Server change!

Ping.7258

Hey,

Back after not playing for a few years. I want to switch servers because the one im playing on RN is not as active as it was before.I want to delete my character and transfer for free but i have a few questions wich i can not find the answer on the internet.

Do i keep my BANK / WARDROBE / GOLD ?And i bought the expansions and got a LVL 80 boost. its accountbound and not been used. Do i keep that?

And what are active WvW servers these days? A server thats not full ;)

Ty

@Ping.7258 said:Hey,

Back after not playing for a few years. I want to switch servers because the one im playing on RN is not as active as it was before.I want to delete my character and transfer for free but i have a few questions wich i can not find the answer on the internet.

Bank wardrobe and gold are kept. Make sure you remove anything from the toons that you want to keep.’

Do i keep my BANK / WARDROBE / GOLD ?

Yes

And i bought the expansions and got a LVL 80 boost. its accountbound and not been used. Do i keep that?

Yes. Put it in your bank

And what are active WvW servers these days? A server thats not full ;)

GW stats. Not sure of the actual address but it will provide some breakdown by time of the day and allow for some insight.

The biggest problem is links. The link MAY be active now, but if you move there, after relinks that particular server could be dead again.

Ty

Bank wardrobe and gold are kept. Make sure you remove anything from the toons that you want to keep.’

With toons you mean Characters?? :skull:

Yes. Put it in your bank

Its on a special place in my inventory, Its called shared inventory slots. You cant put it in youre bank but i think it will stay in the shared inventory slots?

Tysm for youre answer!

@Ping.7258 said:

With toons you mean Characters?? :skull:

Yes. Put it in your bank

Its on a special place in my inventory, Its called shared inventory slots. You cant put it in youre bank but i think it will stay in the shared inventory slots?

Tysm for youre answer!

I would put it in the bank.

And yes, toons=characters.

Anything in a characters inventory when you delete it will be gone. Salvage anything that is soul bound for the mats.

Account bound items should be safe in your bank/storage.

I am not sure about shared inventory slots.

@Randulf.7614 said:Or you wait until Alliances are implemented which if I understand correctly will make servers redundant? Obviously pve servers are (sorta) merged anyway

Ok... Please tell me you are joking?? ?

It’s been 2.75 years since Alliances were announced.

It’s been over 2 years since a developer even posted on one of the three Alliances/Alliance update threads.

They won’t touch the topic.

Yes, the OP could wait for alliances.

I’ve been told that the end of the world is coming too....

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Or you wait until Alliances are implemented which if I understand correctly will make servers redundant? Obviously pve servers are (sorta) merged anyway

It’s been over 2 years since a developer even posted on one of the three Alliances/Alliance update threads.

Semi serious. I fully understand alliances are somewhat of a meme at this point. But if a miracle happened and alliances appeared and the op transferred not knowing it was a potential thing, it would be a bit mean.

I will say they did update us in a diff thread quite recently tho. 3-4 months ago iirc

But yes I do get the point you are making

@Randulf.7614 said:

Semi serious. I fully understand alliances are somewhat of a meme at this point. But if a miracle happened and alliances appeared and the op transferred not knowing it was a potential thing, it would be a bit mean.

I will say they did update us in a diff thread quite recently tho. 3-4 months ago iirc

That is fair. ?

And @Ping.7258 a lot of people in the ‘General Discussion’ section won’t see the value in doing what you are suggesting. Mega servers make it so the server you are on only matters (for the most part) for WvWvW.

And, they would tell you to grind gold to buy the necessary gems.

That is definitely another option that you have, while keeping the progress you made with your toons.

@Randulf.7614 said:

From time to time they splash a few droplets of water on your face and you call that proper refreshment?

Alliances are not coming. In over 2 and a half years we weren't presented with a single, small, tangible proof that something is in development. You'll be wise not to trust this company with your money, or your time.