So where is our ToL?

Falan.1839

In the last quarterly preview, where there should have been news about PvP, there was absolutely nothing. Literally everything about it was PvE related. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-to-summer-days-and-nights/

So we are not getting any new content, such as a new 2v2 miniseason and to make things worse, balance updates are both more infrequent and more sparse than ever. All of that is bad enough, however in March, 2020, we were at least promised a new itinerance of the Tournament of Legends.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-to-spring-summer-and-the-future/

Right now for high-end PvP players, there is very little reason to play the game. Match quality in ranked is bad as always, the next mAT is still far away and Daily ATs rarely have more than one or two (and often no) team that could be considered good from the perspetice of p3/leg players that have competed in MotA or gotten far in mAT. The only thing kind of going on are inhouses, obviously organized by the players themselves. A Tournament of Legend with good rewards (maybe a choice of a rare infusion for the winners) could actually motivate the players to get back into their teams and play the game. And this ToL was announced in March 2020. So is there any news about it? This kind of tournament was already done in the past, so it can't be that hard to implement even under Work from Home conditions.

Completely agree with bringing back competitive tournaments.

However, players DO NOT care about gold and gems at this point, if they ever really did at all. The real competitive players care about reputation and clout. To have that, you have to have a healthy scene with some kind of realistic population. It could be cleaned up but it would require effort that Arenanet is clearly not interested in applying. I don't know, I guess we'll see what happens.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Completely agree with bringing back competitive tournaments.

However, players DO NOT care about gold and gems at this point, if they ever really did at all. The real competitive players care about reputation and clout. To have that, you have to have a healthy scene with some kind of realistic population. It could be cleaned up but it would require effort that Arenanet is clearly not interested in applying. I don't know, I guess we'll see what happens.

The ladder might as well not exist in it's current state as it's just a gold farm for the few top players. I keep seeing people with top10 titles who lose to me 1v1 no matter the class and build I play and I'm FAR from good at this game.......there is no prestige anymore.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:How much money do high-end PvP players spend on the game?

A lot since it makes a few of them immune to things most players aren't