Living world Icebrood saga "Included with Deluxe Edition"

OhYa.1094

Hello, am a Returning Player from GW1, where I played for about 2k hours years ago & have all the content, DLCs & "i'm kind of a big deal" title from all the time I put in.I am coming to GW2 for the first time since I left GW, 8 years ago when GW2 released, as none of my friends planned on playing at the time.a new group of 5 friends & I started playing GW2 last week & I purchased the Deluxe Edition.

I quickly realized I should have just purchased the ultimate edition because I would need gems for the older living world content, oh well.I then ended up buying enough gems to unlock 3 additional shared slots & the previous Living World contents.So now here I am, almost $100 into GW2 thinking I had all the content since the deluxe edition said it came with the living world Icebrood saga,but now after grinding up to level 80, I see that it is asking me to pay for each of the episodes for 200 gems each, im not sure if I missed one of the items that unlock the things with the deluxe edition, as I noticed I got emails containing things like the "lily of elon" unlock letter & stuff like that.Can you please tell me what I am missing here because I should have icebrood saga since it says it's included with the Deluxe Edition?Thanks

if you moved your mouse over the text and read the fine print you would have seen this

Owners of Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire can play new Living World episodes as soon as they’re live. Upgrade your account now and play the latest episode of our all-new Living World story, the Icebrood Saga, today.

So you get the 1 episode that active at the time of your purchase.

You can acquire the missing Icebrood Saga Episodes by converting Gold to Gems (@200/Episode). Or, you can wait until the Episodes are offered at no cost (which might come with/near the release of GW2 on Steam), as Seasons 3 and 4 were offered.If you play the game, and complete most/all of the achievements in each preceding Living World Episode (taking your time), you will garner enough Gold to acquire the missing 6 Episodes (though only 4 absolutely continue the main story).

Good luck.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Icebrood_Saga

thats pretty crappy TBH"Play the new Living world as soon as they're live" does Not mean if you buy it before they are liveThey are still Live & Active & Playable, but not unlocked if you didn't start playing the game during the "window" that they came outI understand not getting LW2, LW3 & LW4 since they are over, But Icebrood is the CURRENT season, so it is complete BS that it is not included with a purchase during the Current season...nice way to let new players know what they're getting into out of the gate.There are so many ways they make money off upgrades, but to charge for this is BS

@"OhYa.1094" said:thats pretty crappy TBH"Play the new Living world as soon as they're live" does Not mean if you buy it before they are liveThey are still Live & Active & Playable, but not unlocked if you didn't start playing the game during the "window" that they came outI understand not getting LW2, LW3 & LW4 since they are over, But Icebrood is the CURRENT season, so it is complete BS that it is not included with a purchase during the Current season...nice way to let new players know what they're getting into out of the gate.There are so many ways they make money off upgrades, but to charge for this is BS

Well you could pay a optional sub of 10 bucks a month on gems and in time afford anything you want in the gemstore mate would that be a better option?

@"OhYa.1094" said:thats pretty crappy TBH"Play the new Living world as soon as they're live" does Not mean if you buy it before they are liveThey are still Live & Active & Playable, but not unlocked if you didn't start playing the game during the "window" that they came outI understand not getting LW2, LW3 & LW4 since they are over, But Icebrood is the CURRENT season, so it is complete BS that it is not included with a purchase during the Current season...nice way to let new players know what they're getting into out of the gate.There are so many ways they make money off upgrades, but to charge for this is BS

Read Notes section in link

Read Notes in link

Purchase always Living World episodes from Gem Store.

There you get 20% reduction, so each episode will cost 160 Gem vs 200 Gem.