Scrapper Barrier Knocks + Damage reduction — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Scrapper Barrier Knocks + Damage reduction

Lets talk Scrapper knockbacks, damage reduction and boon removal.

Scrapper can knockback 5 enemies and strip up to 6 boons in two fields with 240 radius , when you pair Gadgeteer and Throw Mine it goes from 15 seconds down to 12 seconds CD, you now also have a second mine at your location when casted.

A unblockable Throw Mine with a 5 player target , 300 knockback , 900 Range , 12 second cooldown and 6 boon removal its a bit too much when paired with Gadgeteer the second mine is left at your location from when you throw it.

What players have resorted is to 'abuse' this small Throw Mine cooldown and rotate abilities with Personal Battering Ram - launches an enemy for 600 has a 16 second recharge count when paired with Gadgeteer stripping 6 boons each 12 seconds so there is little to no counterplay if they take Bulwalk Gyro, they can pop Defensive field giving them 3 Stability stacks of 6 seconds. The node is almost literally free real estate once they step foot on it in a 1v1 situation.

Gadgeteer - Gadget skills are overcharged and become more powerful. Overcharged gadgets have reduced charge. Recharge Reduced: 20%

Damage reduction on Scrapper is just as good as the last spec that had tons of it and got nerfed heres why

Impact Savant - A percentage of the strike damage you deal is converted into barrier. Your vitality is reduced.
System Shocker - Disabling a foe grants you barrier. Your function gyro dazes foes when cast. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
Hidden Flask - Drink a Lesser Elixir B when struck while below the health threshold. ( AKA Gives 5 boons for 4 seconds and when paired with Iron Blooded = -10% Physical and Condi Incoming damage reduction when dropped below 75% HP threshold on top of already having barrier 20% damage reduction)
Lesser Utility Goggles - 90 second Cooldown gives 2 seconds of Resistance and breaks stun and when paired with Gadgeteer it gives 3 seconds of protection. (Amazing more damage reduction added a long with Iron Blooded)
Iron Blooded- Reduce physical and condition damage for each boon you have. Iron Blooded: -2% Incoming Damage, -2% Incoming Condition Damage
Adaptive armor - Incoming barriers are stronger. Reduce incoming condition damage while you have barrier. Barrier Increase: 15% , Condition Damage Reduced: 20%

You have 100% barrier uptime as long you are doing damage to your enemy or knocking him back/dazing him so that is 20% Condition Damage Reduction from the barrier alone and whenever the Class gets boons it stacks -2% Physical and -2% Condi incoming damage for each boon, every 12 seconds you are stripping up to 6 boons that is UNBLOCKABLE.
Adaptive armor, Iron blooded and Throw Mine could use some nerfs to lower this obnoxious walking tank Scrapper is.

This class runs around with a whopping 24% dmg reduction everytime it has 1 boon and some barrier on it. This class strips up to 6 boons every 12 seconds , this class has stab, this class knockbacks, this class does damage. Is there anything Engi doesn't do ?
Fix it engi dev in the back. FIX IT its gonna be 2 seasons of this bs.

Here's a version of the build can even take EE do w/e you want with it make sure you have tank amulet/rune and have Adaptive armor . THROW MINE and battering ram.

[&DQMGABU2KxooAQAAlQEAACYBAACIAAAA+RIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]
https://imgur.com/a/9tDUZYy

Comments

  • Tycura.1982Tycura.1982 Member ✭✭✭

    I too dislike fighting Drydude

  • Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭✭

    So you are telling me a spec that got designed as a tank is playing as a tank.

  • Dantheman.3589Dantheman.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Scrapper is obnoxious- it can spec almost all out for damage while being insanely tanky or it can take enough knock back to where it always has knock back but that’s also a core engi prot holo issue

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I have flashbacks from a year ago, scrapper slapping their kitten on node and pushing you off to win by default, what a time to be alive.
    System shocker ICD when ?
    why is Expert Examination applying weakness ? its same skill as Dazzling except it also applies 3s of weakness?

