Stat Signets.

Eijfij.8613

I think signets that only serve as a stat bonus are so boring. For example as a power Reaper I'm basically forced to use Signet of spite because it's too strong to ignore. I would have more fun with another functional skill instead of a button I shouldn't push.My idea is to rework all stat signets into something more intressting, like signet of spite spawning a minion every 10 second instead.Any thoughts or opinions about stat signets?

Passive stat boosts which take up an active slot are a pretty poor design. Honestly, given how all signet actives typically work (some boring, single-target one-off), I'd rather have them removed outright. It's not like any more than 5% of them see play anyway. You're welcome to rework them, though.

@Eijfij.8613 said:I think signets that only serve as a stat bonus are so boring. For example as a power Reaper I'm basically forced to use Signet of spite because it's too strong to ignore. I would have more fun with another functional skill instead of a button I shouldn't push.My idea is to rework all stat signets into something more intressting, like signet of spite spawning a minion every 10 second instead.Any thoughts or opinions about stat signets?

Signet of Spite is not too strong to ignore lol.

They have been upgrading some signets realizing they promote bad playing.

@Justine.6351 said:

I think it kinda is in PVE =/I agree.Actually I think utility skills overall shouldn't be about dmg. (But that's another topic = p )

@Eijfij.8613 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

I think it kinda is in PVE =/I agree.Actually I think utility skills overall shouldn't be about dmg. (But that's another topic = p )

As i think utility skills should Be blocks, evades, teleports etc and ur dmg comes from weapon skills

@Justine.6351 said:

@Eijfij.8613 said:I think signets that only serve as a stat bonus are so boring. For example as a power Reaper I'm basically forced to use Signet of spite because it's too strong to ignore. I would have more fun with another functional skill instead of a button I shouldn't push.My idea is to rework all stat signets into something more intressting, like signet of spite spawning a minion every 10 second instead.Any thoughts or opinions about stat signets?

Signet of Spite with the trait has like 270 increased power.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:I'd like to see a version of signets, in which the passive does not go on cooldown. I think some class has a trait for it, elementalist maybe?Would need some rework, but i would reaaally love it. Tuning needs to be down then of course.

There is a Profession that has it, but I totally forgot which one. My bet is on Guardian or Warrior.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:I'd like to see a version of signets, in which the passive does not go on cooldown. I think some class has a trait for it, elementalist maybe?Would need some rework, but i would reaaally love it. Tuning needs to be down then of course.

This passive should be on every signet trait just because it would lead to actual use of the signets because the bonus wont flew away.Guatdian has a good iteration of that now and ele always had it as far as i remembered.

Ele has it in Earth traitline (Written in stone, i guess?) and it's one of my fav traits in this game. Wish every class had something like this.

@Redfeather.6401 said:Let's come up with new signets. :o

Signet of Stolen SpeedPassive: Crippling a target also applies slow to them. Whenever this effect happens you gain a charge displayed in the signet's corner.Active: Gain 1 second of quickness for each charge. Lose all charges. Cooldown 20 seconds.

For that to do, i think its bette just to merge first some of the old signets to make space actualyl for better new signets...

I#d merge for example together

Signet of Agility together with Infiltrator's Signet as a newSignet of InfiltrationPassive: Grants Precision (50% of what it did before) and Increases your Initiative Regeneration Speed by 25%Active: Shadow Step to your Ground Target and leech Endurance from up to 5 Targets (basically 20% Endurance per Target) at that spot and convert up to 2 Conditions from you to them as well, while losing also 1 third Condition.

Signet of Shadows merged together with Assassins Signet as a newSignet of AssassinationPassive: Increases your Power (50% of what it did before) and grants you Super Speed when you perform Shadow Steps or when you Stealth.Active: Stealth yourself with a Smokebomb that applies Blindnes,s weakness and Vulnerability to nearby foes also and increases your Power for the next 5 seconds significantly. Hits against vulnerable foes as long this Signet is active will be unblockable and steal Boons.

Increase if needed the recharge times, but at least would be this way these signets more useful and impactful for Thieves in combat, when used and activated at the right moments. The created gap of 2 Signets could be used then for good Thief Signet Skills like

Signet of TwilightPassive: Grants you periodically Stealth every 10 seconds for a duration of 3 seconds and increases your Vitality Stat.Active: Recharges your Steal Skill and grants you Resistance for 5 seconds, if you have at the moment of activation more than 3 Conditions on you. Had you none or lesser than 3 Conditions on you, then it grants you Protection for 5 seconds instead. Works as Stun Breaker as well and stealths you, if you used it as Stun Breaker.

Signet of VenomsPassive: Increases the Number of Venom Charges you have for your Venoms by +2 and increases your Condition DamageActive: Recharges instantly a random Venom of your Build that is on Recharge, if you have more than 1 Venom Skill in your Build. If you have only 1 Venom Skill, that is not Basilisk Venom, in your Build, then you'll cause a Venom Splash Attack, which is an AoE Attack, which grants your Allies random Venom Effecs if they run into its Area of Effect. The AoE attack will leave a Poison Combo Field as well for some time. If you have no Venoms in your Build and you activate this Skill, then you'll receive a random Utility Venom Effect.

@Alatar.7364 said:

There is a Profession that has it, but I totally forgot which one. My bet is on Guardian or Warrior.

I’m pretty sure it’s Warrior.

My stance is that:

As long as there is a trait that give you some benefit when you use actively the signet, I don't see any issue with signets granting raw stat. However, when signet traits give more stats and promote a passive gameplay with signet, then there is a real issue with this.

@Meestercat.2748 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

It's not.

@Meestercat.2748 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Written_in_StoneAs I said, it's on ele.

I wouldn't mind seeing the passive effects of signets go. Maybe a charge system where signets gain charges in battle that could be spent for some affect? Perhaps that's too similar to mantras. They could be diverse with it though like spite building charges from getting struck and when it's full you blast out a ton of conditions.

I use the mad king for my thief when he does spin and crows get summoned lol it's my fav

Archived