Expansion Digital Deluxe Edition and...

I know it's super early to bring this up but hopefully it will get consideration before expansion options are released. What I hate hearing from other people about this game is "It looks great but I don't want to have to pay extra for all the living season content".

A new expansion would be a perfect time to have a New / Returning player edition, something like the Digital Deluxe, but instead of gems gives you all previous living season content. I get the irony of still paying more for an edition to get content you didn't want to pay for, but it provides a very direct, understandable bundle that would cheaper than getting the individual living season content, specially for new players who have 4 living seasons worth of content they need to collect.

Sounds fair I think. I think it's not a problem to pay money for missed Seasons (I had to buy living world season 2 and 3 when I started). So an Edition with those already unlocked a bit cheapter than it would be buying them in the gemstore would be nice I guess.

Moreover, I would like a physical collector's edition with some great merch <3

i dont see them doing this for the new expansion as part of Expansion 3's packages

but for HoT+PoF package (the only one you can buy now), at Expansion 3's release day, they can add a Full Story Edition or Complete Edition where, as you mention in your post/OP, it has all LWS seasons prior to the new expansion unlocked for an additional cost over the standard edition

I agree that it would be really helpful to have some sort of 'definitive edition' as well as the normal options. A package with the base game, HoT, PoF, EoD, Season 2, 3, 4 and 5 all in one purchase. Either priced the same as getting all the expansions and then the season packs from the gem store with the bundle discount (20% I think) or maybe even a slightly higher discount for buying it all up front.

Ideally I'd also like to see a note somewhere on the store that the Living Story continues with Season 6 (which I assume it will) and an explanation of the mechanic of getting episodes free when you log in or buying them individually or as a bundle once the season is over, so new players who get that verison after the next season starts aren't confused and angry that they still don't have the entire game.

Even for players who choose not to buy that version just having it there would help clarify up-front that there's more to buy as well as the expansions. Elder Scrolls Online uses a similar mix of expansions (chapters) sold on the web store and DLC sold in-game (except with no way to get it free) and I only started seeing similar topics on their forum with totally confused players asking how to actually get the full game after they removed the 'complete edition' from their store. That was actually misleading because it included the base game, the first 2 or 3 expansions (can't remember if Elseweyr was added) and the first 4 DLCs, so there was a lot more DLC to get, but at least it seemed to send the message that the expansions aren't the only content added to the game after release.

How about this:

• They finish adding as much of LS1 they can in IceBrood Saga.
  • They release the next expansion with a "Ultimate Complete" edition, including HoT, PoF, and all LW seasons including LS1.

This would also include the return of Fractal Story mode for Aetherblade, Molten Alliance, Thamanova and maybe Twilight Oasis.

Just one solid story all the way through, with no gaps, and as much duct-tape as possible to hold it together, that way players can finally get an experience that's not hindered but all that gatekeeping from money, gems, temporary content, etc.

Maybe even streamline some of the side stories, like Reforging Caladbolg, into the main story as well.

Maybe also even make the dungeons and Fractals part of Personal Story like was done with Arah. Except this time use clones of those instances with some of the changes reversed instead of removing the multiplayer instanced version entirely.

One more thing: The selling point could be Classic Lion's Arch portal item (like Lily of Elon).

@"Hannelore.8153" said:One more thing: The selling point could be Classic Lion's Arch portal item (like Lily of Elon).

if they make something like this, and the only way to obtain this lounge pass was to buy the packages you mentioned, then i'd buy that "Ultimate Complete" edition even if i already own all of the seasons right now just so i could "replace" the current LA with the classic one lol =)