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kodama.6453 said:
    So you are telling me a spec that got designed as a tank is playing as a tank.

    Tank specs do not belong in GW2, especially not PvP.

    Scrapper has been an issue since it's inception and >>NEVER<< been fun to fight. The class should never be remotely viable and should be base ele tier.

  • Avatar.3568Avatar.3568 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Did not thought that people cry for a mine nerf again, hell what a world do we live

    Scrapper has counterplay

    Stability, dodging or blocking or blinding the big stun field to not get the daze combos

    And lesser goggles has 90 seconds cool down, idk who is using that

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Avatar.3568 said:
    Did not thought that people cry for a mine nerf again, hell what a world do we live

    Scrapper has counterplay

    Stability, dodging or blocking or blinding the big stun field to not get the daze combos

    And lesser goggles has 90 seconds cool down, idk who is using that

    Remote mine removes 3 boons and 2 are thrown at you so 6 total

  • Avatar.3568Avatar.3568 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Avatar.3568 said:
    Did not thought that people cry for a mine nerf again, hell what a world do we live

    Scrapper has counterplay

    Stability, dodging or blocking or blinding the big stun field to not get the daze combos

    And lesser goggles has 90 seconds cool down, idk who is using that

    Remote mine removes 3 boons and 2 are thrown at you so 6 total

    And you can just not run into the mines, if he hits nice, if not it's a complete utility waste and garbage

  • ApaWanka.2698ApaWanka.2698 Member ✭✭✭

    Just curious how many people use this build...

    ... because at the moment I’ve saw it 0 times on my games (at least in EU), and 0 times again on ATS

    So I don’t think that is a massive issue for the game atm. Other thing should be addressed before than nerf a niche skill that barely no one uses.

  • Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kodama.6453 said:
    So you are telling me a spec that got designed as a tank is playing as a tank.

    Tank specs do not belong in GW2, especially not PvP.

    Scrapper has been an issue since it's inception and >>NEVER<< been fun to fight. The class should never be remotely viable and should be base ele tier.

    Funny statement from someone who recently made a thread asking to get such a tank spec for elementalist with the next expansion.
    I guess you just moved your hatred from holosmith to scrapper now.

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    I have flashbacks from a year ago, scrapper slapping their kitten on node and pushing you off to win by default, what a time to be alive.
    System shocker ICD when ?
    why is Expert Examination applying weakness ? its same skill as Dazzling except it also applies 3s of weakness?

    Put an ICD on system shocker and the trait is pretty much useless. If a nerf is really needed, then reducing the amount of barrier you get in PvP/WvW would be a better way.
    And yes, expert examination is different than dazzling. Good observation. Since when do traits have to be identical across classes?
    Also dazzling is a minor trait while expert examination is a major trait, major traits tend to be stronger since they are an active choice.

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Avatar.3568 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Avatar.3568 said:
    Did not thought that people cry for a mine nerf again, hell what a world do we live

    Scrapper has counterplay

    Stability, dodging or blocking or blinding the big stun field to not get the daze combos

    And lesser goggles has 90 seconds cool down, idk who is using that

    Remote mine removes 3 boons and 2 are thrown at you so 6 total

    And you can just not run into the mines, if he hits nice, if not it's a complete utility waste and garbage

    The mines are instant and the AOE is essentially the entire node.

    Yes, ignoring and rotating around and refusing to play with the completely unfun to fight build is the counter. However, when the counter is to "not play with this person and let them play alone", it's time for the developers to step in and fix things.

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kodama.6453 said:

    @Kodama.6453 said:
    So you are telling me a spec that got designed as a tank is playing as a tank.

    Tank specs do not belong in GW2, especially not PvP.

    Scrapper has been an issue since it's inception and >>NEVER<< been fun to fight. The class should never be remotely viable and should be base ele tier.

    Funny statement from someone who recently made a thread asking to get such a tank spec for elementalist with the next expansion.
    I guess you just moved your hatred from holosmith to scrapper now.

