Gearing multiple characters

AlexTox.2485

So I have multiple level 80 character that will need marauders and I was wondering if I get an ascendant trinket or weapon. Is it possible to transfer a black ice band between characters and have the same band equipped on different characters? or do I have to farm for separate bands for each character?

@AlexTox.2485 said:So I have multiple level 80 character that will need marauders and I was wondering if I get an ascendant trinket or weapon. Is it possible to transfer a black ice band between characters and have the same band equipped on different characters? or do I have to farm for separate bands for each character?

Yes its possible, they are account bound so you can transfer then either through bank or shared inventory slot.But with all the different living world currencys why can you only afford black ice bands?

You can do so but each named ring is unique so you'll need to attune one of them: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attuned_equipment if using two of the same regardless of source. I usually exotic gear via Bladed Armor or Triumphant armor and share Ascended trinkets + weapons (finished HOT on a few characters and rebuilt Caladbolg a couple of times) - at some point you may want to level your crafters though.

@AlexTox.2485 said:So I have multiple level 80 character that will need marauders and I was wondering if I get an ascendant trinket or weapon. Is it possible to transfer a black ice band between characters and have the same band equipped on different characters? or do I have to farm for separate bands for each character?

The item is account bound, as such it can be traded between characters.The item does not multiply or copy its self, thus it can not be worn on multiple characters at the same time.The current implementation of equipment templates stores the items used when saving them in templates. In order to trade this item, it has to be removed from all templates on a character. In short: your gear template will NOT save where the item was equipped if you trade it to another character.

I think I understand. The ice band is just an example but so I can have the ice band equipped in a template on lets say my engi and then have it in a shared inventory or stored in a bank and then equip it on say my ranger. and then without having to move the band through shared inventory or bank. I wouldn't be able to go back to my engi the have the band still be equipped in the engi template

@AlexTox.2485 said:I think I understand. The ice band is just an example but so I can have the ice band equipped in a template on lets say my engi and then have it in a shared inventory or stored in a bank and then equip it on say my ranger. and then without having to move the band through shared inventory or bank. I wouldn't be able to go back to my engi the have the band still be equipped in the engi template

Correct.

@"AlexTox.2485" said:I think I understand. The ice band is just an example but so I can have the ice band equipped in a template on lets say my engi and then have it in a shared inventory or stored in a bank and then equip it on say my ranger. and then without having to move the band through shared inventory or bank. I wouldn't be able to go back to my engi the have the band still be equipped in the engi template

Also, the stats you select on the ring are fixed, and you cannot alter the stats by equipping it on another character. However, some of the ascended trinkets can have their stats reset by using a specific item, bought from the same vendor and using the same map currency. I thought you could do this on the winterberry ones but I can't see the required item on the vendor (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Slooshoo).

Unlike ascended weapons or armour, you cannot use the mystic forge to reset the stats (other than when creating upgrades, such as infusing).

The trinkets bought with blood rubies can have their stats reset. Scholar Rakka (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scholar_Rakka) sells this item https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodstone_Capacitor. There is definitely a tool like that for the pvp-bought ascended trinkets. I thought there was another LS map where this was also possible, but I can't remember offhand.

This may influence how/where you wish to purchase these items.