Flamethrower scrapper is butchering meta specs. — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Flamethrower scrapper is butchering meta specs.

Babylon.8972Babylon.8972 Member ✭✭

There is new king of the hill, flamethrower scrappers. Its absolutete being and not possible to kill without 2-3 people. It have perma stability, huge AoE dmg with flamethrower and in addition on that, it gets broken amount of barrier. Its killing all the meta specs right now in 1v1 and making my nade holo completely out of meta, since why would you pick weaker spec when there is FT scrap? You need remove stability trait, take 15% dmg off from flamethrower and also tone down a scrapper a bit. If u dont do that, nade holo is dead for good and you lose most of your engi community from PvP. My cousin is gold 1 rank but he climbed up to plat 1 by playing FT scrapper, that is kinda good proof how busted that spec is.

Comments

• Lucentfir.7430Lucentfir.7430 Member ✭✭✭

This day and age of Gw2 is all about nerfing everything, so lets keep the complaints coming, nerf away Anet. :blush:

• Yes I agree. There is a player called Suffish in eu. He reached legendary playing scrapper. Super op build and cant be killed. He normally is only plat 1-2. He used to get destroyed by the best holosmith ingame ingame named Angeels. But now he destroys him instead because the build is so op.

As a thief I have a very hard time killing him because he just spams cc all over the place. Its inpossible to fight this

• @zarcon.7820 said:
    Yes I agree. There is a player called Suffish in eu. He reached legendary playing scrapper. Super op build and cant be killed. He normally is only plat 1-2. He used to get destroyed by the best holosmith ingame ingame named Angeels. But now he destroys him instead because the build is so op.

As a thief I have a very hard time killing him because he just spams cc all over the place. Its inpossible to fight this

Yes, he is one of the known abusers of this build. There is lot of low rated players that have climbed high with this spec, its basicly freeride to plat 2-3 or legendary. My brother dont play pvp but said that this build seems to be very strong when he was watching me playing vs it.

• Its unfair to real good players. I was rank 1 two years ago but now i cant get to plat 2 because so mich of this build is being played. 8/10 people in top 10 play holosmith or sceapper how is that even normal?! Do something arenanet!!!!!

• Babylon.8972Babylon.8972 Member ✭✭
    edited August 29, 2020

@zarcon.7820 said:
    Its unfair to real good players. I was rank 1 two years ago but now i cant get to plat 2 because so mich of this build is being played. 8/10 people in top 10 play holosmith or sceapper how is that even normal?! Do something arenanet!!!!!

Anet still probably does not care, they will lost hundred players daily due to this

• @Drachenfalke.7605 said:

@Babylon.8972 said:
    and making my nade holo completely out of meta,

Wait…. a holosmith is complaining About a scrapper? Lol, you made my day!! :) Now we have 2 lame builds for engineer….

Holo is not op as FT scrapper

• Ultramex.1506Ultramex.1506 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2020

I remember when people complained about how pitiful the barrier was when it first released, hoooo boy

• Bazsi.2734Bazsi.2734 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2020

I find this oddly hilarious. One engi spec crying to nerf another one. You know you might end up with engi gutted so hard, it will be out of the meta as a whole.

Aaand second half of the comment edited out. I think the trolls finally got me. LoL.

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

I've never heard about that scrapper in EU. Wonder what their build is so I can learn to counter it, or understand its weaknesses

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    CLOK Commander and all around nice bro

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hum, if you let this boy freecast it is an absolute monster, but once it gets pressured it doesn't do much.

• Kuma.1503Kuma.1503 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2020

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    I've never heard about that scrapper in EU. Wonder what their build is so I can learn to counter it, or understand its weaknesses

It run elixirs, fireams and scrapper, and it abuses the synergy between Mass momentum and Juggernaut. Its counters are:

Boon corrupt - Free fears for days
    Retaliation - Flamethrower hits 10x per auto. they'll kill themselves as fast as they kill you.
    Any kind of burst damge. Power or Condi - this build explodes under pressure, its cleanse is terrible.
    Kiting - It's a very slow build. Rangers and thieves have a field day with it.
    Immobilize - permastab doesn't stop immob. If it has any other condis on it, what little cleanse it does have won't be enough to cleanse it.
    Chain CC - It runs one stunbreak tops. Some scrappers don't run any. If you lock it down it's dead.
    Z Axis abuse - Flamethrower is very buggy around inclines. It will aim into the ground and miss. Unless they're using action cam, there's little they can do to avoid this.
    +1s - this build does not handle being outnumbered very well.
    Steal - It rips away their stab and dazes.

Good classes to play into it are:
    Guard - Immob + Burns + Retal = A bad time for the scrapper
    Rev - Bursts it then gets out of dodge. Crev lays out more constant condi pressue than it can handle
    Ranger - Easily kites it or spams it with immob.
    Cthief - It doesn't have the cleanse to deal with that condi burst
    Engineer - Holo is basically it but better
    Necro - Free boon corrupts. Fears = more dps
    Ele - Blam weaver is designed to beat holos, but it also works well into Ft scrapper.
    Mesmer - Kites it, Condi bombs, boon rips. Just be mindful of shredder Gyro. It will delete clones and give them mega barrier.

tl;dr this build is pure meme.

