What to do after wipe?

StevieB.7495

So I've played for a few years now and I still can not figure out what to do after the initial wipe at mid. The game starts everyone runs to mid and wipes because "Fight on the point you ing **". (or some variation). Then what do we do? I still can't figure it out and no one seems to mention this in the guides.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"StevieB.7495" said:And that's not fighting on point as everyone seems to require.

This "fight on point" is a very, very bad advice btw.

To answer your question, fall back to your spawn/close and wait for your team to respawn.

I see. So why does everyone seem to think that is the best advice?

It makes sense to regroup but what do I do if every player scatters?

@StevieB.7495 said:

@StevieB.7495 said:And that's not fighting on point as everyone seems to require.

To answer your question, fall back to your spawn/close and wait for your team to respawn.

You gotta figure out whats the best place for you to be, which really depends on what the other team has done after wiping yours and their team comp

I think the best answer is to move where you can decap a point

What ppl do wrong ia tunnelvision their enemy home while the other 2 points remain uncontested as your team 1v3 home and when you close to get the kill their whole team arrives and wipe yours again

@StevieB.7495 said:

@StevieB.7495 said:And that's not fighting on point as everyone seems to require.

you go next?you cant mind control your team, if they decided to run in 1v3, all the time one by one there is nothing you can do to stop them.Reasonably when you see the fight is lost. disengage, try to get a decap if possible, try to peel for the teammates that are smart enough to flee, and wait for them to respawn.If you know you can distract enemies without dying you can do that ( thief is good at it )

@Khalisto.5780 said:

You gotta figure out whats the best place for you to be, which really depends on what the other team has done after wiping yours and their team comp

What ppl do wrong ia tunnelvision their enemy home while the other 2 points remain uncontested as your team 1v3 home and when you close to get the kill their whole team arrives and wipe yours again

Can you give some examples? The team comp thing doesn't make sense because a wipe is a wipe. So, like, what should one do after a team wipe and they have a bunker rev?

@StevieB.7495 said:

Can you give some examples? The team comp thing doesn't make sense because a wipe is a wipe. So, like, what should one do after a team wipe and they have a bunker rev?

It really depends on what you are playing. I guess guard according to your profile pic?

If you are a thief (or any other +1 build with decent mobility, some disengage, kite potential), it is absolutely possible to run far and draw one or two people with you. This way, your team (which hopefully consists of some team fighters) can outnumber close and/or you can make it an even fight on mid.--> I think no guard build should do this though. They are usually too slow.

When you are a support build, you should generally run home. Necros are slow, kite to close, don't try to hold the point (usually). Supports just as well, though they might be able to troll the point long enough for respawn to arrive. As was mentioned already, don't risk dying though.--> This goes for most guard builds I guess. Support FB at least, you will get focused on point, so kite around it.

Some builds like scrapper, weaver, bunkery side noders used to be able to stall the enemy on their way to close so your team could bleed out and respawn in time.--> Maybe this core bunker guard can do this and survive with Renewed Focus? Not sure about DH either. Some trolling with teleports can work.

Does this help a little? It is very situational and depends on your build. Telling us that would be helpful. :tongue:

@Megametzler.5729 said:

It really depends on what you are playing. I guess guard according to your profile pic?

If you are a thief (or any other +1 build with decent mobility, some disengage, kite potential), it is absolutely possible to run far and draw one or two people with you. This way, your team (which hopefully consists of some team fighters) can outnumber close and/or you can make it an even fight on mid.--> I think no guard build should do this though. They are usually too slow.

When you are a support build, you should generally run home. Necros are slow, kite to close, don't try to hold the point (usually). Supports just as well, though they might be able to troll the point long enough for respawn to arrive. As was mentioned already, don't risk dying though.--> This goes for most guard builds I guess. Support FB at least, you will get focused on point, so kite around it.

Some builds like scrapper, weaver, bunkery side noders used to be able to stall the enemy on their way to close so your team could bleed out and respawn in time.--> Maybe this core bunker guard can do this and survive with Renewed Focus? Not sure about DH either. Some trolling with teleports can work.

Does this help a little? It is very situational and depends on your build. Telling us that would be helpful. :tongue:

Yeah, thanks. Kind of helps? I totally get the run home or run far mentality. Its parroted across all mediums "Kill them before they kill you, or disengage/run away and reengage". But my question is what do I do if none of that worked and we are 4/5 on respawn?

LOL I forgot to change that. I haven't played guard in a long time. Primarily ranger now and love it across all game modes.

Your team fight players need to regroup, but if your team properly plays their role it should help avoid a wipe- side noders should focus on side ands never go to a team fight to die and the roamers should never commit too much to a team fight since they may need to help sides. But yeah hard regroups are sometimes needed if you all die, but also sometimes it’s risky if the other team zergs in which case you may need to just go wherever their is not.

@StevieB.7495 said:

Yeah, thanks. Kind of helps? I totally get the run home or run far mentality. Its parroted across all mediums "Kill them before they kill you, or disengage/run away and reengage". But my question is what do I do if none of that worked and we are 4/5 on respawn?

LOL I forgot to change that. I haven't played guard in a long time. Primarily ranger now and love it across all game modes.

If your team is 4/5 home you have to go elsewhere, even if you dont get there at least you got your team an even fight. You decap mid and run dlfar preferably. Why? Once one of them see mid being decaped it might rotate and contest node before full cap, that's why you go far, when the guy gets there he has to choose between get full cap or contest you far, in this situation you eighter got a full cap or 2 decaps, both options are better than go for i figjt you already lost before, and maybe cant even be won cuz theit team comp could be stronger at tfs

Speaking about solo q with solo q encounters:

If your team wipes at mid over and over again you should be the player in this team who is capable of 1v1'ing most of the opposing players. If you can't, then this game is lost for you. (That's btw. the reason why thief, bunker and support builds suck at solo q.)

If you can, then you start to pick 1v1s. How you do this exactly depends on the enemy movements. Pushing far at the right moment is often a good strategy. This does create spaces for your team at close and mid as usually the defending player at far will call for a +1 when he loses to you. Just know your limits and don't overextend.

One single time a strategy shift has worked for me in solo q. We switched from dying in attrition battles to 4 (+1) bunkers at mid to splitting up 3/2 and rotating the capture points and won. But this is usually too complex for the average solo q pug.

@"StevieB.7495" said:So I've played for a few years now and I still can not figure out what to do after the initial wipe at mid. The game starts everyone runs to mid and wipes because "Fight on the point you ing **". (or some variation). Then what do we do? I still can't figure it out and no one seems to mention this in the guides.

Obviously if you cant win the midfight, you try something else. Go sides, regroup and snowball from close, steal objectives if the map has mechanics etc. Most of the time you're not playing against a mirror comp, that means both comps have strenghts and weaknesses. If your weakness is teamfights, then don't teamfight.