What story/race has been the most fun?

Hi, newish player here and while I know I'm playing ranger and ele, also have human and norn so far, what stories to you are the most fun to play/replay? I'm in this as much for the story/rpg as I am anything else. I've tried to play a couple more races, but haven't gotten very far since I'm trying to level up my 2 mains. I'm leaning toward the asura next. Haven't done the charr at all. Any help/advice would be appreciated. Loving this game so far.

Hi! Welcome to GW2! The personal story is actually not quite as branching as it first appears. Those questions they ask in character creation as well as your race quickly condense down to 3 basic paths based upon a choice you'll make at level 30 (I think?). So, I don't think it really matters very much which race or class you choose in the long run.

All I will tell you beyond that is that I like apples.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:Hi! Welcome to GW2! The personal story is actually not quite as branching as it first appears. Those questions they ask in character creation as well as your race quickly condense down to 3 basic paths based upon a choice you'll make at level 30 (I think?). So, I don't think it really matters very much which race or class you choose in the long run.

All I will tell you beyond that is that I like apples.

Thanks and I like apples as well. :)I am basically curious about replay and not getting bored with the same stories. I'm liking the Norn story/characters so far and they fit my Ranger. So I won't have a problem replaying that race with another profession later. I read somewhere that the Sylvari story plays well in HOT, so that might be an option as well, but I'm not pulled toward that race.Thanks to both of you for the input, I've read dozens of posts about professions but very little on the actual storylines. I played GW2 years ago (old laptop) and I'm just coming back to it now. I love the feel and look of the game, so I bought the expacs and now I'm just starting fresh with a couple of mains and trying to get used to the play styles. Hopefully I'm not too late to the game, and I'm looking forward to the next expansion next year.

@JekthAvid.1408 said:I'm fairly confident that I've played every story path from 1-60, so I'm gonna give a recommendation! I like the sylvari story best, because you encounter certain things earlier than the other races, so for me it made the story smoother, and made more sense.This is the correct answer. The Sylvari story serves as a better lead in to the Orr arc and HoT than any other race. The Asura arc for fun factor though.

It really depends what you like. I tend to prefer the humorous or light-hearted stories, so when I do my weekly key farmer, I tend to replay either the Asura or Sylvari. The Asura stories are kind of goofball-techy, and the Sylvari are more on the 'sensitive' side, for lack of a better word...defeating bullies and stopping allies from being turned to tha dark side, etc. Norn stories are all about going into the wild and finding honor and glory and battle. (Though, if you want a humorous option, choose 'Recently at a party I blacked out' for your 20-level story cue.) The human stories tend to gravitate around fighting bandits and various levels of internal intrigue. The charr stories are gritty, snarly military tales full of back-stabbing and body counts.