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    I have flashbacks from a year ago, scrapper slapping their kitten on node and pushing you off to win by default, what a time to be alive.
    System shocker ICD when ?
    why is Expert Examination applying weakness ? its same skill as Dazzling except it also applies 3s of weakness?

    Put an ICD on system shocker and the trait is pretty much useless. If a nerf is really needed, then reducing the amount of barrier you get in PvP/WvW would be a better way.
    And yes, expert examination is different than dazzling. Good observation. Since when do traits have to be identical across classes?
    Also dazzling is a minor trait while expert examination is a major trait, major traits tend to be stronger since they are an active choice.

    give shocker 1s icd, so it doesnt proc multiple times on aoe CC, gl fighting that thing on ranger/mesmer, generating ridiculous numbers of barriers due to AOE CC proc that dont even have to hit you, let alone big fights where using one aoe CC can insta give you 3-4k shield every time, add in shocking aura from shield/tempest and you vomit shields.

    also dazzling vs expert are both major traits, and they should be the same to have a balance in the game, now you have a trait that is just better in every way then another, its opposite of balance, or lower the vulnerability but keep the weakness.
    Make the traits different exept the same + extra bits cuz its better class.

  • Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:

    @Kodama.6453 said:

    @Kodama.6453 said:
    So you are telling me a spec that got designed as a tank is playing as a tank.

    Tank specs do not belong in GW2, especially not PvP.

    Scrapper has been an issue since it's inception and >>NEVER<< been fun to fight. The class should never be remotely viable and should be base ele tier.

    Funny statement from someone who recently made a thread asking to get such a tank spec for elementalist with the next expansion.
    I guess you just moved your hatred from holosmith to scrapper now.

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    I have flashbacks from a year ago, scrapper slapping their kitten on node and pushing you off to win by default, what a time to be alive.
    System shocker ICD when ?
    why is Expert Examination applying weakness ? its same skill as Dazzling except it also applies 3s of weakness?

    Put an ICD on system shocker and the trait is pretty much useless. If a nerf is really needed, then reducing the amount of barrier you get in PvP/WvW would be a better way.
    And yes, expert examination is different than dazzling. Good observation. Since when do traits have to be identical across classes?
    Also dazzling is a minor trait while expert examination is a major trait, major traits tend to be stronger since they are an active choice.

    give shocker 1s icd, so it doesnt proc multiple times on aoe CC, gl fighting that thing on ranger/mesmer, generating ridiculous numbers of barriers due to AOE CC proc that dont even have to hit you, let alone big fights where using one aoe CC can insta give you 3-4k shield every time, add in shocking aura from shield/tempest and you vomit shields.

    also dazzling vs expert are both major traits, and they should be the same to have a balance in the game, now you have a trait that is just better in every way then another, its opposite of balance, or lower the vulnerability but keep the weakness.
    Make the traits different exept the same + extra bits cuz its better class.

    Scrapper is supposed to be stronger while fighting multiple targets, it's in the entire design.

    You get additional barrier for each foe you hit with hammer 4.
    You have a mechanic that aids in teamfights by being a ranged AoE stomp/ress.
    Your hammer auto attack gives more might for every foe it hits.
    Your general barrier application from impact savant is increased if you are hitting multiple targets.

    You are supposed to get rewarded for hitting multiple enemies with a CC.
    Putting an ICD on system shocker is contradicting the design. Hence why I say that they should (if anything) decrease the amount of barrier you get. This also decreases the barrier application, but is still coherent with the design of the scrapper to exceed in group fights.

    And aren't you a mesmer main?
    I read it on the wiki, but now hopped onto my mesmer char to confirm it: dazzling is a minor trait, unlike expert examination, which is a major trait.
    And like I said, major traits are supposed to be stronger since they actually have to compete with other choices. Minor traits don't do that, they are a bonus you get for simply picking the trait line.

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kodama.6453 my bad, ment master trait.
    this entire " better at fighting more people as design" is kitten idea, getting 4k barrier in a duel several times over cuz I dare to use my class mechanic is kitten, clones, pets and minions should not generate resources for enemies, be it health, barrier, might, adrenaline, shroud or other kitten, but since it does workarounds are needed.
    And the barrier it gives is over 700, its insane for how easy it is to proc.

