Staff DrD Build and Video

AikijinX.6258

Aiki’s Staff/DP Zerker/Dura Buildhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAYhrlNw6YgsNGJe2WntSA-zVZYBhJG1r7jgQOkmEWhJBaVlqxDiYM4/zeAL6vgB-w

(This build is my 1st choice, in terms of roaming/duels)

This build has a better base damage opportunity, and ferocity under its belt with higher base crit chance, and ferocity. The consistency in Damage output is good, as well as the ability to mitigate damage taken. I switch between builds depending on my situation. If I want to fight multiple foes, while being able to mitigate and tank as much damage as I can, I’ll use my wanderer’s build. If I wanted to roam (killing solo’s or 2v1s), gank, or duel people I’d come in with my Zerker/Dura build, more than 2 people I switch to my Wanderer’s.

Aiki's Staff/DP Zerker/Daredevil Buildhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAYhrlNw6YgsNGJe2WntSA-zVhYBhpF1gYEsuPCC5QaSYFmEoVVqL/Iixg/P7Bso/CG-w

(This build is equally as strong, but a 2nd choice)

This build is identical to my Zerker/Dura build, with an exception to a change in runes and weapon stats!

Aiki’s Staff/DP Wanderer/Scrapper Buildhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?Pa1AYhrlNw6YbMQGJe+WntSA-zVhYaRNIG09ZE8OCC5QaSoGmEoVVlR/IhxfNCYBD-w

This build is more for mitigating damage, and outnumbered situations with the use of flickering shadows, marauder's resilience, and scrapper runes. Flickering Shadows, and Leeching venoms from the Shadow arts line can be interchangeable and depends on the situation. For duels I use Leeching venoms, and for roaming, or fighting outnumbered, I run Flickering Shadows for the revealed damage mitigation. On occasion I’ll still use leeching venoms while fighting outnumbered. But that’s, again, situational.

Aiki’s Staff/DP Wanderer/Brawler Buildhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?Pa1AYhrlNw6YbMQGJe2WntSA-zVhYbR9KQMI7zwOCCpQaKUDMBatqk9jEG/1IgFMA-w

This build is identical to my wanderer/scrapper build but with a change of runes and weapon stats for more precision/crit chance, while still retaining an above 2500 toughness, 3k power, and 60%+ crit chance(W/Fury). The Wanderer/Scrapper build is more for mitigating damage, and outnumbered situations, whereas this build is more for attacking, while also being able to take a little bit of damage. To acquire more crit chance all that needs to be done is a change in utility food. (Writ of masterful accuracy)

EDIT:(9/5/20)- 3 Video Examples of the new build and how I play and utilize the Barrier.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xy23pu0Xg_flZmx58W5baZhSmQbwjnAI/view?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1T6kEuRRD0Hj1GpJrBlSTVuABYOL1SvGz/view?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/13INVz5H3rLvrUggzcCYNFTyFq2DMh18h/view?usp=sharing(clips that will be in future montages)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@alchemyst.2165 said:Ive also been experimenting with SA while using staff, its definitely an interesting playstyle that I haven't really seen on thief. Might start using it more. Good gameplay man

Staff is fun with SA and d/d or DE rifle+whatever feels at home with something generally like his first two builds. He's got a good stat spread for pressuring, the first one is like the perfect amount of health for most matchups to stay in there. That SA 2 or 3-2-1 feels like it's going to be nerfed some day for just making sense and not even being op.

@alchemyst.2165 said:Ive also been experimenting with SA while using staff, its definitely an interesting playstyle that I haven't really seen on thief. Might start using it more. Good gameplay man

Thanks my man, just wait till you see what I've got cooking next ^^

@kash.9213 said:

Staff is fun with SA and d/d or DE rifle+whatever feels at home with something generally like his first two builds. He's got a good stat spread for pressuring, the first one is like the perfect amount of health for most matchups to stay in there. That SA 2 or 3-2-1 feels like it's going to be nerfed some day for just making sense and not even being op.

I hope it isn't nerfed, But honestly everything works in conjunction with each other, and everything is used and is necessary. Not one weapon skill, traitline, or utility is wasted, and not used as purpose. Everything has purpose in this build which is why I loved making this exponentially complimenting build. I don't think it's OP, I just think it's very complimentary of everything as a whole, which makes it a really good choice.

@babazhook.6805 said:I had used staff with SA on first release but not since the changes to SA. It might be worth looking at again.

Just wait until I put out my next build editor. I will accompany it with my next video. I've already ran tests and fought and recorded content with it, and it's super nice to use. Lets just say Weaver/ Scrapper/ and Scourges aren't the only ones that can use this game mechanic now. Vague enough for you haha? I probably already gave it away LOL, it's pretty obvious. Barrier.

