EOD Speculations

This is post to speculate what EOD would have in the expansion. I know there are plenty of forums talking about what we wish ANet should do, but this forum is meant to be more predictive about what we think they would do with the next expansion. HOT brought us Gliding, Mushroom bouncing, Guild Halls, a new Profession, new elites, new raids and dungeons. POF brought us Mounts and new elites. What new things do you think ANet "will" do with EOD? Was there anything hinted towards in the teaser? Any new masteries they will add? Any big ideas, like mounts, they could bring to the game that we don't currently have? How spot on do you think you would be with your ideas will be based on how well you know ANet!!

One thing that comes to mind is ANet bringing to the next Expansion, Heroes. Although this game enjoys the use of group play, I think they will incorporate the heroes they had in GW1 where players can recruit NPC characters to adventure with or maybe they will make it possible where you can use your alts to do pvp stuff

@VocalThought.9835 said:One thing that comes to mind is ANet bringing to the next Expansion, Heroes. Although this game enjoys the use of group play, I think they will incorporate the heroes they had in GW1 where players can recruit NPC characters to adventure with or maybe they will make it possible where you can use your alts to do pvp stuff

i doubt they'd do this -- atleast not until GW2 is nearing it's end of life or the last planned expansion gets released. End of Dragons / Expansion 3 is no where stated to be the last/final expansion, in fact the devs even mentioned they're moving on from the dragon-conflict after this upcoming expansion, hence the title. so our story doesn't end there. not yet atleast. so having NPCs replace players wont be a thing anytime soon not until the game sees a very very steep decline in player numbers brought about by either a newer game/mmorpg by ArenaNet or some other game from another studio that would replace GW2 for many of it's current players.

I'm hoping for an expansion into racial abilities, underwater skills that make it FASTER, and actual guild wars.When they first launched they intentionally avoided giving each race special abilities because they didn't want one group to have more advantages and end up with all Charr or all Humans with no one playing any other races. That said, I think there are possibilities to expand on racial abilities without unbalancing the game.Underwater activities and expansion seems to be inevitable if you are going after a Sea Dragon.Last, I'd like to see Guilds actually be able to have wars. The game is called Guild Wars, but there is no arena for a full guild to battle another. You can do 10 max. I'd like to see something like WvW numbers with 50 on 50

@"Malavian.4695" said:I'm hoping for an expansion into racial abilities, underwater skills that make it FASTER, and actual guild wars.When they first launched they intentionally avoided giving each race special abilities because they didn't want one group to have more advantages and end up with all Charr or all Humans with no one playing any other races. That said, I think there are possibilities to expand on racial abilities without unbalancing the game.Underwater activities and expansion seems to be inevitable if you are going after a Sea Dragon.Last, I'd like to see Guilds actually be able to have wars. The game is called Guild Wars, but there is no arena for a full guild to battle another. You can do 10 max. I'd like to see something like WvW numbers with 50 on 50

Here you can read up on why its called Guild wars nr 1 and 2

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@VocalThought.9835 said:One thing that comes to mind is ANet bringing to the next Expansion, Heroes. Although this game enjoys the use of group play, I think they will incorporate the heroes they had in GW1 where players can recruit NPC characters to adventure with or maybe they will make it possible where you can use your alts to do pvp stuff

i doubt they'd do this -- atleast not until GW2 is nearing it's end of life or the last planned expansion gets released. End of Dragons / Expansion 3 is no where stated to be the last/final expansion, in fact the devs even mentioned they're moving on from the dragon-conflict after this upcoming expansion, hence the title. so our story doesn't end there. not yet atleast. so having NPCs replace players wont be a thing anytime soon not until the game sees a very very steep decline in player numbers brought about by either a newer game/mmorpg by ArenaNet or some other game from another studio that would replace GW2 for many of it's current players.

Well, that makes sense. The only other thing I can think of is introducing new playable races.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Malavian.4695" said:I'm hoping for an expansion into racial abilities, underwater skills that make it FASTER, and actual guild wars.When they first launched they intentionally avoided giving each race special abilities because they didn't want one group to have more advantages and end up with all Charr or all Humans with no one playing any other races. That said, I think there are possibilities to expand on racial abilities without unbalancing the game.Underwater activities and expansion seems to be inevitable if you are going after a Sea Dragon.Last, I'd like to see Guilds actually be able to have wars. The game is called Guild Wars, but there is no arena for a full guild to battle another. You can do 10 max. I'd like to see something like WvW numbers with 50 on 50

Here you can read up on why its called Guild wars nr 1 and 2

So if Anet made a Guild Wars 0 (the prequel), we would get the game these sort of players expect?

