As much as I appreciate your build post the glorious healing power on a chrono build is wasted and shows how low the bar is to consider something for chrono a build or playable. The only good thing about chrono in Zerg fights is the heavy aoe CC in combination with signet of Absorption and VE but in the end you give up so many things just to have a little bit more CC it would be smarter to take anything else

You give up portal and blink for a condi cleanse Mantra and null field which is, like the wells, totally unreliable. Other classes have so much more and easier access to condi cleanse that it is just a wasted utility slot. The one or two more conditions removed have not really an impact and is nothing compared to a good placed portal or stealth or whatever.

The concentration on the armor also doesn’t make really sense since the only boons you share is quickness and a little bit stability with the mantra. The alacrity a chrono can share is not really mentionable in my opinion.

So in the end what we have here is: F3, Staff 5, Shield 5, GWell - that’s it - every other skill is better done by other classes.

@Senqu.8054 said:As much as I appreciate your build post the glorious healing power on a chrono build is wasted and shows how low the bar is to consider something for chrono a build or playable. The only good thing about chrono in Zerg fights is the heavy aoe CC in combination with signet of Absorption and VE but in the end you give up so many things just to have a little bit more CC it would be smarter to take anything else

You give up portal and blink for a condi cleanse Mantra and null field which is, like the wells, totally unreliable. Other classes have so much more and easier access to condi cleanse that it is just a wasted utility slot. The one or two more conditions removed have not really an impact and is nothing compared to a good placed portal or stealth or whatever.

The concentration on the armor also doesn’t make really sense since the only boons you share is quickness and a little bit stability with the mantra. The alacrity a chrono can share is not really mentionable in my opinion.

So in the end what we have here is: F3, Staff 5, Shield 5, GWell - that’s it - every other skill is better done by other classes.

I cover most of this in the guide, regardless of how you build it chrono has little healing or damage output. The boon duration is for your personal alacrity, -33% on every CD is very potent. The only thing you really need on chrono is vitality and toughness so you can comfortably sit in melee range for the boon rip on shatters.

I also mention the other utility options. Portal's great for smaller squads and veil for larger. After the February patch there aren't many aoe condi clears left that can remove 3 at once, which is why immob rangers have become viable- single clears every second will never remove the immob from muddy terrain for instance. If your squad lacks cleanse, it's not a bad utility to pick up.

It's not a playstyle everyone will enjoy, but chrono still offers some powerful control and boonstrip options that can make your groups spikes much more effective =D

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@Senqu.8054 said:As much as I appreciate your build post the glorious healing power on a chrono build is wasted and shows how low the bar is to consider something for chrono a build or playable. The only good thing about chrono in Zerg fights is the heavy aoe CC in combination with signet of Absorption and VE but in the end you give up so many things just to have a little bit more CC it would be smarter to take anything else

I cover most of this in the guide, regardless of how you build it chrono has little healing or damage output. The boon duration is for your personal alacrity, -33% on every CD is very potent. The only thing you really need on chrono is vitality and toughness so you can comfortably sit in melee range for the boon rip on shatters.

I also mention the other utility options. Portal's great for smaller squads and veil for larger. After the February patch there aren't many aoe condi clears left that can remove 3 at once, which is why immob rangers have become viable- single clears every second will never remove the immob from muddy terrain for instance. If your squad lacks cleanse, it's not a bad utility to pick up.

It's not a playstyle everyone will enjoy, but chrono still offers some powerful control and boonstrip options that can make your groups spikes much more effective =D

Ahh sorry I see, you can’t share quickness because you need the gm trait for more alacrity. So as I said it, your build is only there for 4 skills. Yes it’s great to have one chrono who can cc a little Bit more but that’s it. It’s the same discussion since the chrono nerf. It’s not only „not a playstyle everyone will enjoy“, It is literally no real playstyle / build. Armor stats, weaponskills except high cd skills and utility skills except Portal are totally useless. Not even the rune is really needed. It needs 5 traits and 2 sigils to make 4 skills okeyish while other traits are just crap. I mean quickness to recharge the mantra faster, after the heavy mantra nerfs? Please show me a class in this game that uses a trait to gain one second faster recharge every 10ish seconds. Or healing power + concentration to gain 12 seconds more alacrity but only for yourself? 2 armor stats for one selfish boon? Also only really okeyish/useful if you already have everything else in the party and don’t need more things.