@AikijinX.6258 said:Just wait until I put out my next build editor. I will accompany it with my next video. I've already ran tests and fought and recorded content with it, and it's super nice to use. Lets just say Weaver/ Scrapper/ and Scourges aren't the only ones that can use this game mechanic now. Vague enough for you haha? I probably already gave it away LOL, it's pretty obvious. Barrier.

I was actually going to suggest trying sanctuary runes with the lifesteal from SA, seems you had a similar idea. Been playing the build in the video and it's really nice, fills a niche I needed when playing with my guild, so thank you for the video ^^

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@AikijinX.6258 said:Just wait until I put out my next build editor. I will accompany it with my next video. I've already ran tests and fought and recorded content with it, and it's super nice to use. Lets just say Weaver/ Scrapper/ and Scourges aren't the only ones that can use this game mechanic now. Vague enough for you haha? I probably already gave it away LOL, it's pretty obvious. Barrier.

I was actually going to suggest trying sanctuary runes with the lifesteal from SA, seems you had a similar idea. Been playing the build in the video and it's really nice, fills a niche I needed when playing with my guild, so thank you for the video ^^

Yeah man, I'm all over that idea like white on rice. Haha. It's a build i've been theorizing in my head, but now am finally putting it in motion and action. Having legendary armor is such a necessity now a days, if one wants to dabble in builds, and use different build templates. Sanctuary runes work extraordinarily well. Definitely provides good competition against my other builds. But with each build it provides a different kind of playstyle. And I want people to understand just because you have barrier or durability's protection or scrapper's damage reduction, doesn't mean that'll win you the fight. You've got to practice and grow a custom to Staff and it's play style. These builds aren't OP, but in the right hands can become very powerful and hard to fend off against.

@AikijinX.6258 said:

I hope it isn't nerfed, But honestly everything works in conjunction with each other, and everything is used and is necessary. Not one weapon skill, traitline, or utility is wasted, and not used as purpose. Everything has purpose in this build which is why I loved making this exponentially complimenting build. I don't think it's OP, I just think it's very complimentary of everything as a whole, which makes it a really good choice.

@babazhook.6805 said:I had used staff with SA on first release but not since the changes to SA. It might be worth looking at again.

Just wait until I put out my next build editor. I will accompany it with my next video. I've already ran tests and fought and recorded content with it, and it's super nice to use. Lets just say Weaver/ Scrapper/ and Scourges aren't the only ones that can use this game mechanic now. Vague enough for you haha? I probably already gave it away LOL, it's pretty obvious. Barrier.

I can see using barrier. I had that in my deathblossom SOM build with assassins reward before they gutted acro. Ip with assassins reward might be interesting in staff. I imagine you could build quite a barrier.

@babazhook.6805 said:

I can see using barrier. I had that in my deathblossom SOM build with assassins reward before they gutted acro.

Yeah. it's definitely complimentary to my playstyle, but becoming reliant on it is a mindset that shouldn't ever be adopted by players. Use Stealths/ Blinds/ Evades/ Knockdowns for damage mitigation purposes, barrier just compliments what you're already doing.

@"noot.8641" said:Playing SA in general is so cheesy, i have no respect for SA thieves, it’s the ultimate carry traitline.

There's nothing "carry" about the traits I use. I do however understand your plight, but your complaints do not apply to me, because yes I use SA, but I sure as hell don't play or am as passive as a typical perma stealth SA user would be. Don't need your respect, just need your understanding.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@"noot.8641" said:Playing SA in general is so cheesy, i have no respect for SA thieves, it’s the ultimate carry traitline.

Everyone else in the game uses the "carry" or "cheese" options, so I don't see why I shouldn't.

It's just a nonsensical position. If you play a stealth oriented build there are a lot of natural synergies with SA. Basically, anyone who tells you not to run SA in a build that benefits from it is saying "thief is OP if you run an optimized build so run a suboptimal build to not be unfair." But everyone runs what they imagine to be a good build (whether they think that is metabattle or their own personal variation).

I say, play what you want and don't worry about people who will either tell you your build isn't good or that it is too good to be fair. You can't win those arguments so just play what is fun and works for your play style. It's not up to the players to play worse specs in an attempt to balance the game. That's the devs' job.

@saerni.2584 said:

Everyone else in the game uses the "carry" or "cheese" options, so I don't see why I shouldn't.

It's just a nonsensical position. If you play a stealth oriented build there are a lot of natural synergies with SA. Basically, anyone who tells you not to run SA in a build that benefits from it is saying "thief is OP if you run an optimized build so run a suboptimal build to not be unfair." But everyone runs what they imagine to be a good build (whether they think that is metabattle or their own personal variation).

I say, play what you want and don't worry about people who will either tell you your build isn't good or that it is too good to be fair. You can't win those arguments so just play what is fun and works for your play style. It's not up to the players to play worse specs in an attempt to balance the game. That's the devs' job.