    And IF you want to keep scrapper being good at fighting multiple people as class design make it kitten at fighting 1v1, so that you know. It has actual flaw ? As it is RN you cant kill this kitten 1v1 and in bigger fights it generates so much CC and barrier that only way to kill scrapper is to CC lock it into eternity.

  • Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Leonidrex.5649
    Yes, over 700 barrier per CCed target is much in PvP. Hence why I said that if they are going to nerf it, then they should decrease the barrier you get for CCed targets instead of giving the trait an ICD. Because giving it an ICD and therefore preventing to get barrier from multiple targets would make the trait absolutely worthless in PvE. ICDs are a system change which are consistent across the different game modes, if system shocker gets an ICD in PvP, then it also gets one in PvE.

    Cut the barrier from system shocker in half, idc. But don't add an ICD.
    I don't really agree with your statement that minions and other summons should not count for such traits, tho. Yeah, I understand that it is frustrating that mesmer's class mechanic uses adds and these can give enemies advantages. But I see that as counters.

    Maybe it would be best if they gave mesmer a mechanic like soulbeast for the next elite spec. Something that lets the mesmer trade their clones and phantasms for other benefits, which can't get targeted.

    Can't really say that I see scrapper's as unkillable in 1v1 tho.
    Especially the variant using system shocker already is countered by stability. If you don't get disabled, they won't get barrier from it.

  • Ghos.1326Ghos.1326 Member ✭✭✭✭

    While I agree with some of your post, there is a couple things I should mention. This is not to tear your opinion down, but moreso to shed light on Engineer.
    The barrier you get from Impact Savant is minimal at best. Reason being, it's only 15% of strike damage. Condition damage does not apply to this. So lets say you hit a skill that does around 800 damage. You get 10% of that damage (80) + another 5% (halve the 10% value, so another 40). So you'd get 120 barrier. While that sounds good, without the proper damage reduction, that's easily shredded by most attacks in the game besides auto attacks.
    The Adaptive Armor trait that you can take does increase the barrier gained, but not by much. Only by 15%. So you'd have to take that 120 barrier you get, and add another 15% onto that. 10% of 120 is 12, add another 5% which is another 6, and you get 18 more barrier added to that 120, making it 138 barrier for dealing 800 damage. An ok increase, but again, still shredded by most attacks in the game besides autos without the proper other defense to help mitigate more damage at a flat rate.
    We can now look into the Gadgeteer trait which boosts Utility Goggles, which will cause it to grant protection and resistance. This is a good idea, but then the dilemma arises: you have to drop either Inventions or Alchemy, and those 2 trait lines combined together make a great defensive setup.
    Iron Blooded is a great choice in Alchemy for defense, but then you choose to let go of the damage increase from Might when traited to HGH, especially if you're going to use Elixirs. And speaking of Elixirs, if you choose to run U or C, that's a big 40s cooldown for a stun break or a condi conversion, and the boons from the conversion don't last too long after the Feb patch so you'll get a big boost (depending on if you're loaded with conditions or not) to defense for a small amount of time.
    System Shocker is probably one I agree with actually. It's great defensive bursts for CCing your opponent. On the fence on whether or not the barrier should be lowered to around 500 though.
    But here are my thoughts on the thing, I hope this gives you some useful information, if at all. :)

    The greatest enemy to improvement, is ignorance. But the desire to learn will cast ignorance into the fire.

  • @Avatar.3568 said:
    Did not thought that people cry for a mine nerf again, hell what a world do we live

    Scrapper has counterplay

    Stability, dodging or blocking or blinding the big stun field to not get the daze combos

    And lesser goggles has 90 seconds cool down, idk who is using that

    ty advice on avoiding big stun field but decap scrapper doesnt even use hammer, only instant kbs

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2020

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    @Kodama.6453 my bad, ment master trait.
    this entire " better at fighting more people as design" is kitten idea, getting 4k barrier in a duel several times over cuz I dare to use my class mechanic is kitten, clones, pets and minions should not generate resources for enemies, be it health, barrier, might, adrenaline, shroud or other kitten, but since it does workarounds are needed.
    And the barrier it gives is over 700, its insane for how easy it is to proc.

