Miserable

I have been to Thunderhead Peaks perhaps a dozen times in my journey towards Vision.I keep putting it off, because the experience is perhaps the most miserable I can recall in this game.The lag is relentless. I counted between 5-10s lag to perform ANY action while on the map.If this was a rare occurrence, well, shit happens sometimes.But every, single, time I go to that map.And apparently it's the same for everyone on that map.And apparently it has been that way since the map was launched, or so I'm told.And apparently it's not just that map.But that map is the worst offender I have come across.How can they imagine that launching the game on Steam in it's current condition is a good idea?There are a number of other egregious issues with the game that have been left unattended for far too long.It's such a shame, really. Because I used to love this game (7707 hours played across my characters).But things have been going downhill for 18 months or more now.What a waste.So sad.Anet, please fix your game.Some of us would really like to play it still.But not like this.

Not everyone has the problem. I've certainly never had the lag you described, and I've made vision and done the zone meta. I do get some lag in the zone, but it's till playable for me. Anet has recently said they've made some changes there (in the most recent patch notes) but I've been busy and haven't had a chance to check it out. Of course, I'm not the guy who would be best checking it out, because I'm not one of the people most affected.

@kharmin.7683 said:Anet is already aware of the problem. There are many lag-related threads in the Bugs forum.

While I agree that there is a lot of threads, and normally would agree more are not warranted, this has been a long standing issue in one other area of the game, that is just now getting (visible) attention from the developers. (Yes, I added visible because we don’t know what has or has not been done behind the scenes)

Honestly? This is a very large issue which, they could always merge threads.