• @Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Apparently this amazing FT Scrapper build has absolutely no weaknesses and shreds through everything with adamantine level damage and the sustain/stability of the incredible hulk.

I've personally never seen this build used in anything outside of unranked and definitely not used by any good players. Maybe I should be thankful for that seeing as how some people seem to say that it is a saiyan tier build!

GodKingEeyeEeyeOh or whatever his name is was the only guy I've ever seen running this in NA until recently.

Apparently dodging the super tough rotation of 1111111 is too much for some players in this game.

• Paradoxoglanis.1904Paradoxoglanis.1904 Member ✭✭✭✭

The troll flamethrower build only works vs bad players. Sure it has some decent matchups but its not really competitive in the meta and its easily avoidable. The side node explosive scrapper is far better.

• Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭✭

Oh dear, another build that's winning all around, I wonder if that's not because people are so obsessed by the CC meta they forgot stability existed and now all they have is useless CC spam because Stability nullifies their cheesy spam to kill anything, it's OP! Absolutely do not try to do what has been done since the dawn of time which is adapt and change.

Willing to help with anything Revenant related.

• ArthurDent.9538ArthurDent.9538 Member ✭✭✭✭

@zarcon.7820 said:
    Yes I agree. There is a player called Suffish in eu. He reached legendary playing scrapper. Super op build and cant be killed. He normally is only plat 1-2. He used to get destroyed by the best holosmith ingame ingame named Angeels. But now he destroys him instead because the build is so op.

Can't tell if memeing or serious.

• @Lucentfir.7430 said:
    This day and age of Gw2 is all about nerfing everything, so lets keep the complaints coming, nerf away Anet. :blush:

idk what you talking about. Warrior needs a buff.
    Aint a single warrior build thats meta or great.
    Berserker is a joke right now, it needs a buff.

• Lucentfir.7430Lucentfir.7430 Member ✭✭✭

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@Lucentfir.7430 said:

idk what you talking about. Warrior needs a buff.
    Aint a single warrior build thats meta or great.
    Berserker is a joke right now, it needs a buff.

My previous post means people want things to be nerfed to oblivion instead of improving anything else because power creep, and not wanting to be adaptable. Yeah warrior needs buffs but it probably won't for quite a bit., because too many people are going to cry foul if warrior gets anything decent, and ANet being slow to deliver actual changes.

• saerni.2584saerni.2584 Member ✭✭✭✭

I took a nice break to do a lot of WvW and...I live for these threads.

@Ghos.1326 care to comment?

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
    Deadeye (Thief)
    Commandant of P/D and Apex Predator

• Ghos.1326Ghos.1326 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2020

Flamethrower Scrapper is not as OP as people make it out to be. As well, it's not this super meme build that others make it out to be either.
    It does have weakness to immob, heavy consistent condition pressure, and burst damage, as the build I run goes with HGH with Elixir U and C. C has a high cooldown, so does U. Taking Firearms in general forces you to give up one of the best defensive trait combos in the game Alchemy + Inventions, so you lose a lot of survivability right off the bat. Stability is moreso a means of ensuring you can deal your damage while the might building ensure high damage.
    It's only main damaging skill is the auto. The autos (unless under the effects of quickness) take 2 and a half seconds to complete, and unless you build completely for crit chance, it doesn't do much damage at all. Which is why in Firearms, you take 3-3-1 (all extra crit chance and then Juggernaut). The build is a DPS role, with a secondary in self support buffing to empower yourself. But because it lacks numerous defensive tactics unlike a ranger, warrior, or even different scrapper builds, if it gets focused on, it'll drop quickly unless you have a healer with you, which is ideal because why would you not want a healer with you to help sustain you while you pump out damage? Any damage carry build would be foolish to not be around a healer.
    But yeah, it's definitely not OP. It sacrifices a LOT in order to gain its offensive benefits.

The greatest enemy to improvement, is ignorance. But the desire to learn will cast ignorance into the fire.

• @Ghos.1326 said:
    Flamethrower Scrapper is not as OP as people make it out to be. As well, it's not this super meme build that others make it out to be either.
    It does have weakness to immob, heavy consistent condition pressure, and burst damage, as the build I run goes with HGH with Elixir U and C. C has a high cooldown, so does U. Taking Firearms in general forces you to give up one of the best defensive trait combos in the game Alchemy + Inventions, so you lose a lot of survivability right off the bat. Stability is moreso a means of ensuring you can deal your damage while the might building ensure high damage.
    It's only main damaging skill is the auto. The autos (unless under the effects of quickness) take 2 and a half seconds to complete, and unless you build completely for crit chance, it doesn't do much damage at all. Which is why in Firearms, you take 3-3-1 (all extra crit chance and then Juggernaut). The build is a DPS role, with a secondary in self support buffing to empower yourself. But because it lacks numerous defensive tactics unlike a ranger, warrior, or even different scrapper builds, if it gets focused on, it'll drop quickly unless you have a healer with you, which is ideal because why would you not want a healer with you to help sustain you while you pump out damage? Any damage carry build would be foolish to not be around a healer.
    But yeah, it's definitely not OP. It sacrifices a LOT in order to gain its offensive benefits.