    And IF you want to keep scrapper being good at fighting multiple people as class design make it kitten at fighting 1v1, so that you know. It has actual flaw ? As it is RN you cant kill this kitten 1v1 and in bigger fights it generates so much CC and barrier that only way to kill scrapper is to CC lock it into eternity.

    Good thing scrapper has perma stab so you can't even do that.

    Then you can't kill anyone else around it because it instantly resses them. Add a healer tempest in the mix with res glyph and no one is EVER dying! Very fun and exciting pvp.

  • Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    @Kodama.6453 my bad, ment master trait.
    this entire " better at fighting more people as design" is kitten idea, getting 4k barrier in a duel several times over cuz I dare to use my class mechanic is kitten, clones, pets and minions should not generate resources for enemies, be it health, barrier, might, adrenaline, shroud or other kitten, but since it does workarounds are needed.
    And the barrier it gives is over 700, its insane for how easy it is to proc.

    And IF you want to keep scrapper being good at fighting multiple people as class design make it kitten at fighting 1v1, so that you know. It has actual flaw ? As it is RN you cant kill this kitten 1v1 and in bigger fights it generates so much CC and barrier that only way to kill scrapper is to CC lock it into eternity.

    Good thing scrapper has perma stab so you can't even do that.

    Then you can't kill anyone else around it because it instantly resses them. Add a healer tempest in the mix with res glyph and no one is EVER dying! Very fun and exciting pvp.

    Wait, which scrapper build are you talking about now.
    Because the build that is actually discussed in this thread here has absolutely no stability whatsoever.
    And especially not perma stability.

    If you are talking flamethrower scrapper once again, then this build has other weaknesses which were discussed over and over in other threads.

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kodama.6453 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    @Kodama.6453 my bad, ment master trait.
    this entire " better at fighting more people as design" is kitten idea, getting 4k barrier in a duel several times over cuz I dare to use my class mechanic is kitten, clones, pets and minions should not generate resources for enemies, be it health, barrier, might, adrenaline, shroud or other kitten, but since it does workarounds are needed.
    And the barrier it gives is over 700, its insane for how easy it is to proc.

    And IF you want to keep scrapper being good at fighting multiple people as class design make it kitten at fighting 1v1, so that you know. It has actual flaw ? As it is RN you cant kill this kitten 1v1 and in bigger fights it generates so much CC and barrier that only way to kill scrapper is to CC lock it into eternity.

    Good thing scrapper has perma stab so you can't even do that.

    Then you can't kill anyone else around it because it instantly resses them. Add a healer tempest in the mix with res glyph and no one is EVER dying! Very fun and exciting pvp.

    Wait, which scrapper build are you talking about now.
    Because the build that is actually discussed in this thread here has absolutely no stability whatsoever.
    And especially not perma stability.

    If you are talking flamethrower scrapper once again, then this build has other weaknesses which were discussed over and over in other threads.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kinetic_Stabilizers#:~:text=This trait has been renamed,when the engineer has stability.

    "Gain stability and superspeed when disabling an enemy. Outgoing stun and daze durations increased."

  • Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Kodama.6453 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    @Kodama.6453 my bad, ment master trait.
    this entire " better at fighting more people as design" is kitten idea, getting 4k barrier in a duel several times over cuz I dare to use my class mechanic is kitten, clones, pets and minions should not generate resources for enemies, be it health, barrier, might, adrenaline, shroud or other kitten, but since it does workarounds are needed.
    And the barrier it gives is over 700, its insane for how easy it is to proc.

    And IF you want to keep scrapper being good at fighting multiple people as class design make it kitten at fighting 1v1, so that you know. It has actual flaw ? As it is RN you cant kill this kitten 1v1 and in bigger fights it generates so much CC and barrier that only way to kill scrapper is to CC lock it into eternity.

