Heal scourge in fractals

silent killer.5732

I’ve been playing hsc for about a month nowMan its reliable to some degree but why it requires a lot of work I don’t understandMy healing scourge is full magi and mercy runesBut in order to do his thing he needs to be in shroud which is shroud 5 only and it has a 7 second cdAll shades can put him in shroud or making sand flair hit aoe at least

Hsc always considered as a secondary healerWho in the right mindset will ever want a secondary healer over the hfb while he can run one healer one bs one alac and two dps

Please make changes so the hsc can fit in one of the categories

• Why Magi and Mercy? Consider equipment with healing as a secondary stat and mixing equipment for dps with equipment for sustain or support? You can still support with Viper's, Carrion or another equipment set that offers a damage increase.
  • Barriers and blood magic are available without any healing power so try to support without costing too much of your own dps.
  • A group with 2 healers sounds conservative and indicates a rough composition.
  • Please elaborate on why Scourge needs to be in shroud so much. As support-Scourge, your main concerns are to build LF as efficiently as possible and time barriers before your group needs them.

Scourge is not easy to play. There is a lot going on to keep track of but that does not excuse horrible dps. Scourge is a Necromancer specialization, not a different spelling of Druid. You have to do damage, inflict conditions, and focus on life force management.

If you are second support, your job is to apply barrier before a boss uses AoE or a big attack. The rest of the group can heal themselves and each other. It is fine to use Transfusion and Ritual of Life but Life from Death is not recommended on Scourge. Always keep in mind that Scourge is not supposed to use shroud as much as core or Reaper and there is a cost to do so.

Try running condi-Scourge with cheap Carrion equipment, Krait runes, Spite, Curses, and Scourge, then focus on using F3, Sand Cascade, on your group when a boss gives warning a big attack is coming and F2 when they get conditions. If the group gets into trouble, you can drop Spite or Curses and pick up Blood Magic while not nerfing your own dps into the ground.

Necro does not do competitive dps in good groups but does do consistent dps so, in struggling groups you may easily do top damage. Do not waste that potential by trying too hard to compete with a main heal and buff specialization like Druid. Just be a supporty Necro.

@Anchoku.8142 said:

• Why Magi and Mercy? Consider equipment with healing as a secondary stat and mixing equipment for dps with equipment for sustain or support? You can still support with Viper's, Carrion or another equipment set that offers a damage increase.
  • Barriers and blood magic are available without any healing power so try to support without costing too much of your own dps.
  • A group with 2 healers sounds conservative and indicates a rough composition.
  • Please elaborate on why Scourge needs to be in shroud so much. As support-Scourge, your main concerns are to build LF as efficiently as possible and time barriers before your group needs them.

Scourge is not easy to play. There is a lot going on to keep track of but that does not excuse horrible dps. Scourge is a Necromancer specialization, not a different spelling of Druid. You have to do damage, inflict conditions, and focus on life force management.

If you are second support, your job is to apply barrier before a boss uses AoE or a big attack. The rest of the group can heal themselves and each other. It is fine to use Transfusion and Ritual of Life but Life from Death is not recommended on Scourge. Always keep in mind that Scourge is not supposed to use shroud as much as core or Reaper and there is a cost to do so.

Try running condi-Scourge with cheap Carrion equipment, Krait runes, Spite, Curses, and Scourge, then focus on using F3, Sand Cascade, on your group when a boss gives warning a big attack is coming and F2 when they get conditions. If the group gets into trouble, you can drop Spite or Curses and pick up Blood Magic while not nerfing your own dps into the ground.

Necro does not do competitive dps in good groups but does do consistent dps so, in struggling groups you may easily do top damage. Do not waste that potential by trying too hard to compete with a main heal and buff specialization like Druid. Just be a supporty Necro.

This is exactly my issue with hscI have viper scourge and zerk reaper and magi scourge but I found it weird to have a healing rule who can’t do much better than if I put the healing build in the fully geared Condi Scourge

I want them to do something for the hsc so we can have him play some major roleTbh theres different if you play full magi scourge the barriers will almost last forever but that’s about itYou can’t do anything more than what the Condi Scourge can do if he decided to run healing build

I know your feeling, Heal Scourge is the most enjoyable healer to me, you literally can't die so you can place all your focus on allies, an can teleport/res your downed allies faster than anything else, downed state is barelly an issue combined with mercy rune.

Of course safety is a valuable addition to a group, but a healing scourge is all about carrying and not improving the killing time at all, so if you are playing with bad players, it will be slower, no one will die, but it will take forever, and if you are with good players, it's literally overkill.Even the most dps focused build has some personal healing and with a good Heal Scourge they don't even need to use it, and it's a waste, a scourge brings just too much safety when you are playing with decent teammates, and the problem is, it brings nothing else to compensate.I personaly don't care that much about the killing time but the Scourge needs some love in the support department, too much safety but absolutely nothing else.

Tho' the dedicated heal scourge is pretty enjoyable for some heavy aoe oriented bosses in the open world.

Hsc always considered as a secondary healerWho in the right mindset will ever want a secondary healer over the hfb while he can run one healer one bs one alac and two dps

I'm not sure to understand.HSc is considered as a secondary healer ... for raids. Not in fractals.

The barrier is a strong mechanic, it really helps for Scholar runes for example, or ignore some attacks/aoe etc, plus obviously you are the rez machine.The "issue" with healscourge : you shine with newbies, but you're almost useless with regulars, when FB, druid etc still have offensives buffs ...I don't think HSC needs to share more boons, like quickness/alacrity, or you just kill chrono/FB/Ren ; but it could get some improvements to vampiric presence ( ¼ icd instead of ½ ), Sage Sand "people in sand shades earn concentration and expertise", or apply a "vampiric aura" when you use BiP etc. Not "mandatory buffs" like banners, but things that compensate a little.