Exactly. Anyone that tries to apply an honor code or rules of conduct to my build or my playstyle should read my signature. Use every advantage you have because your enemy will do the same.

@noot.8641 said:Playing SA in general is so cheesy, i have no respect for SA thieves, it’s the ultimate carry traitline.

If it was carry I'd be fine with that, it lets me play instead of having to play around it. The first build in the OP could probably go out with DA or even CS but SA vibes well with most of the kits, even staff gets to stretch a little instead of having to spend a bunch of time in stealth or resetting for perfect roll outs. I would agree though that SA might be a little unbalanced right now for some builds as long as Stealth Attacks can have as long as a duration as you want to stack.

@AikijinX.6258 said:

I can see using barrier. I had that in my deathblossom SOM build with assassins reward before they gutted acro.

Yeah. it's definitely complimentary to my playstyle, but becoming reliant on it is a mindset that shouldn't ever be adopted by players. Use Stealths/ Blinds/ Evades/ Knockdowns for damage mitigation purposes, barrier just compliments what you're already doing.

The nice add from sanctuary is that vitality as well. Now I am not sure what you take in the daredevil line but marauders resilience on top of that and that barrier allows you to take a bit of damage when you can not prevent it any other way.

@babazhook.6805 said:

The nice add from sanctuary is that vitality as well. Now I am not sure what you take in the daredevil line but marauders resilience on top of that and that barrier allows you to take a bit of damage when you can not prevent it any other way.

Oh yeah man definitely, I’ve thought it out thoroughly. And in the DRD line I use marauders resilience, as well staff master and unhindered combatant. (1,1,3) I’ve made a PvP variant to the build as well. Just so people could test It out. I know there is a requirement with that of Sanctuary runes and having to farm Honor of the waves dungeon for the Koda blessing currency, and not many people are going to want to grind for them. So the sanctuary variant probably won’t be as popular due to this, but I swear to everyone it is very fun.

EDIT: The PvP variant however does not give you the option to maximize all your stats like toughness and vitality precision in conjunction with each other, but it really plays identical to how you would in WvW. I tested in PvP and I see very little difference while using Avatar, because I’ve grown a custom to the spec and playstyle

-Nearly 3k Power (with 25 stacks bloodlust you can achieve over 3k)-2.5k toughness-18.5-19k HP-41% crit chance (before fury’s 20%)210 ferocity(In WvW)

And like I’ve always said, this build won’t win you fights, your skill will. The play style is not for everyone. But the amount of damage mitigation you have access to is immense, while still being able to output damage in my video examples above :)

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

That’s a nice mentality you got man, the game is shit because of ppl like you flocking to the OP ez to play builds.

@noot.8641 said:

@noot.8641 said:Playing SA in general is so cheesy, i have no respect for SA thieves, it’s the ultimate carry traitline.

That’s a nice mentality you got man, the game is kitten because of ppl like you flocking to the OP ez to play builds.

Again, why should I handicap myself by refusing to use certain parts of my class in order to make you feel better? Do you also handicap yourself on your main class, or do you play whatever is strongest because it's in the game? If you are losing to thief, set up some duels with one and learn to fight them.

Edit: you also assume I only play SA builds. That would be very wrong.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

That’s a nice mentality you got man, the game is kitten because of ppl like you flocking to the OP ez to play builds.

Again, why should I handicap myself by refusing to use certain parts of my class in order to make you feel better? Do you also handicap yourself on your main class, or do you play whatever is strongest because it's in the game? If you are losing to thief, set up some duels with one and learn to fight them.

Handicap yourself? SA just doesn’t req any skill, it just carries you, and then you think you are good, till you switch out SA, and you notice you are trash.You can play your carry build, but when they nerf it, you still gonna be a bad player with bad reactions.And how you talk about SA, yes it makes people think you only play SA.I would be impressed if you would beat me in a 1v1 without SA, i’m a drd s/d thief btw.If you ever wanna duel for gold, lemme know.Otherwise just keep being trash, on your trash build.

@noot.8641 said:

Handicap yourself? SA just doesn’t req any skill, it just carries you, and then you think you are good, till you switch out SA, and you notice you are trash.You can play your carry build, but when they nerf it, you still gonna be a bad player with bad reactions.And how you talk about SA, yes it makes people think you only play SA.I would be impressed if you would beat me in a 1v1 without SA, i’m a drd s/d thief btw.If you ever wanna duel for gold, lemme know.Otherwise just keep being trash, on your trash build.

If you check my post history you'll notice that I play a wide variety of builds, including but not limited to S/D daredevil, and frankly I have nothing to prove to you because the respect of some dude on the internet literally means nothing to me. You're the one who tried to make this personal by making assumptions about me and how I play thief, and frankly you come across as a dude crying about something that counters his build rather than trying to improve himself. I suggest you take some time to work on your character because at the moment it is lacking somewhat. Have a nice day :)