    Good thing scrapper has perma stab so you can't even do that.

    Then you can't kill anyone else around it because it instantly resses them. Add a healer tempest in the mix with res glyph and no one is EVER dying! Very fun and exciting pvp.

    Wait, which scrapper build are you talking about now.
    Because the build that is actually discussed in this thread here has absolutely no stability whatsoever.
    And especially not perma stability.

    If you are talking flamethrower scrapper once again, then this build has other weaknesses which were discussed over and over in other threads.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kinetic_Stabilizers#:~:text=This trait has been renamed,when the engineer has stability.

    "Gain stability and superspeed when disabling an enemy. Outgoing stun and daze durations increased."

    This one is countered in the way I only described: Get stability yourself. No CC, no stability.

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2020

    @Kodama.6453 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Kodama.6453 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    @Kodama.6453 my bad, ment master trait.
    this entire " better at fighting more people as design" is kitten idea, getting 4k barrier in a duel several times over cuz I dare to use my class mechanic is kitten, clones, pets and minions should not generate resources for enemies, be it health, barrier, might, adrenaline, shroud or other kitten, but since it does workarounds are needed.
    And the barrier it gives is over 700, its insane for how easy it is to proc.

    And IF you want to keep scrapper being good at fighting multiple people as class design make it kitten at fighting 1v1, so that you know. It has actual flaw ? As it is RN you cant kill this kitten 1v1 and in bigger fights it generates so much CC and barrier that only way to kill scrapper is to CC lock it into eternity.

    Good thing scrapper has perma stab so you can't even do that.

    Then you can't kill anyone else around it because it instantly resses them. Add a healer tempest in the mix with res glyph and no one is EVER dying! Very fun and exciting pvp.

    Wait, which scrapper build are you talking about now.
    Because the build that is actually discussed in this thread here has absolutely no stability whatsoever.
    And especially not perma stability.

    If you are talking flamethrower scrapper once again, then this build has other weaknesses which were discussed over and over in other threads.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kinetic_Stabilizers#:~:text=This trait has been renamed,when the engineer has stability.

    "Gain stability and superspeed when disabling an enemy. Outgoing stun and daze durations increased."

    This one is countered in the way I only described: Get stability yourself. No CC, no stability.

    How many classes actually have stability now? Dwarf rev, firebrand, ele, scrapper? That's mostly it...

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defense_Field
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/System_Shocker

    Leaping(hammer 3) in your lightning fields is also a ton of CC, dazzling strike or whatever. Not enough stab in the game to counter 5 + 3 or f5 + 3 generally.

    So I guess the counter to scrapper is being a scrapper. btw when your only real counter is yourself that means your class /build is overpowered

  • ApaWanka.2698ApaWanka.2698 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2020

    It’s faster to say who don’t have stability.... thief.

    All the other clases have some form of stability that maybe it’s not used on meta builds, but the build that you are discussing is no meta either.

    Additionally I you want to counter that guy just need to not play his game and ignore him. Leave him on a node and +1 his team on the rest of the map.

    Or you can send your necro and corrupt this stab, that becomes fear and you can recap the point. Been a not boon heavy build the corrupt can’t fail to get the stab. EZ

    So, let’s don’t waste time on meme builds not really populate and easy to counter.

  • gousgou.5438gousgou.5438 Member ✭✭
    edited September 1, 2020

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Kodama.6453 said:
    So you are telling me a spec that got designed as a tank is playing as a tank.

    Tank specs do not belong in GW2, especially not PvP.

    Scrapper has been an issue since it's inception and >>NEVER<< been fun to fight. The class should never be remotely viable and should be base ele tier.

    "The class should never been remotely viable" !!!! Are you insane?

    You are asking for a game that whole classes or specs are useless? Who are you to decide that a class or spec should be useless because it is not likeable by you?

    The class should never be viable? No my friend, I say every class and spec should be viable, else it fails at design and implementation level.