I mean I can also play zerk core ele with water earth arcane and tell my squad that I’m now able to protect the group better AND do damage. Or talking about that thief is important in a Zerg because he can secure kills from players who are not balling good enough. Should I Show now a PvP build with sword and focus and talk about that focus pull and focus phantasm are great for holding points? I mean on paper maybe and I could maybe use it in gold but that’s not really the point. The point is that it’s not really needed more then one time and in the end it is wasting a slot for a better / more useful class.

In the end it’s not about to attack you, even if it sounds a little bit like it. It is just that this kind of trait setup looks like that there was an anet employee who thought it would be great to develope such an build but as always has no clue from the game and now we are stuck with this kind of „build“ since what 1 year ? Or 2? And the community went so far with its Stockholm-Syndrom that they forgot how crappy this design is and now argues that it’s not „that bad“.

@Senqu.8054 said:

Ahh sorry I see, you can’t share quickness because you need the gm trait for more alacrity. So as I said it, your build is only there for 4 skills. Yes it’s great to have one chrono who can cc a little Bit more but that’s it. It’s the same discussion since the chrono nerf. It’s not only „not a playstyle everyone will enjoy“, It is literally no real playstyle / build. Armor stats, weaponskills except high cd skills and utility skills except Portal are totally useless. Not even the rune is really needed. It needs 5 traits and 2 sigils to make 4 skills okeyish while other traits are just kitten. I mean quickness to recharge the mantra faster, after the heavy mantra nerfs? Please show me a class in this game that uses a trait to gain one second faster recharge every 10ish seconds. Or healing power + concentration to gain 12 seconds more alacrity but only for yourself? 2 armor stats for one selfish boon? Also only really okeyish/useful if you already have everything else in the party and don’t need more things.

I mean I can also play zerk core ele with water earth arcane and tell my squad that I’m now able to protect the group better AND do damage. Or talking about that thief is important in a Zerg because he can secure kills from players who are not balling good enough. Should I Show now a PvP build with sword and focus and talk about that focus pull and focus phantasm are great for holding points? I mean on paper maybe and I could maybe use it in gold but that’s not really the point. The point is that it’s not really needed more then one time and in the end it is wasting a slot for a better / more useful class.

In the end it’s not about to attack you, even if it sounds a little bit like it. It is just that this kind of trait setup looks like that there was an anet employee who thought it would be great to develope such an build but as always has no clue from the game and now we are stuck with this kind of „build“ since what 1 year ? Or 2? And the community went so far with its Stockholm-Syndrom that they forgot how crappy this design is and now argues that it’s not „that bad“.

I agree, I wouldn't run more than 1-2 for a meta comp. You're saying it's 'a little bit more CC' but as you can see in the videos it's ALOT more CC than other classes are putting out. With disenchanter i'm regularly getting 2-3x the strips of the next highest player, which after the nerfs to scourge is very valuable- especially against boon ball groups. sw3 immob on 3 players every ~8s is a great skill with a low CD and stacking your shatters with null field+CC+disenchanter allows you to burst strip boons so enemy scrappers can't reapply them; considering most groups get their boons from converting conditions that's a very strong effect to have access to in your squad.

Maybe you don't understand how improved alacrity works in this setup? Disables and sh4 x2 each apply slow, which every 3s gives you 4s of +50% recharge rate. Every 3s you can take 2s off all your CDs, combined with frenzy sigils (-2s on all cds every 10s on kill) this allows you to get those big, fight changing skills up quickly. Getting your skills up faster means more boon rip, CC, and cleansing- all of which directly impact how quickly your group can win a fight. If you run a comp with quickness firebrands there's no opportunity cost in taking lost time.

I feel like you want to disregard the literal video evidence of it working well to push the agenda that chrono needs buffs because it's nonviable right now. That's not the case. Chrono is by a wide margin the best class in the game for boon strip, which in a meta that revolves around stacking boons makes it very desirable to bring. Your ele example brings nothing to the table that other classes can't accomplish better, but nothing can outstrip a chrono so that's a pretty poor comparison. And if you don't see how strong focus pulls are for a range bomb with heralds I don't know what to tell you, that's a free 5 kills every 15s and works wonders for pulling people off siege on a wall.

TA60U8R.png