Leveling elementalist - build/stats?

Lynx.9058

I just started an asura elementalist as my second character (main is a charr engineer). Currently level 15 so I've finally opened up all four atunements and started getting utility skills unlocked.

I mostly prefer earth and fire, and am running dual daggers. Occasionally I'll use air or water situationally. I'm not sure what stats on my gear I should be utilizing, though - fire inflicts burning, earth skills inflict bleeding, which would lead me to believe that this is a condition damage build, but I thought the same thing about my engineer's flamethrower and it turns out that kit benefits more from a power build (when I swapped him from condition to power gear at level 25 or so the difference was night and day in how easy I could kill mobs).

Just kind of looking for guidance on which stats to go with, and which utility skills are best for open world leveling/soloing. In particular how to deal with heavier hitters like elites/champions.

You don't really have the choice while leveling; you regulary switch all pieces of equipment and so you just take what feels more powerful overall.Just try to prioritize power/precision/condition damage, and feel free to add vitality etc if you feel more confortable with tankiness.What's good with elem d/d you're hybrid and all skills all attunements are useful; you can mix power and condition for leveling.Fire and Arcane are good start for traitlines.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Assuming you are free to play, D/D ele is good at hybrid damage or condition damage. Not sure what to recommend for optimal stats because i barely pve

I keep seeing people mention 'freet o play', but I see no subscription option with this game... lol.

I've purchased path of fire/heart of thorns, so as far as I know that means everything is unlocked. Dumped more money than I care to admit into the gem store for makeover kits already too.

@Lynx.9058 said:

@"FrownyClown.8402" said:Assuming you are free to play, D/D ele is good at hybrid damage or condition damage. Not sure what to recommend for optimal stats because i barely pve

I keep seeing people mention 'freet o play', but I see no subscription option with this game... lol.

I've purchased path of fire/heart of thorns, so as far as I know that means everything is unlocked. Dumped more money than I care to admit into the gem store for makeover kits already too.

There is, unfortunately, more to it. In addition to PoF/HoT, there is DLC in the form of living world seasons 2, 3, 4, and now the Icebrood Saga, prologue and episodes 1-4. This content is free if you logged in while they were live, but must be purchased with gems/gold otherwise. But when players talk about "free to play" they are referring to accounts that haven't purchased PoF/HoT. There is no subscription.