Steam users wont stick with this game if servers remain the same

aaron.7850

The lag is bad now, imagine how its going to be once the game releases on Steam.

The influx of new players will be meaningless if they all quit within 2 days because the "fast action combat" comes bundled with a 4 second lag.

If servers cant be improved or upgraded, then its time to put a limit the maximum number of players per map. (40-50 max)

@aaron.7850 said:Have you done the world boss rush event? lags happens in any map where there are too many players. Steam will make all starter zones a lag fest.Unless Anet does something about it, the lag will scare away many potential players.

Turn down the graphics settings, such as the character model limit, or run the game on a better PC to get max settings.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@aaron.7850 said:Have you done the world boss rush event? lags happens in any map where there are too many players. Steam will make all starter zones a lag fest.Unless Anet does something about it, the lag will scare away many potential players.

Turn down the graphics settings, such as the character model limit, or run the game on a better PC to get max settings.

I am talking about lag not framerate.. lag is server based, so no matter how beefy a computer you have, the lag affects everyone in that map.

@aaron.7850 said:

I am talking about lag not framerate.. lag is server based, so no matter how beefy a computer you have, the lag affects everyone in that map.

And it might not even be the servers, it might be the internet highway your computer input take to the servers that are having trouble.

@Linken.6345 said:

And it might not even be the servers, it might be the internet highway your computer input take to the servers that are having trouble.

Not really, because I play other MMOs and not all of them have these issues.And I am never the only one, as most people in map chat are are quick to agree when someone points out the lag.

@aaron.7850 said:

Lag can be graphical or network. The lag you're talking about is network based and really doesn't have to do with the number of players on screen. It also doesn't necessarily mean it's because of the servers either. And no, it doesn't affect everyone on the map as I have been in map instances doing the same meta as people claiming they have lag.

@aaron.7850 said:

Not really, because I play other MMOs and not all of them have these issues.And I am never the only one, as most people in map chat are are quick to agree when someone points out the lag.

Your ISP doesn't route your connection the exact same way for everything. Your connection could be fine for one MMO and not for the next.

@Blocki.4931 said:The lag happens in endgame zones, not even the current ones. I doubt any of them would encounter any issues.

Dunno where you are from but from me the lag is all over even tyria is unplayable at this time.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Doesn't make any difference my ping is jumping from 250-1000-250-556-600 etc Zero to do with graphics. Never done this for many years and i've been here on and off for 8 years.Also i noticed servers are flipping every few mins in Pof that can't be normal...

@Dante.1508 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:The lag happens in endgame zones, not even the current ones. I doubt any of them would encounter any issues.

Dunno where you are from but from me the lag is all over even tyria is unplayable at this time.

Doesn't make any difference my ping is jumping from 250-1000-250-556-600 etc Zero to do with graphics. Never done this for many years and i've been here on and off for 8 years.Also i noticed servers are flipping every few mins in Pof that can't be normal...

Like I said in my reply to the poster, I don't see the number of player affecting network lag. If this were true, adjusting the character model limit should resolve that.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Like I said in my reply to the poster, I don't see the number of player affecting network lag. If this were true, adjusting the character model limit should resolve that.

When Americans are asleep my ping isn't so bad, when they wake up my game goes to hell.. so its definitely population based.

@Dante.1508 said:

When Americans are asleep my ping isn't so bad, when they wake up my game goes to hell.. so its definitely population based.

Or it’s based on the ISP networks which are not as overloaded when people are asleep.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Or it’s based on the ISP networks which are not as overloaded when people are asleep.

No SWTOR, FALLOUT 76 and ESO are running fine thanks. Just ask in LA if people are having network issues if you don't believe me.

Point is, the game has severe lag issues since months at this point, from constant pop up messages about unavailable log-in servers to especially PoF and LW (4 and Icebrood) maps having frequent sheer unplayable input delays and such, and considering how widespread those issues are and appearing at the same time for all those affected they are clearly not on the player's ends.

If I was a new not already heavily invested player coming into the game into this current state (or was a mainly OW player in general), there is no way I would stick around for long.

This is definitely something that needs to be fixed sooner rather than later, not just for existing players, but also for the Steam release not to bomb and backfire in negative press about an unplayaby laggy game.

@Dante.1508 said:

No SWTOR, FALLOUT 76 and ESO are running fine thanks. Just ask in LA if people are having network issues if you don't believe me.

Not all connections are routed the same by the ISP.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Yes they are here in Australia as there is only one large ISP network.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I am curious...If it is the Guild Wars 2 servers, why isn't everyone affected. At the very least, why isn't everyone affected on the same map?Perhaps, certain Tier 1 backbones are the issue, at certain times.

A lot of people are being affected just ask in guild or main cities.. My guild of Tiny talks about network issues daily.

@Dante.1508 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I am curious...If it is the Guild Wars 2 servers, why isn't everyone affected. At the very least, why isn't everyone affected on the same map?Perhaps, certain Tier 1 backbones are the issue, at certain times.

A lot of people are being affected just ask in guild or main cities.. My guild of Tiny talks about network issues daily.

I don’t mean just your local ISP. When I say ISP, I mean everything between your router and the servers.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

I don’t mean just your local ISP.

I understand but you did say local isp.. that said alot of mmorpgs run into similar areas. I honestly feel by asking around that these network issues are in Anets ball park.. remember low ping customers may not actually feel much issues.. That said everyone on our server is bringing up network issues constantly i'm on sea of sorrows of course.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You do know there are only a few Tier 1 backbones, yes?Again, why isn't everyone on the server affected?

I don't know i assume thats for anet to determine, these issues might be anet setting up for steam who knows?

@Dante.1508 said:

I understand but you did say local isp.. that said alot of mmorpgs run into similar areas. I honestly feel by asking around that these network issues are in Anets ball park.. remember low ping customers may not actually feel much issues.. That said everyone on our server is bringing up network issues constantly i'm on sea of sorrows of course.

I did not say local ISP.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

I did not say local ISP.

Fair enough either way its not changing anything many customers are having issues at this time, think yourself lucky you are not.

@Dante.1508 said:

I did not say local ISP.

Fair enough either way its not changing anything many customers are having issues at this time, think yourself lucky you are not.

I do consider myself lucky that it’s not otherwise I’d be tempted to try a VPN to see if things improved.