    Who the [email protected] would play such a game where whole classes are destined to be useless and uplayable? Are you really advocating pro destroying the game completely?

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @gousgou.5438 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Kodama.6453 said:
    So you are telling me a spec that got designed as a tank is playing as a tank.

    Tank specs do not belong in GW2, especially not PvP.

    Scrapper has been an issue since it's inception and >>NEVER<< been fun to fight. The class should never be remotely viable and should be base ele tier.

    "The class should never been remotely viable" !!!! Are you insane?

    You are asking for a game that whole classes or specs are useless? Who are you to decide that a class or spec should be useless because it is not likeable by you?

    The class should never be viable? No my friend, I say every class and spec should be viable, else it fails at design and implementation level.

    Who the [email protected] would play such a game where whole classes are destined to be useless and uplayable? Are you really advocating pro destroying the game completely?

    The skills team makes PvE classes, not pvp. That's why a lot of traits have 300s cds - so they're essentially removed from pvp.

    So yes, I am.

  • @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @gousgou.5438 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Kodama.6453 said:
    So you are telling me a spec that got designed as a tank is playing as a tank.

    Tank specs do not belong in GW2, especially not PvP.

    Scrapper has been an issue since it's inception and >>NEVER<< been fun to fight. The class should never be remotely viable and should be base ele tier.

    "The class should never been remotely viable" !!!! Are you insane?

    You are asking for a game that whole classes or specs are useless? Who are you to decide that a class or spec should be useless because it is not likeable by you?

    The class should never be viable? No my friend, I say every class and spec should be viable, else it fails at design and implementation level.

    Who the [email protected] would play such a game where whole classes are destined to be useless and uplayable? Are you really advocating pro destroying the game completely?

    The skills team makes PvE classes, not pvp. That's why a lot of traits have 300s cds - so they're essentially removed from pvp.

    So yes, I am.

    Then you are surely asking for a dead game. I don't know about you but for me why should I invest my time in a game where whole classes are nothing but a placeholder for whole chunks of the game? And why should other people invest their time? Why would someone be forced to enjoy their limited gameplay choices and be happy with that and not just stop playing and find something else to spend their time on.

    So yeah "delete" classes all you want, the end result will be there will not be a playerbase left at some point.

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @gousgou.5438 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @gousgou.5438 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Kodama.6453 said:
    So you are telling me a spec that got designed as a tank is playing as a tank.

    Tank specs do not belong in GW2, especially not PvP.

    Scrapper has been an issue since it's inception and >>NEVER<< been fun to fight. The class should never be remotely viable and should be base ele tier.

    "The class should never been remotely viable" !!!! Are you insane?

    You are asking for a game that whole classes or specs are useless? Who are you to decide that a class or spec should be useless because it is not likeable by you?

    The class should never be viable? No my friend, I say every class and spec should be viable, else it fails at design and implementation level.

    Who the [email protected] would play such a game where whole classes are destined to be useless and uplayable? Are you really advocating pro destroying the game completely?

    The skills team makes PvE classes, not pvp. That's why a lot of traits have 300s cds - so they're essentially removed from pvp.

    So yes, I am.

    Then you are surely asking for a dead game. I don't know about you but for me why should I invest my time in a game where whole classes are nothing but a placeholder for whole chunks of the game? And why should other people invest their time? Why would someone be forced to enjoy their limited gameplay choices and be happy with that and not just stop playing and find something else to spend their time on.

    So yeah "delete" classes all you want, the end result will be there will not be a playerbase left at some point.

    That's essentially what they did to warrior, scourge and druid.

  • @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @gousgou.5438 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @gousgou.5438 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Kodama.6453 said:
    So you are telling me a spec that got designed as a tank is playing as a tank.

    Tank specs do not belong in GW2, especially not PvP.

    Scrapper has been an issue since it's inception and >>NEVER<< been fun to fight. The class should never be remotely viable and should be base ele tier.

    "The class should never been remotely viable" !!!! Are you insane?