You forget the point that scrappers cannot be bursted down. See Suffish he is rank 6 in pvp eu. 5 people needed to kill him

• Mindless.9721Mindless.9721 Member
    edited September 1, 2020

I love how the people on here who always argue "it only works against bad players" or "just learn how to play against it" never really say ANYTHING about how to actually counter such builds.
    Some real Grade A contribution to the discussion on this forum.

• Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mindless.9721 said:
    I love how the people on here who always argue "it only works against bad players" or "just learn how to play against it" never really say ANYTHING about how to actually counter such builds.

They do but this isn't the only thread about it and people get tired of repeating themselves for people who seldom actually care about the details and just want to complain.

• Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2020

@zarcon.7820 said:

@Ghos.1326 said:

You forget the point that scrappers cannot be bursted down. See Suffish he is rank 6 in pvp eu. 5 people needed to kill him

Are you sure that this guy is actually playing the flamethrower scrapper build that is discussed here?
    Because you mentioned that this suffish guy is spamming CC, yet flamethrower scrapper definitely doesn't do that.

I also kinda doubt that flamethrower scrapper is viable that high on the ladder.
    And if he is that tanky, then he most likely uses system shocker.
    Anet forgot to reduce the barrier you get per CCed target in PvP, you get over 700 barrier for everyone you CC currently. Which can be tons of barrier with a single AoE CC.

But that has nothing to do with flamethrower scrapper, since that build isn't using that trait. Flamethrower scrapper is vulnerable to getting bursted down.

• Strider.7849Strider.7849 Member ✭✭✭

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Apparently this amazing FT Scrapper build has absolutely no weaknesses and shreds through everything with adamantine level damage and the sustain/stability of the incredible hulk.

I've personally never seen this build used in anything outside of unranked and definitely not used by any good players. Maybe I should be thankful for that seeing as how some people seem to say that it is a saiyan tier build!

My juvenile snow owl has wrecked half this forum. So it's not unrealistic for people to think.... Lol.. flamethrower scrapper is OP.

• ApaWanka.2698ApaWanka.2698 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2020

@Mindless.9721 said:

1 that build have no stun breaks and one stack of stab every 3s. You just need to double CC him and the Scrapper will have to eat all your damage.

2 Really weak agains necros (corrupt stab into fear)

3 Weak agains weakness condition (barrier application who is the main source of sustain is based on DPS output)

4 long range DPS ... anyone that can kite keeping out of FT range will avoid Barrier sustain and kill slow but easy the build.

5 focus by 2 higher dps spike builds. The build designed for long fights where the continuous barrier application work as sustain. A good spike from two Burt build will ez kill FT scrapper.

6 Out-dps the build forcing him to kite and lose their sustain source. Reaper, Berserker, laser disk holo (not meta but hard hitting build, at least against low mobility as FT) And more....

I hope this help to understand the weakness of that build and why/how can be countered

• Teb.6980Teb.6980 Member ✭✭

Main holo here. No grenades, I played FT only because I found it was memetastic

Anet and everyone else

Have you noticed that the february overhaul completely ignored certain kits and transformations?
    The main offenders being lich and grenades, which were already pretty OP before it
    After it they got an effective +33% damage boost.

So there is that, pls review ur code anet ily

• Zawn.9647Zawn.9647 Member ✭✭✭

@Lucentfir.7430 said:

so your suggestion would be to buff everything else? great, you should become a game designer :)
    in 3-4 patches the game would be something like: "anyone that lands the first skill wins"

gratz

• @Zawn.9647 said:

@Lucentfir.7430 said:

so your suggestion would be to buff everything else? great, you should become a game designer :)
    in 3-4 patches the game would be something like: "anyone that lands the first skill wins"

gratz

Gotta love the passive aggressive reply :Kekw: I'd love to have you as a poster on my game's forums, so i can pretend I'm listening, and do the complete opposite of whatever you're suggesting. Your post already tells a lot by assumption. You don't think I believe in reasonable balancing. like i haven't been here for 8 years and played all the classes already, i'm just telling it how it is, especially with all the threads going for, nerf flamethower engineer, nerf shortbow 5 :lol:

• people dont understand sarcasm of others is a funny thing.

fun thread. keep it up!

• Okay, even my meme condi berzerker with Mace/torch and Mace/shield beats this build because it has kitten cleanse and they kill themselves to my confusion stacks despite their permanent stab making all my CC with Mace useless. Holo on the other hand just bursts me down instantly and keeps me blinded at all times because Flashbang still exists. I think one is a bigger problem, and it's not FT.