Lack of Mastery Points for Sibaha skimmer training

I cannot train my skimmer in the underwater ability without 8 mastery points, and I have only 3. I collected (and spent) all the mastery points in the Path of Fire regions (Crystal Oasis, Desert Highlands, The Desolation, Domain of Vabbi, Elon Riverlands, Domain of Istan, Sandswept Isles, Domain of Kourna, Jahai Bluffs, Thunderhead Peaks, and Dragonfall) and am at a loss as to how I can get more.

HoT Mastery points are my problem. Very difficult and completely needed for making HoT legendaries. The problem is all of the useless living world masteries that I wasted points on without knowing any better. Being able to reskill your masteries would be a godsend. Who the heck needs the vine slinging skill anymore?

@MokahTGS.7850 said:HoT Mastery points are my problem. Very difficult and completely needed for making HoT legendaries. The problem is all of the useless living world masteries that I wasted points on without knowing any better. Being able to reskill your masteries would be a godsend. Who the heck needs the vine slinging skill anymore?

Reskill 2000 gems per character :)

I used vine slinging a good bit in Dragonfall before I obtained my skyscale. Was glad to have it for the quest. Would I use it otherwise? Probably not so much now that I have the skyscale.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@MokahTGS.7850 said:HoT Mastery points are my problem. Very difficult and completely needed for making HoT legendaries. The problem is all of the useless living world masteries that I wasted points on without knowing any better. Being able to reskill your masteries would be a godsend. Who the heck needs the vine slinging skill anymore?

I used vine slinging a good bit in Dragonfall before I obtained my skyscale. Was glad to have it for the quest. Would I use it otherwise? Probably not so much now that I have the skyscale.

Paying $35 for something that I should just be able to do in game is a non-starter. I can change my build...but not my masteries?

@MokahTGS.7850 said:

Paying $35 for something that I should just be able to do in game is a non-starter. I can change my build...but not my masteries?

I understand and agree to a point. However, there are more than enough mastery points. I believe that the intent is to play the game to acquire the ones that you need. If you need help, ask. It is an MMO after all.

I just checked and I'm sitting on 3 core, 8 HoT, and 19 PoF extra mastery points on my alt account (new skimmer training not complete), and 7 core, 24 HoT, and 19 PoF mastery points on my main account (again, still training the new skimmer mastery). I need more Icebrood Saga points, but that's because I don't spend enough time in those maps. All things in good time.

Thanks for the heads up on the achievement filter option in game! I'm sure that will come in handy, though I will probably still continue to use GW2Efficiency since I can access that info without being in the game (lunch and down time at work FTW!)

There is a large excess of HoT mastery points.

Being able to freely move points in and out of masteries removes the need to acquire the majority of mastery points. It would undermine the progression of the entire system.

but LS is also the biggest sources of easy points ...