    You are asking for a game that whole classes or specs are useless? Who are you to decide that a class or spec should be useless because it is not likeable by you?

    The class should never be viable? No my friend, I say every class and spec should be viable, else it fails at design and implementation level.

    Who the [email protected] would play such a game where whole classes are destined to be useless and uplayable? Are you really advocating pro destroying the game completely?

    The skills team makes PvE classes, not pvp. That's why a lot of traits have 300s cds - so they're essentially removed from pvp.

    So yes, I am.

    Then you are surely asking for a dead game. I don't know about you but for me why should I invest my time in a game where whole classes are nothing but a placeholder for whole chunks of the game? And why should other people invest their time? Why would someone be forced to enjoy their limited gameplay choices and be happy with that and not just stop playing and find something else to spend their time on.

    So yeah "delete" classes all you want, the end result will be there will not be a playerbase left at some point.

    That's essentially what they did to warrior, scourge and druid.

    So instead of moving to a direction where solid balancing is made and all class and specs are viable and fun, we are asking for the destruction of more????

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2020

    @gousgou.5438 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @gousgou.5438 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @gousgou.5438 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Kodama.6453 said:
    So you are telling me a spec that got designed as a tank is playing as a tank.

    Tank specs do not belong in GW2, especially not PvP.

    Scrapper has been an issue since it's inception and >>NEVER<< been fun to fight. The class should never be remotely viable and should be base ele tier.

    "The class should never been remotely viable" !!!! Are you insane?

    You are asking for a game that whole classes or specs are useless? Who are you to decide that a class or spec should be useless because it is not likeable by you?

    The class should never be viable? No my friend, I say every class and spec should be viable, else it fails at design and implementation level.

    Who the [email protected] would play such a game where whole classes are destined to be useless and uplayable? Are you really advocating pro destroying the game completely?

    The skills team makes PvE classes, not pvp. That's why a lot of traits have 300s cds - so they're essentially removed from pvp.

    So yes, I am.

    Then you are surely asking for a dead game. I don't know about you but for me why should I invest my time in a game where whole classes are nothing but a placeholder for whole chunks of the game? And why should other people invest their time? Why would someone be forced to enjoy their limited gameplay choices and be happy with that and not just stop playing and find something else to spend their time on.

    So yeah "delete" classes all you want, the end result will be there will not be a playerbase left at some point.

    That's essentially what they did to warrior, scourge and druid.

    So instead of moving to a direction where solid balancing is made and all class and specs are viable and fun, we are asking for the destruction of more????

    If your class is unhealthy for the game in a mechanical way, it should remain unviable until it's made into a healthier state by the skills team.
    This is why turrets are unviable in PvP.

  • Static turrets are unhealthy for PvP? What for? They auto kill players? Next we are gonna hear is how tanky mesmer clones are.

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @gousgou.5438 said:
    Static turrets are unhealthy for PvP? What for? They auto kill players? Next we are gonna hear is how tanky mesmer clones are.

    Yes, turrets were incredibly unhealthy in Vanilla and were nerfed to the ground and never rebuffed.

  • Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2, 2020

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @gousgou.5438 said:
    Static turrets are unhealthy for PvP? What for? They auto kill players? Next we are gonna hear is how tanky mesmer clones are.

    Yes, turrets were incredibly unhealthy in Vanilla and were nerfed to the ground and never rebuffed.

    With all the extra sustain and defense that found it's way into the game, I think they could actually buff up turrets quite some without them being problematic anymore.

    But I guess Anet will just keep acting like they don't exist anymore while mocking us by adding more turret using dominion npcs.

  • I love this game but I'm really sad! I have a question! Why do you create these overpowered classes for players to take advantage of in the game? Seriously? Are you going to read this and will you say something or do something to solve it? There are two problems today: the "OP scrapper class" and the "Arena Net" that solve this problem! I've been playing gw2 for over 5 years and I've never seen a fair balance path for everyone! the WvW is more and more annoying! Arena Net please when will this end?

  • mine complaints lol

    Te lazla otstara.