@Malavian.4695 said:When they first launched they intentionally avoided giving each race special abilities because they didn't want one group to have more advantages and end up with all Charr or all Humans with no one playing any other races. That said, I think there are possibilities to expand on racial abilities without unbalancing the game.

People would only play the race with the most powerful ability? Must be a PvP thing.

The heroes thing isn't a bad suggestion.

Of the other possibilities:

1. Given the recent wvw event, I could see them allowing "dual-spec" in the sense that you maybe get ONE trait line and it's associated utility skills. But even this is iffy.
  2. A new playable race. (For all we know the idea of adding Tengu has been floating around for a long time and they may have been fitting older gear to them for awhile now but not released it so it hasn't been able to be mined.)
  3. Housing - probably less likely but a possibility.
  4. Scaleable difficulty in open world. Like being able to enter a specific instance of a map that's "hard-mode," though I'd imagine this isn't all that likely given that the hard-mode version would presumably be higher rewards and the majority of open world content you can just throw more bodies at to trivialize it.
  5. "Sailing" in the sense that you have a personal-housing type/Sun's Refuge type feature that can be upgraded and potentially incorporate the heroes feature with npc's to assist you in the open world. Though I really think we'll be mostly inland for this expansion. The only argument for this would be if Cantha was still hesitant about letting outsiders in and we simply can only sail to an area to create our own personal base and then go to the mainland.
  6. Access to other weapons across all specs, i.e. underwater weapons above land, more weapon combinations. Though they might not do this because they might want to save some for future expansions (if there continue to be more and if this expansion sells/does really well I'm sure they will.)

Honeslty, no idea though.

Secondary profession. ArenaNet checked the possibilitys in WvW first. I guess, this will be the feature in the next expansion.Every character can choose a secondary profession. We can use all the non-elite traits and also all support skills in our builds from two professions at once. I don't have an opinion about weapon skills.

Elite specs feel like something they have to do. And they're a really good idea for expanding professions.

In terms of masteries, I have absolutely no idea what they're going to do. HoT and PoF masteries both radically revamped player mobility in the world, but I don't know how they could do that again.

Secondary professions would be awesome. I think it would be worth the balance nightmare for how much it could add to the game. GW1 had loads and loads of options, had balance problems, and yet still had a flourishing competitive community. Not everything has to be viable (and not everything is viable now, anyway).

Allowing you to slot a core (not elite) spec from another class in your third slot, along with a single utility category and a single weapon proficiency (overriding your own if you already have it) could be a way to do that. So the idea then is that you're either a Core, Elite, or Dual-Class character. Not sure how they could deal with profession mechanics like clones/shatters or attunements, though. Maybe they could get creative with it and allow things like, for instance, engineer toolbelt cooldown reduction to apply to virtues and attunements. Not sure, there are cases where it gets really messy, and revenant would be especially weird. But I'd still like to see it.

I do have to wonder though, if the WvW core swap event was done as a sanity check for this kind of feature.

Cantha would be partially or completely submerged underwater which forces Cantha to reach out to the outside world. They could either be submerged for a while and have been sustaining themselves with the resources and materials they were able to salvage, or were submerged recently and called out for help due to their inability to sustain themselves. This would make the Skimmer underwater mastery important as you need to traverse maps underwater and having the said mastery will allow you to go from Point A to Point B quickly.

This leaker on reddit said they would introduce some soul gem concept. You place the gem in some slot and it changes the way a skill works. Like drakes breath applies torment instead of burning.

He also said ele is getting dual pistols, warrior is getting a spear, guardian a trident with some totem mechanic for virtues, necro a shortbow with a doppleganger mechanic, thief harpoon gun, mesmer some bard mechanic. Didnt say anything about rev or engi.

The post has since been deleted but is most likely fake as many of those concepts came from these forums.

I loved the hero system in Gw1 but it would never work in Gw2.. least not like it did in Gw1.It would completely unbalance the core game and probably the other expansions too.. not to mention if every player in the game started running around with several allies it would put huge strain on the servers.. specially when minions are involved.

Imagine a Necro running around with 10 minions and then having 2-3 Necro heroes following him also with 10 minions each.. it would just be absurd lol

Atm I think Anet might just go and bundle PoF with with the next expansion so they have the excuse of expanding the current mounts abilities.We just got the Skimmer upgrade to go underwater and if I remember right the NPC mentions something about possibly discovering new abilities in the future so.. yeah.If Anet bundle PoF into the next expansion at launch then they can justify upgrading the current mounts even more with new EOD mastery's.I would not be against them doing this either, if anything it would be a smart move imo.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:This leaker on reddit said they would introduce some soul gem concept. You place the gem in some slot and it changes the way a skill works. Like drakes breath applies torment instead of burning.

