Why talk about mechanics?

xp eke xp.6724

Why do i hear so much about ideas of changing things and mechanics and nothing about better options to learn them?

I mean we are too far away having a really good player (imo that player is so good, she/he knows all fightsituations till at least a 3v3 for metabuilds, all mapsituations and how to addapt at those situations to get the match as best at your favor). If i count the best streamers and known players i would say the limit of the player is allready at 1v1s and all what goes over it goes to random button smash (sure they smash faster then others otherwise they woulnt be the best players, but still without knowing what they do it stays at the same skill). If we cant learn from the best more then pushing buttons faster then others, thats insane how far behind we are to TRY to be compeditive. So giving all players far better tools to learn the game, is better then changing/ rotading skills and everyone just stops getting better.

Btw. maybe i just have higher requirements on what our community should be capable to do esp if we talk about our BEST players, but im also seeing alot of downgrades on our personal skills and i get really mad if i think about our options to learn the game and what we got on pve (THEY HAVE A INSTANCE FOR THEMSELFS/ THEYR TEAM, CAUSE THE RAIDS COULD BE TOO DIFFICULT FOR THEM ALSO THEY CAN MANUALLY CHANGE THINGS* AND WE STILL SHARE THE SAME PLACE WITH THE HOLE LOBBY! btw. even if we got this options we have on pve, its stays bad).

*Boons/Conditions, how much hp the golem has, how hard he is and if i remember right the numbers of dmg dealt in a timeline.

Second point: If we change mechanics and players learned to use them better, we still have the mental part of the game. The main reason, we have no community and today so few players it would be better to take all servers together for pvp to have at least a little more variation or even better: just shut down pvp till it gets more love. I still ask myself why players never get supported for helping the community out of theyr mental issues like toxity/flamming/Overconfidence/giving up/being mean and outside of that we also have ofc hackers and bots that need over twice as long to be removed then on pve.

Third Point: We have Ranked, Unranked, Hotjoin, Tournaments and everyone has his own issues.

• Ranked is a gamble mode, but till today most players think it is something that showes theyr skill.
  • Unranked could be a good options for so many things but its at least nothing of those: not a scrim for teams that want to play tournaments, not a place for new players learning, but also a place for guildmissions, oh and there are some players doing stronghold....
  • Hotjoin was a place for casuall but thanks to a change a long time ago, with minimal comunication most players thought ranked is the new cassual mode. At least you have the 1v1 servers and noone that just runs into your 1v1 right?
  • Thanks to the same change a long time ago most players leaved pvp for ever, without realising that teamranked goes even more profesionall by having a real tournamentevent with limited time, means you have also time to prepare for this! But today you see the same two teams over and over and over.

Those things need to be fixed more then some mechanics noone is able to use close to correctly. Without good players, there is no challange or motivation at this game, with the remaining part of the community that got mental issues and sharing that issues to others or with luck are able to leave pvp and as long noone knows how a mode was suppost to be used and you have no inspiration for it there is no future for PVP.

And you know whats the worst for me: Its the best MMORPG outside esp. on how good the mechanics are, so you could have the best experience on a player vs player mode, just throwing his potential to be even 2 steps more ahead of all others and on that point im mad as hell! Im crying and im bleeding inside!!

See ya, maybe.

This game was never, ever, designed for 1v1. There is no duel, no challenge, no 1v1 map, nothing to relate that "limit of the player is allready at 1v1s".

PvP in this game was designed for 5v5, and 10v10 (in beginnings). It was also designed for mass player combat in WvW (though I don't think it was ever balanced around that). This game did not even have randoms until 2016 when players enforced SoloQ by voting it. We, players, destroyed PvP by eliminating teamwork and wishing to play solo, alone, in our own little world with randoms. And yet, like all this is not enough, we still become more toxic, and even complain on forums because of game balance (because we still want 1v1).

The only fault of Anet, is silently removing PvP from game by ignoring it. Many wishes did not come true: teamwork rewards, balancing for teamwork, Guild VS Guild, battlegrounds, more map mechanics (Take the Flag, Return the Flag, and so on), and the list goes on. It's 8 years, and PvP players still play the same thing as in release, only now each plays alone.

1v1 combat is far more interesting than spam aoe in a 5v5. Ranger is better at 1v1 by design for example. The lack of balance updates is what has caused pvp to die. The game is stale and players who pvp exclusively get bored and quit. Most of unranked is 5 man comps pug stomping with 2 revs and a thief, players who are new, and players trying meme builds. Ranked is the boring meta climb that hardcore pvpers get tired of. I rarely play ranked simply because i dont being told i need to play ele a certain way. Anet needs to do monthly balance updates to keep things interesting

@Avatar.3568 so you say if we watch a video from one of those good players, you will see nothing they could do better in a hole match?I know misstakes happen, but on how much times they happen compare to others shows theyr consistancy. So how much times is a good player allowed to have bad desitions/ not optimal desitions to still can tell that player is good in this game? And on my point there are at least 2 non optimal desitions on maprotation/ mapavareness and depending on how much fights a class is involved, its between 5-8 desitions each game on each player at average on each match i saw till today and im not counting addaptations on bad habbits. How about a deal, show me a video and then we try to figure out why that player made different desitions and if they where good and whatelse they could do.

Just to clarify: 1v1 is not the only thing that matters in a match, its only to show how well they can use different mechanics and those mechanics get even more complex as more players and maprelevant points exist. So basically reach 500p bevore the other team. Your team tries to outvalue the otherone at those map relevant points and the strategie that can afort that at best, or better said at best a player can possibly follow the strategie, is the meta. Means also if a strategie is way harder to fullfill then anotherone even if its the stronger one on theory, as long noone reach the skill lvl of that strategie its more likely anotherone will be used.