Guild siege

Mrs Q.4081

• 2 weeks later...

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:Would instantly obsolete all superior siege.

As long as they can be listed on the TP, GS already makes superior obsolete in the same manner. Don't have time, you buy them. It just punishes the crafter's time. If you still want a time gate, go with the mass queuing system above.

Sweat equity has value.You're not being punished for stopping by the guild hall to press a button 11 times, youre adding nonmonetary worth to ghetto siege. As you said yourself, lacking the time or motivation it can simply be purchased.

@knite.1542 said:

Is that an issue? Sometimes things become obsolete. Making positive changes shouldn't be avoided because it will make something else obsolete. At least in my opinion.

Well, by myself I keep a guild of 20 active players furnished with enough guild siege to have a surplus. Frequently, we'll find ourselves just shy of what's needed due to their only being 3-5 of us online. While I'm sure the bigger guilds would also like access to the cheaper supply cost (and they do, just not at scale), they tend to have no issue building a half dozen superior rams or catapults with a side of shield generators. They'll also do so at structure after structure over the course of a raid. By design, guild siege isn't supposed to be unlimited access. Before HoT you only got a handful of pieces a week. It's for special use, somewhat rare and as mentioned above a way to turn some time into gold. Removing the limited queue would simply be a pointless buff to the people who need their supply the least and turn a rare item to a common one.

@LetoII.3782 said:

Is that an issue? Sometimes things become obsolete. Making positive changes shouldn't be avoided because it will make something else obsolete. At least in my opinion.

Well, by myself I keep a guild of 20 active players furnished with enough guild siege to have a surplus. Frequently, we'll find ourselves just shy of what's needed due to their only being 3-5 of us online. While I'm sure the bigger guilds would also like access to the cheaper supply cost (and they do, just not at scale), they tend to have no issue building a half dozen superior rams or catapults with a side of shield generators. They'll also do so at structure after structure over the course of a raid. By design, guild siege isn't supposed to be unlimited access. Before HoT you only got a handful of pieces
a week
. It's for special use, somewhat rare and as mentioned above a way to turn some time into gold. Removing the limited queue would simply be a pointless buff to the people who need their supply the least and turn a rare item to a common one.

I am glad you are the crafter, and since you are I will leave it at that. But I really hate that ANet creates a false sense of crafting by having people wait on bars to cross screens. Only good news is I play Civilization VI, so it gives me time to tab out and play another game while waiting, but it does eat into time that could have been more productive in game and you don't ever get that time back, being time and all. But I can understand your point on wanting more rarity of items.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

Well, by myself I keep a guild of 20 active players furnished with enough guild siege to have a surplus. Frequently, we'll find ourselves just shy of what's needed due to their only being 3-5 of us online. While I'm sure the bigger guilds would also like access to the cheaper supply cost (and they do, just not at scale), they tend to have no issue building a half dozen superior rams or catapults with a side of shield generators. They'll also do so at structure after structure over the course of a raid. By design, guild siege isn't supposed to be unlimited access. Before HoT you only got a handful of pieces
a week
. It's for special use, somewhat rare and as mentioned above a way to turn some time into gold. Removing the limited queue would simply be a pointless buff to the people who need their supply the least and turn a rare item to a common one.

I really hate that ANet creates a false sense of crafting by having people wait on bars to cross screens.

Its an economic imperative for them. The longer you stay logged in, the more likely you'll spend. People that rush through everything get bored.. Gotta slow them down.

You're treating guild siege as a chore, I never wait to requeue unless I'm tinkering with decorations. Ill load it up before i start WvW and again when I quit or take a break. Thats at least 22 a day for a few seconds of my time.. Adds up fast unless you're trying to supply a zerg single handed.

@LetoII.3782 said:

Its an economic imperative for them. The longer you stay logged in, the more likely you'll spend. People that rush through everything get bored.. Gotta slow them down.

I think the person that made the call about the time delay came from a sub based game since the model fits that one.

@LetoII.3782 said:You're treating guild siege as a chore, I never wait to requeue unless I'm tinkering with decorations. Ill load it up before i start WvW and again when I quit or take a break. > Thats at least 22 a day for a few seconds of my time.. Adds up fast unless you're trying to supply a zerg single handed.

Its more I like to craft but just standing there when you could be doing other things in game, there is better use of time. Note this dislike of bars goes to regular crafting as well. Refining 2000 units into something else, it's tab out time. As far as rate of spend. May actually try and note that this reset. Feeding a havoc can be quite a bit of siege as well. 2-3 a tower 4-8 a keep. Yeah, that can add up.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

I think the person that made the call about the time delay came from a sub based game since the model fits that one.

@LetoII.3782 said:You're treating guild siege as a chore, I never wait to requeue unless I'm tinkering with decorations. Ill load it up before i start WvW and again when I quit or take a break. > Thats at least 22 a day for a few seconds of my time.. Adds up fast unless you're trying to supply a zerg single handed.

Its more I like to craft but just standing there when you could be doing other things in game, there is better use of time. Note this dislike of bars goes to regular crafting as well. Refining 2000 units into something else, it's tab out time. As far as rate of spend. May actually try and note that this reset. Feeding a havoc can be quite a bit of siege as well. 2-3 a tower 4-8 a keep. Yeah, that can add up.

You sectioned off but the reply to both is the same. Theyre using a psychological study known as the skinner box, its a common design strategy in mmos and moreso in free to play.. The idea is engagement. Keep you logged in, give you just enough stuff that you're willing to to boring tasks but not actually entertained because if you're satisfied you wont pop by the store while you're waiting for a bar to fill up.Its gross, it's kinda evil, its the most successful form of gaming devised to date. When you tell them you tab out while waiting for a bar to fill you're actually pointing out to them they should devise some mechanic to prevent that, not convincing them to remove the delay.

@LetoII.3782 said:You sectioned off but the reply to both is the same. Theyre using a psychological study known as the skinner box, its a common design strategy in mmos and moreso in free to play.. The idea is engagement. Keep you logged in, give you just enough stuff that you're willing to to boring tasks but not actually entertained because if you're satisfied you wont pop by the store while you're waiting for a bar to fill up.Its gross, it's kinda evil, its the most successful form of gaming devised to date. When you tell them you tab out while waiting for a bar to fill you're actually pointing out to them they should devise some mechanic to prevent that, not convincing them to remove the delay.

Will check into the study. I am not sure they would prevent the tabbing out, they already ignore botting and macro's as we have seen with AFK farming. Player's can only point out to them that they are creating issues in game that are counter to their own ToS. I can't speak to others but if they were to do as you indicated it would just lead to loss of sales. Players not being able to tab out of game would remove people's options to check things in the Wiki, check on bug reports, figure out what they are missing on the objective they are performing, look at links on voice and all sorts of other external game options they might do while in game to assist in their game play. So, for myself, all I can tell them is that bars crossing screens is not enhancing gameplay, and it removes playable game time which doesn't encourage sales. Whether or not they employee analysts and they read into the data correctly is questionable at best. So all we can do is post and hope one group passes it on to another. Wasting players time will not increase the odds of sales. As it goes in business time is money and cash is king.