Please let us get rid of, or block junk drops

Spook.5847

I dont want to see the ley line beings, and dont want the lodestone, etc cluttering up my inventory. I don't want any emblems from WvW - and for the same reason, although with those, insult to injury is having to type out the names to destroy them. Pure sadism.

While we are at it, I don't want broken claws, bones, dandelions, or any other rubbish (stacking or not), so allow us to filter loot value. Or even the ability to turn loot completely off - since it isn't like anything in this game is actually worth much most of the time.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

@CalamityO.2890 said:You can filter loot, however many don't bother with it. You can filter junk loot by using oiled bags. They always take junk items first.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag

After that use NPC vendors "Sell Junk" and most items can be sold at vendor if you don't care for what you could get at Trade Post.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vendor

@"Spook.5847" buy https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Copper-Fed_Salvage-o-Matic . If you use this it will turn most of all items that can be salvaged into mats that you can directly from Inventory transfer with Dispose to material storage. Salvage-o-Matic will save you from getting Basic Salvage kit which take space in inventory, if you salvage a lot, and cost 3 copper for each item to use. It is rather fast compared to kit that only have 25 uses for each (it is why it take space as you will need to have several kits do salvage the amount of items you get w/o being forced to get to NPC vendor to buy kits).

Today it is possible to craft 24-32 slots bags and you get one for free as part of achievement for finishing story: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lasting_Bonds:_Where_We_Come_From

It is reasonable to craft at least 24 slot version as you will need to pay a lot for Supreme Rune of Holdings which cost a bit when bought from TP (as it is part of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dealer_(merchant)#vendor1 - prize). As you can see down here in list the amount of Runes you will need increase as you need to "upgrade" the base version from 2 20-slots bags which also need runes, but of another type or can these 20 slots bags be bought at TP combined with 1 Rune of Holding, 3 for 28 slot version and and 8 for 32 slot version. Rune of Holding cost around 11 Gold right now, so 88 Gold only for 32 slot version. Be aware that there are Oiled version, Craftbag version and Equipment (Invisible) version so look up that link about Bag that @CalamityO.2890 posted above in this thread.

You will need at least equipment or invisible bag to make sure that unID or items that is yellow (rare) will not get salvage if do it in one click. (Always check window that popup to make sure there isn't item you want to keep that will be salvage before you confirm). Items that you will salvage can be placed in craftbag or any other bag that doesn't hide item from being seen at vendors.

Every character can have 10 bag (you start with 5 bag slot in Inventory), so it is possible at least buy two 20 bags from TP and upgrade later.

Recipe:24-slot bag

2 20-slot bags of the desired type 1 Supreme Rune of HoldingOther materials depending on bag type

28-slot bag

1 24-slot bag of the desired type3 Supreme Rune of Holding (Boreal bag type) / 5 Supreme Rune of Holding (other bag types)Other materials depending on bag type

32-slot bag

1 28-slot bag of the desired type8 Supreme Rune of Holding (Boreal bag type) / 12 Supreme Rune of Holding (other bag types)Other materials depending on bag type

@Linken.6345 said:

@CalamityO.2890 said:You can filter loot, however many don't bother with it. You can filter junk loot by using oiled bags. They always take junk items first.

That dont help at all with what the OP wants, the suggestion is to filter it so it dont even end up in inventory at all.

There is no need to have a "filter" in this game as it have not been designed with it and the suggestion @CalamityO.2890 give what exist in game. Compared to game which have filter (like Path of Exiles) this work better as you don't have to have an exact ID (to which PoE make use of a long list in text to filter each item by ID and it is a 3rd party that actually do this work on a website to create these filter which need to be downloaded as there is massive amount of items in PoE that would fill your inventory much faster then in in GW2). Turning off autoloot means that would have to use time every time you get loot or open a container or farming node to pick what you want and that method would take time, especially when there is hostile NPC around this wouldn't be smart.

If ANet would create a filter list, then it would probably also be something that adds a delay every time there is loot as then client need to compare item with list before it would take item and move it into Inventory. We have rather large flexibility with system we today as to increase Inventory space (max. 10 bag and each bag can be max. 32 slot, bank can be upgraded, material storage can be expanded and we don't need to go to TP to sell things or to move items to MS). We also have API which make it possible to use sites like gw2efficiency.com to keep track where items are being stored.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:There is nothing wrong with junk items. Sell them at vendors. It is designed to make you take up time to vendor or discard.So we have auto-loot feature to save our time from pointless activity.And we have trash loot to spend our time on pointless activity.Yeah, seems logical.

What is the actual reason for tons of trash like broken claws to exist all?Why do we need to sell trash worth 3 copper? Looks like a bad joke in the game where you need thousands of gold.I'd like to either not have those in drop list OR they should worth ~1 silver at least

GW2 is missing a lot of the QoL features when it comes to the UI. It always amazes me how customizable the UI of Everquest has become, a 21 year-old game. Admitted, their Loot filter system was implemented years after release, but you can customize in detail what ends up in your Inventory. They have implemented several improvements of other UI features also over the years.

