I thought up of an elite spec concept for Mesmer but I have a question

harkem.2051

I wrote up an elite spec concept called the Pandemonist, which wields a Shortbow and gains access to the Arcane skill category. It overhauls Illusions and Shatters, and it's themed around manifesting concepts that contradict fundamental rules of reality. Other common themes include temporarily manipulating probability, creating paradoxes, and overwriting the laws of physics. Take any rule or law that governs reality and the Pandemonist messes with it. However, I'm not sure if this spec fits Mesmer.

Inspiration for this elite spec concept was taken from The Secret World, in which there is Chaos Magic; a type of magic that revolves around small-scale reality warping. I'm aware that Chaos Magic is already one of Mesmer's trait lines, but that works differently from TSW's Chaos Magic. I wanted to make this spec less about applying random boons, and more about contradicting reality.

My question is this: Is this a fitting power for Mesmer to have? Does it not seem Mesmer-y to have this sort of reality-breaking power? If not Mesmer, then which class would fit better?

I have everything written out. I've written out all of the Pandemonist's weapon skills and utility skills, and I've written out all of the traits and the changes to Illusions and Shatters. However I'm hesitant about sharing it, because I'm having second thoughts on whether or not the Mesmer should have this power.

@"harkem.2051" said:I wrote up an elite spec concept called the Pandemonist, which wields a Shortbow and gains access to the Arcane skill category. It overhauls Illusions and Shatters, and it's themed around manifesting concepts that contradict fundamental rules of reality. Other common themes include temporarily manipulating probability, creating paradoxes, and overwriting the laws of physics. Take any rule or law that governs reality and the Pandemonist messes with it. However, I'm not sure if this spec fits Mesmer.

Inspiration for this elite spec concept was taken from The Secret World, in which there is Chaos Magic; a type of magic that revolves around small-scale reality warping. I'm aware that Chaos Magic is already one of Mesmer's trait lines, but that works differently from TSW's Chaos Magic. I wanted to make this spec less about applying random boons, and more about contradicting reality.

My question is this: Is this a fitting power for Mesmer to have? Does it not seem Mesmer-y to have this sort of reality-breaking power? If not Mesmer, then which class would fit better?

I have everything written out. I've written out all of the Pandemonist's weapon skills and utility skills, and I've written out all of the traits and the changes to Illusions and Shatters. However I'm hesitant about sharing it, because I'm having second thoughts on whether or not the Mesmer should have this power.

Mesmers are masters of illusion and control, subverting the enemy’s Energy for their own use, and that of their allies. Combined with any other profession, their skills provide excellent support, turning enemies’ powers against them and changing the very fabric of reality to hinder foes and help allies

let me repeat the main thing I wanted to share.turning enemies’ powers against them and changing the very fabric of reality to hinder foes and help alliesmesmer SHOULD by definition be what you are looking to makethis quote is from guild wars wiki btw, https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mesmer

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:Mesmers are masters of illusion and control, subverting the enemy’s Energy for their own use, and that of their allies. Combined with any other profession, their skills provide excellent support, turning enemies’ powers against them and changing the very fabric of reality to hinder foes and help allies

let me repeat the main thing I wanted to share.turning enemies’ powers against them and changing the very fabric of reality to hinder foes and help alliesmesmer SHOULD by definition be what you are looking to makethis quote is from guild wars wiki btw, https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mesmer

Well, that works. I'll post the traits and skills and everything once I feel like it's ready to be shared.

• 3 weeks later...

Just gonna warn right off the bat that there are people who are gonna straight up reject yur concept due to how it advertises "Reality breaking" which could be closely translated to "Rule breaking" aka opgg unbalanced af.

Go for it though, may be a better write up than 80% of the Elite spec concepts that have been popping up on the forum ever since Cantha Expansion was announced.