He also said ele is getting dual pistols, warrior is getting a spear, guardian a trident with some totem mechanic for virtues, necro a shortbow with a doppleganger mechanic, thief harpoon gun, mesmer some bard mechanic. Didnt say anything about rev or engi.

The post has since been deleted but is most likely fake as many of those concepts came from these forums.

Yeah probably fake though that soul gem concept sounds fun.I would very much like more customisation options over my skills, specially over my pets since I main a Ranger and find the current system quite lacking.

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope for EOD to:1) Have a complete Living World Season 1 added to the game.

2) Redo Core Revenant Profession. Ideally have it where you have a Neutral Stance that you toggle off/on with F1, and switch Legends with F2. When you are in a Neutral Stance, you'll have Legend Inspired Skills to make up for the lack of skills that Revenants have. Maybe the Healing Skill can be a Ventari Inspired, the other Utility Skills fulfill the other Legend Inspired Abilities, and the Elite Skill be Ancient Echo. This will allow there to be an equal number of skills compared to other professions and allow for players to finally be able to select racial skills if they want, while in the Neutral Stance. You can also replace the elite skill with elite legendary inspired skills, once the Elite Specialization is slotted.

3) Make Revenant's Legendary Skills drain energy, not Weapon skills or Neutral Stance Skills from above.

4) Make all Elite Specialization have access to two new weapons instead of one. This would allow people to play the game with most of the weapons in the game. If they were to come out with newer expansions, they could still use an elite specialization weapon, but in a different way than another elite. I would have it-HOT: Dragon Hunter: Long Bow & off hand Sword; Berserker: Torch & main hand Shield; Herald: Shield & offhand Focus; Druid: Staff & offhand Focus; Scrapper: Hammer & main hand Mace; Daredevil: Staff & Dual Mace; Chronomancer: Shield & Dual Daggers; Tempest: Warhorn & offhand Scepter; & Reaper: Great Sword & offhand Shield.

POF: Firebrand: Main hand Axe & main hand Focus; Spellbreaker: Dual Daggers & offhand Focus; Renegade: Short Bow & Great Sword; Soulbeast: Main hand Dagger & Rifle; Holosmith: Main hand Sword & Staff; Deadeye: Rifle & offhand Focus; Mirage: Main hand Axe & Main hand Pistol; Weaver: Main hand Sword & main hand Focus; & Scourge: Torch & Offhand Axe.

EOD: Guardian: Offhand Mace & offhand Scepter; Warrior: Staff & Dual Pistols; Revenant: Dual Pistols & main hand Scepter; Ranger: Hammer & offhand Shield; Engineer: Great Sword & offhand Focus; Thief: Torch & Great Sword; Mesmer: Short Bow & Warhorn; Elementalist: Long Bow & offhand Shield; & Necromancer: Rifle & Hammer.

5) Player Housing.

6) Add more Ranger Pets like Primates, Wisps, and other Fairyfolks.

7) Add Tengu as a race to the game. This will balance out the 5 races, making 6 playable races.

8) Add more mount abilities for combat.

9) Allow more mounts to be used in WvW and create anti-mount turrets or weapons in WvW.

& 10) Create more Guild Content.

• 10 months later...

EOD predictions - underwater content, more player housing options, companions from gw1,

It seems housing upgrades could be a thing this time around if they go for underwater sea cave housing!  or we need some place to store our fishing skiffs on the waters surface. 😄 housing could be a massive update in EoD (but more likely another xpac). Housing updated could allow you to own various instanced houses around Tyria. In capital cities, small farm lands, sea caves, wrecked ships, anywhere buildings already exist. They could just make the doors to some of these places interactable and instanced. You could visit your guild members homes without being in a group. You could decorate these houses with smaller, interior design, less expensive new decorations. Maybe a separate- (similar to scribing) furniture crafting system for the individual. You could learn new furniture recipes from drops, nodes, champions, world bosses, new LW maps, story cheeves, wvw, raids, pvp and all tradable and can be sold on the auction house.  Some things might be common drops and others might be super rare. The fine items might be cheap and easy to craft and Legendary items would be Expensive!

I think it'd be fun. Who knows a "watered down" 🙂 version of this might be coming.

Edited by Kelly.7019