Anet seems to be really slow in adding this sort of stuff (omg, Build templates took forever). I just do not know if this is because their Engine is a dog, they do not have the development resources or wait for implementation until they are sure they can monetize it.

too bad GW2 doesn't allow addons like WoW does, players could take it into our own hands and make addons for managing loot,i remember in WoW running a low level dungeon with hundreds of mobs, all to try to get one rare cosmetic drop, sifting through the loot was insane.but someone made an addon to only pick up the things you want, and hey presto my troubles were gone!

@"Tyncale.1629" said:Anet seems to be really slow in adding this sort of stuff (omg, Build templates took forever). I just do not know if this is because their Engine is a dog, they do not have the development resources or wait for implementation until they are sure they can monetize it.

If the "new" thing is as bad as build templates, would anyone really want it?

It's called Bag Wars 2 for a reason...you get some chests, you open the chests, there are bags inside. You open the bags, you get junk and Unidentified Gear (which you should open before salvaging/selling). Now you have a crap ton of junk. I usually vendor it, but I get what OP is saying. There are things not classified as "junk" per se, that you can't sell to a vendor or at the TP. Like Box O' Fun. To destroy it, you have to type out the name. There are other things that area annoying like that. Things I would never use, would prefer to sell, but can't. And when I try to destroy them, I have to type out the name first.

Well shiny bauble is a junk item. Bet you wouldn't want to lose out on those and isn't there a 50s junk item from Ley line anomaly guy too. Then bu bye to 10s spoons from fracs and Wvw. Yeah terrible idea unless you can just mark items as auto destroy/not go into inventory individually

Grey Items do not need to exist in the game. ( you could keep the decent ones like shiny bubbles etc)White items should only be basic vendor items.Blue Items do not need to drop as frequently and should mostly drop form sub 80 environments.Green items are the same as blue in this regard.Yellows are ok since you can salvage them for ectos etc.

@Cobrakon.3108 said:Grey Items do not need to exist in the game. ( you could keep the decent ones like shiny bubbles etc)

There is no need to keep those either since their only purpose is to be sold for their vendor value. The gold could be dropped directly instead

The junk items used to serve as an indicator for the fine items a creature can drop but that system seems to be ignored in HoT

White items should only be basic vendor items.Blue Items do not need to drop as frequently and should mostly drop form sub 80 environments.Green items are the same as blue in this regard.Yellows are ok since you can salvage them for ectos etc.

Meh ... the majority of items is just salvage fodder anyway. It already seems like the majority of drops are greens based on the ratio of unid gear. I stock up on those and only open them in batches and there are always more greens than anything else.

The reason for going to a city or even talk with any vendor including some repair stations where you also can sell items and junk is that player will then see other players with flashy gear, gliders and mounts. This have been the response for why player needed to go to cities (hubs) in a game where most players are playing solo like in PoE. It is reasonable to expect that is part of why ANet want player to collect and dump junk item at NPC vendors. Also those NPCs and repair stations are all around in this game world. With a pass it is fast and easy to teleport to city or pass city/hub and return where one where on map to continue with whatever one where doing. As a free to play game this is one motivation to buy those passes or use the cheaper way of using PVP lobby or WvW (every main home keep have all services frlom NPC vendors, BLTP and work like a passes do. To go back to where one where on maps in PvE open WvW panels and pick "leave WvW" where there is small arrow in the right corner).

As for UI being limited or even the argument that ANet/NCsoft do not allow add ons or mods in anyway this is not true as build templates where a member that created the base which later ANet took over (the idea, but not fully the way it worked as stand alone app). Same for arcDPS which is still allowed as long it follow some restriction (informally from a discussion about what ANet's position where on this).

Over time ANet have actually changed their UI and added more feature to control at least part of it. In the start for 6 years ago (before HoT where released) when I started to play this game, one could not control elements to hide or show. One where forced to open each container and each item one by one - today we can at least right click get options and pick "open all" and same for Salvage kits where we can salvage all that is in bags that isn't protected against salvage after which tier it belong to (green, blue or yellow). Also the unID items didn't exist when I started to play years ago, so every item you got where taking up a lot of space fast. Now you can at least save those stacks to until you want to open them or mass salvage them. Complains like OP express and other here in this thread seem to not have been playing this game during that time. Today it is actually much easier to control loot and items then that time.

In ESO mods aren't necessary only a positive thing as when player/creator of mods stop playing then there is large group of player that use that or those mods that will not be able to play (as some changes cause issues or even crash when ESO make large updates or expansion content). Modders have so far also started to try to simplify their work as using common blocks of code which again needs cooperation among modders. It is a complex process.

Flexibility in user interface do have a "price" in increased work load for GPU. Even turning off all name plates should show that in a minimalistic UI as GW2 make use of. There is also a problem with size and resolution as large surface means in theory more space, but also smaller objects (text size, dimension on UI size etc). As too much object on a small screen very fast can get annoying the same way too large objects on a large screen (when one sit closes to screen). This isn't something that is easy to find a solution that work for every type of screen as size also depends on distance people sit from screen.

As for myself, ANet need to look at what is wrong with is going on in game right now where everything stops and suddenly fast forward. This isn't the common lag most of have become used too and this happens almost on every map. Only Drizzlewoood have not had this kind of behaviour, so far.